Honestly, I believe if there are companies that hire people to write controversial articles to attack their artists

• Obviously not a huge controversy that can ruined their artist's careers but just enough to make their artist as the talk of the town for awhile and the become center of attention. Company will get some benefits from this.

1. People keep talking about their artist = free, easy and the best marketing and promotion

2. It will make people sympathize and support the artist = potentially getting new fans

3. It will build a strong fandom because fans want to protect their artist = Loyal fandom

• Low key agree for 1 single reason. Wonyoung. Now I'm aware sometimes if your not a dedicated stan you don't see the hate an idols receives, however before I even know who this girl was, or anything about her group, I was getting drowned in posts about how hated she is and how people need to leave her alone.

I do think that endless posts hating on an idol can lead to an increase in hate towards them as certain dumb dumbs feel like its the norm to hate on them but the source of the massive spread of said hate just felt fake. Compared to other hate trains I've seen (Bahiyyih, Hwasa and Jennie esp), it felt very inorganic. For all 3 mentioned you could not move for hate posts from fans, anti's, you'd see countless viral threads, fan and news accounts making endless edits, insane comments on any posts they made and all that eventually translated into articles. With WY I'd see some post about an article criticising her (I mean the strawberry???) and all the comments would be defending her.

Now I'm not saying she deserves any hate, just making the point that to me it looked more like the media hated her far more than the GP or any fans, especially because you'd read an article and none of the accusations ever made any vague sense and if anything just increased her likeability because they seemed so dumb. Esp when those articles came out comparing the amount of articles written about her compared to literally EVERY other group and how her articles were far more than all of BP together, plus the reports of who owned said tabloids. It became clear Kakao was messing around behind the scenes and that just made me feel bad for her.

• I definitely believe companies have employees on social media/forums writing posts to attack rival artists, but writing articles attacking their own artists in order to have fans protect them?! I don’t think so but that’s an interesting theory.

Edited once, last by LCJK ().

• You mean journalist articles or posts? Either way idk because I feel like it goes by too fast in the content stream to be worth it (it's unlikely to be seen by a lot of people) and they can just rely on actual fans. to do that

Simply any kind of hate post towards an artist that not even a scandal yet suddenly gain a huge attention. This is not something that you can rely on fans bc the point of doing this to actually attract non fans attention to those artist and to make people talk about them. And this is a very effective noise marketing. I don't want to drop any name but it's really obvious how kpop works.

• And to attack other company's artists, like T-ara. They were a threat to you know who

I think this is very obvious. Only really blind fans will not see or admit this.

And some fans are really naive to think that those companies are saint enough to not attack their own artists for noise marketing and to gain sympathy from public.

• they gots to do what they gots to do. hater nation is real. they out here targeting, frauding, faking, sinning, evil-ing, in the open, they out here being sick people. these companies be lying and frauding, but the hate some groups get be deserved, we gots to get lesserafim, g-idle, ive, new jeans, babymonster, blackpink, bts, twice, jackson wang, out of here, we don't need them, we don't. hater nation is sinister. so sick. gots to stop hating on people, gots to. they out here hating. not godly people, sinister people out here, save the world. save it. we gots to pray, pray for em. so sick and twisted. so sick.

• Very common tactic. Just like how fanwars or mistreatment allegations could be exacerbated or even fueled by labels to get their fandoms to be even more competitive so they buy more albums, stream harder, trend hashtags, etc. How many times have we seen "mistreatment" hashtags trending on TW? This is true especially for akgae civil wars, particularly Blackpink. I bet thousands upon thousands of album sales for Rose/Jisoo/Lisa were generated by competition between rival akgaes.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!