If it safe to say Baekhyun is the biggest and most profitable idol from SM?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

T MINUS 15 DAYS TILL BAEKHYUN IS BACK TO SAVE KPOP

• taeyeon career is bigger than him put some respect on her name

Absolute delusion. That doesn’t make money lol. I knew the taeyeon Stan’s will come into this thread with their delulu replies.

She is most DEFINITELY not the most profitable idol at SM in any way 😭

• Baekhyun’s career was halted for over 2 years. You cannot compare that to Taeyeon who did not stop. They are both profitable. Please don’t disrespect Baekhyun.

Nah it’s just some random delulus. There is no way taeyon makes more money than Baekhyun. Baekhyun has endorsements AND single-handedly sells millions of albums AND when he comes back apart from all the sales he does for SM via his fan merch he will tour bigger than anything she ever will.

How on earth can anyone with a straight face say taeyeon is even close to Baekhyun 😭😭🤣 it’s so absurd 😭😭

Being a successful singer or having hits =/= most profitable people seem confused. The question wasn’t who has more hits it was who is most profitable and that’s Baekhyun. Unless you’re biased and delusional.

• Baekhyun merch : most sold

Baekhyun magazine covers : most sold

Baekhyun album : most sold

Baekhyun Beyond Live concert: most sold soloist

Baekhyun endorsements : from luxury brand Burberry k beauty brand Tir Tir he literally had it all and people will be lining up once he’s back again because anything he touches is gold.

Imagine knowing he sells more albums/merch, tours more and has brands at his beck and call and thinking he’s not the biggest idol 😭😭 It takes a special type of delusion indeed 😭😭😭🧍‍♀️

• even Baekhyun gets worse treatment than other SM male idols, his promotions for City Lights and Delight were disgraceful. I just hate that company so much agh.

Nah I don’t think I’ve ever been dissatisfied with promo. Esp not for solos. I believe the exos are responsible for their own solo careers that’s why each of their releases and promos are catered to them and the things they like/want to do.

• Baekhyun is more profitable than taeyeon

She can't gross millions on tour like him and his cfs even less are luxury and pay huge rates. It is not quantity it is quality. Merchandise generate millions so does album sales. People are clueless.

• taeyeon career is bigger than him put some respect on her name

Baekhyun makes SM more money than Taeyeon, but being a senior, Taeyeon is probably richer.

External Content youtu.be

• I think Yoona is the most profitable.

She has had several beyond Korea cfs. Taiwan, China, Asia Pacific region.

And then her movies, dramas, Asian fan meetings and huge number of cfs.

• I can't believe he'll be back soon. I'm so ready for him.

• Does Taeyeon have more cfs than Yoona?

• Baekhyun’s career was halted for over 2 years. You cannot compare that to Taeyeon who did not stop. They are both profitable. Please don’t disrespect Baekhyun.

Those two made a hot couple. I guess that's why we'll never have a collab. I still want one.

• I think Yoona is the most profitable.

She has had several beyond Korea cfs. Taiwan, China, Asia Pacific region.

And then her movies, dramas, Asian fan meetings and huge number of cfs.

Stop bringing CFs like as if baekhyun is a nugu lolololol Baekhyun has CF’s AND sells million in merch albums and cons. No one is competing with that. No one in SNSD is making as much as Baekhyun. If yoona was IU maybe we can consider her acting profits but otherwise it’s not worth mentioning and Baekhyun with merch and cons and sales is definitely doing more.

• Yes.

I think people really underestimating his fanbase. Taeyeon has hits but that's really all and she doesn't sell nowhere near as Baekhyun nor does she bring in as much money through merch and similar products. We're talking the only male idol to have 2 million selling albums. Literally just read the report and you'll see that even SM themselves admitted he has the biggest solo fanbase out of everyone under that company.

You could even argue that his following is bigger than EXO's right now

• No bring senior doesn't meant an idol can ve more richer. Some idols can outearn in touring and worldwide income, something seniors never had. Like massive touring income and global merchandise sales.

Yes, but Taeyeon is Snsd and Snsd was the biggest touring girl group in Korea before Exo started touring.

Snsd held 3 or 4 positions in the top 10 most grossing girl group tours off all time, only behind Spice Girls and Destiny's Child I think.

Snsd also had about 5 world tours and Exo hasn't.

Also Taeyeon has had solo Asian tours, together with Yoona and they've been able to sell out huge venues across Asia. Baekhyun is yet to do that.

• Then what is BoA

BoA reached a level that no other SM idol has reached during her peak.

Queen of Kpop.

Edited once, last by sonemariam ().

• What about Solo tours like Taeyeon (several times in Korea and like 2 times in Asia) and Yoona (two Asian fan meeting tours). That's where most money comes from.

Also, Yoona has had 7-10 cf deals a year for over 10 years now and some deals are beyond Korea.

Snsd is one group that should not be easily under estimated.

• Stop bringing CFs like as if baekhyun is a nugu lolololol Baekhyun has CF’s AND sells million in merch albums and cons. No one is competing with that. No one in SNSD is making as much as Baekhyun. If yoona was IU maybe we can consider her acting profits but otherwise it’s not worth mentioning and Baekhyun with merch and cons and sales is definitely doing more.

Baekhyun is not Nugu, he's my bias so I know. I understand his popularity but it's not fair to compare him to Snsd who have been endorsing products since 2007. Exo debuted in 2012, 6 years since Snsd started working.

Yoona alone started modeling in 2006, and at some point , it was said that she had over 20 cfs in one year.

So how much money do you think Yoona has made since 2006 when she's been on top, doing very well each year?

In 2017 or 2019, Yoona covered about 7 magazines across Asia. Yoona is a Vogue cover girl not just in Korea but in China too. It takes a lot of power to do that.

It said that she got paid about 2 million dollars for one Chinese drama.

Yoona in Korea is like Lay/ Luhan in China. You don't easily compare them even to other very popular idols.

Edit: I love Baekhyun but Yoona is huge too.

Edited once, last by sonemariam ().

• Then what is BoA

Exactly. BoA not only paved the way she built the entire palace.

• Yes, he is.

And why are people bringing CFs, Baekhyun gets a lot of endorsements too. He's not a nugu bg idol lol.

Does he get as many as Yoona who has been modeling since 2006?

• This thread contains 66 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!