This TWICE hate is so weird

• I feel like 4th gen stans who are coming in (or late game 3rd gen stans aka blinks and army and even some reveluv prob if they have enough fans) are like frothing at the mouth to prove that TWICE is officially in decline.

Like its so strange to see you guys this excited because Twice is so unproblematic as a whole and honestly they most consistently stick to their signature sound out of the big groups, they are the most interactive, they just seem to deserve the success they have and now these like NewJeans stans and Baby Monster stan-to-bes are like “Once nugu??”

And lastly we all know why Twice isn’t doing as well on MelOn and its because the base of people streaming music are very young and might not know Twice’s legacy, and are too immature yet to connect to Twice’s current image/music. It happened to everyone Korea, even BigBang and SNSD

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• Secondly i think that the reason for the decline is also because kpop stans have a false sense of how much their fav is listened to in the first place. You mass stream and inflate numbers as a project with your fandom when you’re newer and younger but tbh i have a job??? Like??? I’m busy? So i do listen to these songs when i have time to, but i’m less frequently able to listen to music so i listen to less music.

If i were someone who was mass streaming at say age 17-22 and now i have a real job and can’t do that while i’m working, my favs and the people who are stanned by people my age will all have fans who are “holding them back” from the streams because WE ARENT MASS STREAMING

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• And lastly we all know why Twice isn’t doing as well on MelOn and its because the base of people streaming music are very young and might not know Twice’s legacy, and are too immature yet to connect to Twice’s current image/music

I agree with some things you point out

Bit disagree about this one

How people are too immature to connect with twice mature sound and image or know their legacy

When kpop gg older than them like kara and snsd were able to do well

And how is their image is too mature for ppl to connect when sounds and concept like psycho, decalcomanie... Were able to do better with more mature sound and concept

I don't think the problem is the public

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• you probably don't know but onces were coming for other girl groups like bp and RV and treating them as flops a few days ago they aren't as innocent as you think their fandom is messy I had to mute a lot of twice accounts so I don't see it on my TL

• literally all the replies on twt are straight up unhinged, it doesn't even matter what fandom it's coming from. western pop girlies, kpop stans, they're all insane and they comment the nastiest things they can think of.

it's not personal, they just hate themselves and it makes them feel better to prop up a celebrity and vicariously live through their success while insulting and downplaying others. i wouldn't take any of it seriously.

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• I just support Twice with what I can do, tbh the toxicity of stans and all is just not for me. I mean I'm here to enjoy music and not engage with fan wars. Anyway I'm just probably transitioning to adulthood. Besides I think Twice is at the point of their career where they can relax and not care about the competitiveness in kpop (charts wise), their albums are increasing, their tours are doing great. Less pressure to compete with younger groups while also earning lots of money from touring is honestly good for them. I'd be more worried if literally ZERO people would care at them. But that's totally impossible and even if that were to happen, Twice had their time and could move on to the next phase of their lives. Change is the only permanent thing in this world, changes are bound to happen.

• Then this happen to Bigbang? Every their song destroyed charts.

Their digital success is unmatched, you could argue that they're the greatest charting act in Korean history

Screenshot 2023-03-12 052528.png

Screenshot 2023-03-12 052614.png

This is only Gaon charting from 2011 onwards, and doesnt include their dominance on Melon (15 - 19 #1 hits on Melon Weekly) and their biggest hits like Lies, Haru Haru, which came before Gaon Digital Chart was created. I'm not sure if Bigbang had a single flop in their entire career.

• you probably don't know but onces were coming for other girl groups like bp and RV and treating them as flops a few days ago they aren't as innocent as you think their fandom is messy I had to mute a lot of twice accounts so I don't see it on my TL

Proof? If you're referring to twitter you can DM me the link. Otherwise it didn't happen.

• Let's focus on the positive things. Non kpop fans seem to be appreciating Twice more and more

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• I think it was just more pronounced this comeback because it literally only lasted 1 day in the daily chart on Melon. There may have been some hyperbole with the flops of the last several years, but this one was shocking.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!