(UPDATE) New Dispatch article with details over Cupid copyrights

• no translations yet, will update when I see some

[단독] "안성일 저작권 지분은 95%"…피프티 피프티, 외부세력의 실체
    "바비는 하는 게 무조건 좋으니깐…" 6월 9일. 안성일 PD가 영화 '바비' 뮤직비디오 출연을 재촉했다. 전홍준 대표는 신중론을 유지했다. "본인과 팀과 회사 모두에게 좋은 일인 건 맞는데…" 전 대표가 고민하는
    entertain.naver.com

(Update July 6) new dispatch article about cupid copyrights

[단독] 피프티 피프티, 안성일의 꼼수…저작권자 바꿔치기 녹취 입수
    1. 안성일이 반박했습니다. 2. "어트랙트가 9,000달러(한화 1,200만 원)를 지급하고 보유한 것은 음반 제작자의 권리인 인접권입니다." (안성일) 3. 요약하면, 어트랙트가 9,000달러를 주고 저작인접권을
    entertain.naver.com

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by Clmlrv ().

• what does it say?

basically lays out who made fifty fifty, how who did what, the surgury issue, the copyright stuff

it originally started with kpop KAMP(the concerts) , the CEO, and the producer from The Givers

seems this all started when CEO cut out KAMP CEO, and found a different american agent, the givers were friends/close with KAMP CEO

the girls management was being run by Mr.B who was from The Givers, the CEO guy didnt have any say in the girls health/when they should return activities(this is against the girls says the CEO didnt manage their health properly)

CEO was mostly the guy getting the funds, it cost 2B won per year for the group, looks like it costs 4-5B won by the time they debuted, he sold his cars, watch, and his mother gave him money

the producer bought Cupid from swedish music students for like 9K USD(not sure but it said 9 thousand)

'Dispatch' confirmed the list of copyright holders of 'Cupid'. Ahn Seong-il (SIAHN) 28.65%, Mr. B 4%, Song Ja-kyung (Kina) 0.5%, 'Dugiverse' 66.85%. Swedish student names were omitted.\

The Givers own 99.5% of cupid copyrights

CEO paid money to prod for the purchase of Cupid and was suppose to have % ownership, but they never did(CEO is way to trusting)

• i think the most damning thing is the text between CEO and Siahn where the CEO is concerned about Aran's health and Siahn is like "don't worry, I'll convince her parents"

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• 피프티피프티.. 진짜 무서운 건.. | 네이트 판
    엔터톡 - 모두드루와 : 오늘 연예대통령 이진호 채널에서 피프티피프티에 대한 추가적인 의혹이 공개됨 바로 그들은 왜 쉬었을까..?? 하는 것이다.언론에 따르면 멤버 (어떤 인간인지 이름도 잘 모름) ...
    pann.nate.com

this article (the one inside the post)blew up in korea btw

tldr: aran had her gallbladder removed, should be a 2-4 week recovery max. cept all girls went on like a 2 month "break", they also asked for termination on the 19th, and CEO didnt say shit about the surgery till after, if you leave contract you have to pay a heavy fee as per korean

knetz think that the 50/50 girls conspired with the givers, or the givers convinced the girls to make a move to break the contract

• In their article, Dispatch revealed that Ahn Sung Il was the ultimate benefactor of FIFTY FIFTY’s viral sensation “Cupid,” which was produced by Swedish students who then were later bought out of their copyright claim by Ahn Sung Il for $9,000. The article exposed the fact that Ahn Sung Il and his company, The Givers, owned 28.65% and 66.85% of the song’s royalties, respectively.

• Ahn Sung Il (SIAHN) – 28.65%
    • Employee “B” (AHIN) – 4%
    • Song Ja Kyung (Keena’s real name) – 0.5%
    • The Givers – 66.85%

Dispatch then reveals that Ahn Sung Il may have illegally bought out the Swedish students with money given to him by ATTRAKT.

The funds weren’t looking good at the time. I asked Ahn Sung Il to send me how much the song cost first. Fortunately, we received some investment in March and paid it back to The Givers. It turns out, he took ownership of the copyright.
    — Jeon Hong Joon

Dispatch also revealed evidence that contradicted FIFTY FIFTY’s claims that ATTRAKT’s CEO Jeong Hong Joon had forced them to perform while injured. In several messages, the CEO can be seen accommodating the members’ health.

• Ahn Sung Il: It will definitely be good to do the Barbie movie. I’ll meet with them first to try to persuade them and I will communicate with Aran.
    • Jeon Hong Joon: It’s good for you, the group, and the company, but since it’s also a matter of dealing with a health issue, communicate well with both the parents and the members so that there are no misunderstandings~!!
    • Jeon Hong Joon: With such a good showing its frustrating that they cannot do anything these days~!
    • Ahn Sung Il: I’ll go to personally see her mother.

According to Jeon Hong Joon, he did not ignore the health of the members. He trusted employee “B” and left the management of their health to him.

“B” said he would take good care of them, so I trusted him and left it to him.
    I think trusting him too much was the start of all this trouble.
    When I said I wanted to go to the practice room to see them, he would say that the members were uncomfortable with me being there. I didn’t want to interrupt their practice, so I just held it in and dealt with it.
    Just think about how much I also wanted to see them.
  • kboo translation

First of all, the three key players in the creation of FIFTY FIFTY are Ahn Sung Il, Jeon Hong Joon, and KAMP.

Ahn Sung Il: The CEO and producer for The Givers. He is known to have produced singers J-Walk, Eun Ji Won’s solo career, Rumble Fish, and more. Currently, his agency is also the home to Son Seung Yeon.
    Jeon Hong Joon: The CEO of Attrakt. He was born in 1964. He has managed artists including Cho Kwan Woo, Yang Soo Kyung, Bobby Kim, Yoon Mirae, and Ha Sungwoon.
    KAMP: A performance production company based in the United States. They have hosted several K-Pop festivals. Ahn Sung Il worked as an employee here in 2019.

The relationship between the three began in 2019 during KAMP Singapore 2019. Jeon Hong Joon met with the CEO of KAMP, Ahn Sung Il, and another employee from KAMP. Jeon Hong Joon was able to see K-Pop’s power at this time, suggesting to the KAMP CEO that they should work together to create a global K-Pop group.

However, KAMP’s involvement in the project ended in 2021. There was a disagreement between Jeon Hong Joon and KAMP’s CEO over the global strategy. With their differing opinions, KAMP ended up pulling out of the project. Jeon Hong Joon ended up finding a US-based agent to replace KAMP. That person was Ahn Sung Il.

However, the company’s bank account was quickly emptied. The average cost for producing a girl group is ₩2.00 billion KRW (about $1.53 million USD) annually. The prepayments from investors and distributors didn’t cover this amount.

I didn’t want to discourage my artists. I had their dorm in Gangnam. It was a three bedroom, two bathroom place. The monthly rent was ₩3.30 million KRW (about $2,530 USD). I also got them lessons and training for each aspect…
    — Jeon Hong Joon

In reality, FIFTY FIFTY received lessons in vocals, music theory, rap, dance, English, personal training, and acting. The company spent between ₩20.0 million KRW (about $15,300 USD) and ₩30.0 million KRW (about $23,000 USD) on lesson fees alone each month.

Then there was the music video, where ₩1.00 billion KRW (about $766,000 USD) was invested in producing their music videos. In December 2021, they made four cover song music videos and sent them to ICM, Song Music, and BGM.

In 2022, music videos for all four songs from their first album were produced at a total production cost of over ₩500 million KRW (about $383,000 USD). An additional ₩250 million KRW (about $192,000 USD) was spent on the music video for “Cupid.”

Ahn Sung Il led the process for the music video production. He even sold his foreign car and expensive watch to help raise funds for FIFTY FIFTY’s music videos. After all of this, FIFTY FIFTY debuted in November 2022.

It’s true that Ahn Sung Il picked a gem out of a pile of 2,000 songs. However, Ahn Sung Il is the one who will end up benefiting the most from “Cupid”.

Jeon Hong Joon: SIAHN, the copyright royalties will be huge. Congratulations.
    Ahn Sung Il: I’m a minority shareholder, so there won’t be that much.
    Jeon Hong Joon: Aigoo, next time make it higher. As the writer.

But in reality, Ahn Sung Il has a 95.5% stake in the copyrights after combining his own personal percentage and The Givers’ percentage.

• All of them are just stories. With no hard evidence.

Jeon will have to provide documentation, not just random messages , to provide what he actually did.

It is likely that Siahn has all the documentation in his favor, so at court he has little chance of defeat.

Jeon has shown all of his hands while Siahn and the Members have not shown theirs. Which , in real world, basically means Jeon is losing. Jeon might get people's support now, but by the time this case reaches the appeals court, people would have moved on and he would probably 'win' but actually 'lose'.

• All we have is Jeon's claims. The other party have revealed nothing since there is no reason to show their hands before the trial.

Jeon's past history indicates that he is no angel. The Givers and the members could raise such points but they are not doing that since that is not relevant for this case. All the members care about is getting an injunction so they can promote outside of Korea; they don't really care losing in Korea.

• All we have is Jeon's claims. The other party have revealed nothing since there is no reason to show their hands before the trial.

Jeon's past history indicates that he is no angel. The Givers and the members could raise such points but they are not doing that since that is not relevant for this case. All the members care about is getting an injunction so they can promote outside of Korea; they don't really care losing in Korea.

Well dispatch rarely got wrong info so them slightly siding with the CEO is something.

• So far, any side Dispatch going for will be come out as the winner or the 'real victims'. Not saying they are that trusted but yeah most of time they're kinda right about things like this.

• There are 2 sides to every story, and in this case 3 sides to the story.

Looks like on the surface SIAHN has scammed the owner. But maybe the owner never paid SIAHN. Then you have the girls point of view.

I still believe that the girls have a solid case for contract termination, otherwise they would not take the legal route.

• The CEO should just take his 20M and sell the group.

He should cut his losses

The group probably won't go anywhere after this mess

External Content www.youtube.com

• It has been so pathetic to see how these executives are all trying to claim Cupid's success. They seem to care more about that than the actual group. All of them are just crooks.

Also the Swedish producers of the song only receiving $9k for it is just tragic, especially compared to the other expenditures Attrakt made for 5050.

• So far, any side Dispatch going for will be come out as the winner or the 'real victims'. Not saying they are that trusted but yeah most of time they're kinda right about things like this.

They are good at digging up scandals. For this kind of matter, they are weak which is why they didn't say anything until this case developed somewhat.

• 50/50 nugu from now on confirmed, they could have achived so much but their greedy asses screwed them over

Not exactly

The owner's case is weak, and in about a year their contract would have been severed for all practical purposes, and they will move to another country where they start again

Since there was no base there would be not much to lose

Of course the Koreans will try to stop it but since they have no ties with Korea now what can t hey do?

• In my eyes they lost credibility when they sided with BBC in whole Chuu and Loona case.

Dispatch has played hired hitman so many times. Does nobody else notice how they almost always side with the agency or the one with agency backing?

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• And this whole bit about how much he sacrificed is nice but why can he clearly tell dispatch how much he spent but not his own artists

Which will be the main battlefield on the court. Ha Sungwoon is in the military but it won't be too hard to contact former HotShot members who will tell how well they were treated by the attrakt owner.

• And this whole bit about how much he sacrificed is nice but why can he clearly tell dispatch how much he spent but not his own artists

we have yet to get the depositions to know what was or wasn't revealed. And costs aren't all that's in a settlement.

We can't say how much the artists were or were not privy to. They've stated nothing on that end and the trial has yet to begin.

we as an audience can only presuppose in any direction. We don't know what they do or don't know.

• it does undermine the image the attrakt owner has created for the Korean general public.

I didn't ask about the image of the CEO. I stated it has no bearing on the case at hand.

If I stole a bike, that doesn't really matter on whether or not someone unrelated broke into my house.

It's not like Siahn, if the allegations are true, is committing fraud to avenge Hotshot

• I didn't ask about the image of the CEO. I stated it has no bearing on the case at hand.

If I stole a bike, that doesn't really matter on whether or not someone unrelated broke into my house.

It's not like Siahn, if the allegations are true, is committing fraud to avenge Hotshot

In theory, yes. However this is a battle for public opinion.

The owner's case is weak and he wants to move public opinion to obtain a ruling which is favorable for him, but if what he had done before undermines his claims of being a caring, considering owner, then his entire argument falls apart and what was actually done becomes much less important.

• In theory, yes. However this is a battle for public opinion.

The owner's case is weak and he wants to move public opinion to obtain a ruling which is favorable for him, but if what he had done before undermines his claims of being a caring, considering owner, then his entire argument falls apart and what was actually done becomes much less important.

We don't know how weak or strong any of their cases are. You repeating this doesn't make it true when we've gotten no word on the discovery or depositions from any of the three cases.

We've no clue what evidence has been submitted

We have no clue if any judges have viewed the cases

No third party lawyers have spoken on the details of the cases (How could they? We've no even gotten to a hearing yet.)

The only things that exist are statements to the public and leaked information. Which tells us nothing on the progress of these cases or how weak or strong each side's particular case is.

I know you like making shit up, but at least wait until even a release of court proceedings before, with your whole chest going "X has a weak case."

Cause otherwise, you sound like a clown, well more of a clown than you usually sound like

• Everything is just the owner's opinion. He has to produce binding documents to back his claims, and chances are he lacks hard evidence. There are a lot of holes in his argument, which the members or the givers do not try to refute since there will be plenty of time to do so in the courtroom.

It is mostly the owner's side doing all the talking. I have played poker, and that is called bluffing. When the hand is weak the player tends to bluff more, and some people fall for it but cold players don't fall into such theatrics.

Despite of his claims, it is clear that he had almost nothing to do with the management of FF, and the members and the Givers will have to compensate for the actual amount which the owner has proven to have actually spent , which won't be much compared to all this figures the owner is floating around, and move on.

• Everything is just the owner's opinion. He has to produce binding documents to back his claims, and chances are he lacks hard evidence. There are a lot of holes in his argument, which the members or the givers do not try to refute since there will be plenty of time to do so in the courtroom.

It is mostly the owner's side doing all the talking. I have played poker, and that is called bluffing. When the hand is weak the player tends to bluff more, and some people fall for it but cold players don't fall into such theatrics.

Despite of his claims, it is clear that he had almost nothing to do with the management of FF, and the members and the Givers will have to compensate for the actual amount which the owner has proven to have actually spent , which won't be much compared to all this figures the owner is floating around, and move on.

So, you have nothing. That's what I thought. You're presupposing things entirely off of what you believe is the correct course of action or how to convey things to the public and then extrapolating it to what the case is.

That's not how it works. Nothing provided can be used to say anything beyond that the Attrakt CEO is very public facing. This may be because he's trying to bluff his position, or it could equally be because he's overly emotional and wants to vent and it could also just be because he loves to talk and give reports. No option is any more or less valid, and pretending like you can clearly and succinctly discern the intentions or motives of people from several removed sources is a level of ego that's astounding.

But I expect you to be ego driven.

And your last point is just completely circumventing what all the lawsuits are about and just basically going "Pay the problem away." It's a non-argument.

• He said nothing when he ran HotShot and HaSungwoon to the ground.

In fact hardly anyone knew who he was until last week.

I don't know him so I don't know his personality or anything, but given his overexcited behavior, it seems he does not hold good cards and wants to bluff away his disadvantages by inciting Korean public.

• Ahn Sung Il: It will definitely be good to do the Barbie movie. I’ll meet with them first to try to persuade them and I will communicate with Aran

Why the fuck would someone need to he persuaded for this, like it is everyone's dream??? Do these girls want to be singers or no? I'd be there no matter how sick I am.

• CEO Jeon Hong-Joon will be going to court on July 5th. It will be a lawsuit for provisional suspension of the exclusive contract. The only place where he can speak out about all that has happened, is the courtroom.

Also CEO JHJ: 9000 press statements even after his artists asked him to stop :pepefacepalm:

• This thread contains 8 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!