Jennie says YG and korea is restricting her but i bet the moment she leaves YG(or any kpop company) and korea and moves to US she is gonna tank hard

• She probably thinks she could be something like taylor swift or some other popular western artist on her own but the fact that she doesn't realises is that she is a MANUFACTURED artist,

even before her career began she had been babysitted and spoonfed by her company and got massive amount of support. She is nothing like a self made artist, she doesn't have a experience or talent for that. Her company is responsible for more than 90% of her success.

If she moves to west leaving kpop/yg/korea to try her luck over there on her own, she will probably get some gigs in hollywood and with a bunch western artist in beginning due to initial hype but she will surely fade away and get forgotten over there in a year or two.

• thebadguy

Changed the title of the thread from “Jennie says YG and korea is limiting her but i bet the moment she leaves YG(or any kpop company) and korea and moves to US she is gonna tank hard” to “Jennie says YG and korea is restricting her but i bet the moment she leaves YG(or any kpop company) and korea and moves to US she is gonna tank hard”.
  • There are ZERO selfmade artists lol, everyone is manufactured, nobody moves without their label. At least if you're talking about stars signed with Warner, UMG or Sony.

Kpop idols take being spoonfed and manufactured to next level. everything from their skills to concept to personality is created by their company.

Soyeon and gidle is self made to a very high degree compared to rest of the kpop groups, maybe not 100% but still.

• She already tried the US aNd tanked. Her show bombed and her Collab with the biggest male artist in the world bombed....we already saw how irrelevant she truly is...

Like I think it was a wake up call to her fandom that brand reputation rankings aren't real relevance.

• She already tried the US aNd tanked. Her show bombed and her Collab with the biggest male artist in the world bombed....we already saw how irrelevant she truly is...

Like I think it was a wake up call to her fandom that brand reputation rankings aren't real relevance.

Yeah but judging by jennie's statements it seems she failed to grasp the wakeup call.

• There are ZERO selfmade artists lol, everyone is manufactured, nobody moves without their label. At least if you're talking about stars signed with Warner, UMG or Sony.

very very wrong

there's tons of very successful and beloved self made artists

granted you wont see them in the media breaking records, because the media only reports what they're paid to report

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• very very wrong

there's tons of very successful and beloved self made artists

granted you wont see them in the media breaking records, because the media only reports what they're paid to report

True, there probably are. But the Big 3 in the US control the music industry, all the mainstream artists like Weeknd, Grande, Swift, Sheeran, Justin, etc are signed to one of the Big Three for a reason.

There are probably hundreds if not thousands of more talented, self-made artists who can write, compose, sing, or even dance that will never get the media coverage they deserve.

• I don't get why people speaking about their own experiences makes other people mad? K-pop stans are just insane lol

Jennie saying she feels restricted makes people mad, BTS revealing their struggles in the industry makes people mad

Why does it bother y'all so much?

Plus, I think her bagging the idol role was her own connections and networking and that is pretty impressive imo

• True, there probably are. But the Big 3 in the US control the music industry, all the mainstream artists like Weeknd, Grande, Swift, Sheeran, Justin, etc are signed to one of the Big Three for a reason.

There are probably hundreds if not thousands of more talented, self-made artists who can write, compose, sing, or even dance that will never get the media coverage they deserve.

yep

a lot of artists in different fields are making bank and being highly acknowledged by enthusiasts in their fields, but will never be known by the "general public" simply because they media will NOT feature them unless they ensure huge profits

doesnt mean anyone who isnt known by the "general public" aka a complete random mix of people who dont know and dont care that much, isnt self-made and successful

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• She probably thinks she could be something like taylor swift or some other popular western artist on her own but the fact that she doesn't realises is that she is a MANUFACTURED artist,

even before her career began she had been babysitted and spoonfed by her company and got massive amount of support. She is nothing like a self made artist, she doesn't have a experience or talent for that. Her company is responsible for more than 90% of her success.

If she moves to west leaving kpop/yg/korea to try her luck over there on her own, she will probably get some gigs in hollywood and with a bunch western artist in beginning due to initial hype but she will surely fade away and get forgotten over there in a year or two.

That’s really true I mean look at what happened to CL. I think she doesn’t realise everyone has a shelf life

the whole show "tanked" jennie barely had screentime. The main character was lily rose and Abel if anything this reflects more the weeknd's failure to appeal to the audience it was his show. . As for the song she had like 12 seconds it was basically the weeknd and lily rose having all the lines, not to mention the lyrics weren't well taken and amount of backlash the weeknd was getting in social media and by the press was the reason it didn't do well.

• the whole show "tanked" jennie barely has screentime. The main character was lily rose and Abel if anything this reflects more the weeknd's lfailure to appeal to the audience it was his show. . As for the song she had like 12 seconds it was basically the weeknd and lily rose having all the lines, not to mention the lyrics weren't well taken all that well and amount of backlash the weeknd was getting in social media and by the press was the reason it didn't do well.

U know that nayeon pop ended jisoo flower right?

It relevant to Korea and Korea only. It is not relevant to the rest of the world.

• That’s really true I mean look at what happened to CL. I think she doesn’t realise everyone has a shelf life

Cl was never that popular internationally well 2ne1 or 2nd generation in general weren't global so these comparisons don't make sense.

It relevant to Korea and Korea only. It is not relevant to the rest of the world.

let's see today how irrelevant they are in France

• Most idols need to get a reality check and work on their music locally. They are not G dragon Psy or BTS nobody else besides them can just goto the USA and the west in general and be totally fine. Very very few people have any serious appeal outside of Korea.

Even BTS would struggle if they went cold turkey and left HYBE and went on their own. Im not saying this as a conflict of interest either. Full disclosure i bought shares in hybe so obviously I have a vested interest in keeping BTS in HYBE forever 😈😈😈. But the reality is, running a company is very very difficult and isn't a easy thing, if they struck out on their own today regardless of popularity they would have to rebuild all those connections in the industry that got them where they are. 99% of that was done for them by HYBE the members themselves were far too busy doing music to put all that type of work in behind the scenes. Granted where they are now, rebuilding would be easier, but maintaining and constantly building it is the hard part. HYBE itself like other agencies hire entire division's for this singular purpose and puts now hundreds of millions of dollars into it.

BTS are rich but not Elon musk rich, so doing this out of the blue would not go well you have to plan for that for some years. And that's BTS they have the absolute best chance to do that. Jennie?🤡 Zero chance, no shade to her she's a talented person but she lacks the capital=MONEY $$$$ let alone the connections and overall brand popularity in the west to break in. Very few people can pull off a BTS very very very few and she's not one of them, especially in the west where she'd have to contend with a strong competition against many local popular female artists.

• Most idols need to get a reality check and work on their music locally. They are not G dragon Psy or BTS nobody else besides them can just goto the USA and the west in general and be totally fine. Very very few people have any serious appeal outside of Korea.

I would say that Lisa does have that kind of appeal as well.

She is huge in SEA and from what I see the most popular female idol in many other countries as well.

• It's probably common that popular members of a kpop group mistake their popularity and think they will till be popular and successful even solo without their group. Jennie will be a just one among many former kpopstars a couple of years after BP breaks up, just like the members in 2NE1 and other former popular groups, they are not much without their group that made them famous. Sure some go on solo, maybe like actresses as many former Girls' Generation members and be successful, but few will have a higher status and success without the fame of the group backning them up.

• Ur head gotta be as thick as a brick to not get what she mean

She is woman in a kpop industry, a woman in south Korea where they are tying for years now to give themselves a space to speak in a country that do not care for them over a sexist community

You think kpop have restricted gidle when they change their looks to fit Korra standard, even soojin being kick out when men stay in their groups fit that narrative

Ggs stan who have members that can write lyrics bc they are allowed shutting down the general idea that kpop doesnt put limitations to idols, specially woman are just putting a sign on their head that read tone deaf

• Ggs stan who have members that can write lyrics bc they are allowed shutting down the general idea that kpop doesnt put limitations to idols, specially woman are just putting a sign on their head that read tone deaf

You completely reverse reality.

It's the fans who stan these groups recruited just for their visuals and who bring them success that cause these female idols the most trouble. Since it simply confirms to the company that launches these groups and practices these methods that they are right thanks to their success.

The words of these fans say they don't like these practices but the reality is that they support them in their actions when they stream, buy albums, or go to their concert.

• Cl was never that popular internationally well 2ne1 or 2nd generation in general weren't global so these comparisons don't make sense.

let's see today how irrelevant they are in France

Lol I was trying to use a FAIR comparison. She is forever going to be grouped in the kpop sphere, there’s no amount of trying that will even change that. Trying to say 2NE1 wasn’t popular globally is a joke, they were the blue print that BP was built on. Lol okay go to an average person the street in France, sureeeee, they will know who Jennie is 😂 Kpop is still irrelevant in the real world. But everyone has a shelf date, look at actual global stars like Beyoncé and Taylor Swift, they’ve had comebacks but it didn’t do as well as their old singles, they peaked. Kpop artists have a shorter expiration date….

• Lol I was trying to use a FAIR comparison. She is forever going to be grouped in the kpop sphere, there’s no amount of trying that will even change that. Trying to say 2NE1 wasn’t popular globally is a joke, they were the blue print that BP was built on. Lol okay go to an average person the street in France, sureeeee, they will know who Jennie is 😂 Kpop is still irrelevant in the real world. But everyone has a shelf date, look at actual global stars like Beyoncé and Taylor Swift, they’ve had comebacks but it didn’t do as well as their old singles, they peaked. Kpop artists have a shorter expiration date….

I was a blackjack and if I compare bp's and 2ne1's global popularity there is huge difference let's be real 3rd gen were the ones that started to go global.

this is not true lol if anything blackpink was supposed to be YG's snsd version they were supposed to debut with a bigger lineup and before you use the other interview, he basically said he didn't want to make them much difference than 2ne1 in the sense that both had that YG's style but originally snsd was concept YG had in mind on how they were created so were never 2ne1's blueprint article

I'm sure that besides BTS people at least heard of bp they are the second popular kpop group. Well there is a reason why they get a lot of hype and interest when the girls go to fashion weeks they aren't definitely nugus

“The power BLACKPINK hold is insane”: BLINKS feel proud as the group spotted taking pictures with French President Emmanuel Macron
    BLACKPINK is currently occupied with its ongoing Born Pink World Tour and has been spotted meeting many famous and prominent people from different sections of…
    www.sportskeeda.com

even Jisoo's flower was played on French tv

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• And all of this has nothing to do with men. 99.99% of all kpop fans young and old are women and are the overwhelmingly the primary audience for both male and female idols. You played yourself. The market is female so if the majority of kpop fans like boy groups regardless of who they are then that's on them, the tldr in kpop is girls friendly fire themselves because they like dick more that's it

• You completely reverse reality.

It's the fans who stan these groups recruited just for their visuals and who bring them success that cause these female idols the most trouble. Since it simply confirms to the company that launches these groups and practices these methods that they are right thanks to their success.

The words of these fans say they don't like these practices but the reality is that they support them in their actions when they stream, buy albums, or go to their concert.

Exactly things people don't want to hear. The market is the fans and almost all fans for every group Male and female are women. Soooooo people wanting change better talk to your constituents= other fans.

• This thread contains 37 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!