lesserafim ended up being the most "girl crush" group without doing the typical girl crush concept

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

kpop was doing girl crush wrong with all those noisy beat drops and trying hard to look "bad ass"

who's your favorite artist?

• Imagine trying to discredit all the concept that several groups did just to praise your faves and thinking you are right :thinkerpepe:

...huh? why is critiquing a concept "discrediting"? i always thought it was nice to have gg concepts that were more "powerful" or "hardhitting" rather than everything just falling into sexy or cute concepts, but i just don't like the trends that took the girl crush concept by storm, particularly in music. i'm just a little confused why you're getting defensive over a..concept. not a single group was mentioned :huuh:

• ...huh? why is critiquing a concept "discrediting"? i always thought it was nice to have gg concepts that were more "powerful" or "hardhitting" rather than everything just falling into sexy or cute concepts, but i just don't like the trends that took the girl crush concept by storm, particularly in music. i'm just a little confused why you're getting defensive over a..concept. not a single group was mentioned :huuh:

You kinda named all ggs that do GC :pepe-just-smile: and critiquing a concept :pepe-joy: sure you are. Anyways you wrote a little text to reply to me when I just wrote 2 lines. Who's in the defensive? :thinkerpepe:

• Isn't it teen crush like Weki Meki?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(such a bop btw :pepe-singing: )

Sseraphimon only did it and didn't flop

Pull up in a ghost Peek a peek a boo hoo Vroom vroom

XWQN6MB.png

• okay, we need someone who knows more than me to define "teen crush", "high teen power", and "girl crush"

• They really are a great group - catchy bops, funny girls, talented (have you guys heard Yunjin singing Think of Me - it’s at the 11.07 mark), and drop dead gorgeous. For this comeback, LSFM is the top overtaking G-idle (usually G-idle is the top for me). So I’m excited to see if they gonna keep giving us bops and quality contents (the Silence of Idols video was hilarious and cute).

External Content youtu.be

• okay, we need someone who knows more than me to define "teen crush", "high teen power", and "girl crush"

This article has some other examples

What Is The 'Teen Crush' Concept? 5 Teen Crush Girl Groups You Should Stan
    'Girl crush' used to be one of the most loved girl group concepts in K-Pop, but in recent years 'teen crush' has taken over. Find out more about the difference…
    www.kpopmap.com

You'll see they don't "try to look badass" all the time as op said, which is almost the definition of said concept.

Pull up in a ghost Peek a peek a boo hoo Vroom vroom

XWQN6MB.png

• Eh, I feel all these definitions are vague anyway. I would just talk about how beat drops are overdone and new groups like Le Sserafim are proving you don't need them for a song to project a strong image.

They really are a great group - catchy bops, funny girls, talented (have you guys heard Yunjin singing Think of Me - it’s at the 11.07 mark), and drop dead gorgeous. For this comeback, LSFM is the top overtaking G-idle (usually G-idle is the top for me). So I’m excited to see if they gonna keep giving us bops and quality contents (the Silence of Idols video was hilarious and cute).

Same! Long time since I've been so into a rookie group.

• What i dont get is why beat drops are considered noisy? The ones that Teddy does for example are usually clean af. Super dope and catchy. HYLT, KTL, Pink Venom anti drop.

When i think of noise, i think of unintelligble shouting overprocessed autotuned rapping mess like Daechwita.

i love daechwita, glad you're interested enough to check out the BTS mixtapes

BP doesn't do noisy drops, but like, this is the first comment that specifically mentions blackpink. How do you know OP was talking about BP? News to me.

The thing I like most about Antifragile is the momentum. The beat isn't stop-start-drop etc, etc. It just propels on like good reggaeton beats should. Maybe that's what sets it apart

• What i dont get is why beat drops are considered noisy? The ones that Teddy does for example are usually clean af. Super dope and catchy. HYLT, KTL, Pink Venom anti drop.

When i think of noise, i think of unintelligble shouting overprocessed autotuned rapping mess like Daechwita.

YOU DID NOT JUST COME FOR THE MASTERPIECE THAT IS DAECHWITA :pepe-slash:

• i love daechwita, glad you're interested enough to check out the BTS mixtapes

BP doesn't do noisy drops, but like, this is the first comment that specifically mentions blackpink. How do you know OP was talking about BP? News to me.

The thing I like most about Antifragile is the momentum. The beat isn't stop-start-drop etc, etc. It just propels on like good reggaeton beats should. Maybe that's what sets it apart

YOU DID NOT JUST COME FOR THE MASTERPIECE THAT IS DAECHWITA :pepe-slash:

lol sorry friends, it literally showed up on my YT suggested list an hour ago, i hadnt heard it in ages. I prefer Yoongi's mellow or mid tempo flow, he killed it in Magic Shop for example. But this autotuned shouting is too much and i cant understand his Korean (with English subtitles as a guide i can usually go back and figure out most of the Korean lyrics in a song). :pepe-sad:

• lol sorry friends, it literally showed up on my YT suggested list an hour ago, i hadnt heard it in ages. I prefer Yoongi's mellow or mid tempo flow, he killed it in Magic Shop for example. But this autotuned shouting is too much and i cant understand his Korean (with English subtitles as a guide i can usually go back and figure out most of the Korean lyrics in a song). :pepe-sad:

Oh I see! You're telling us you've become hard of hearing. So sorry friend :hug-raccoon: I wish you could hear how good it is. Crying for you :waterr:

You just want

Here’s some newbeans you ordered

• You just want

Here’s some newbeans you ordered

sassy

External Content twitter.com

External Content www.youtube.com

its literally noise but ok

• How has nobody critiqued OP's opening statement?

What exactly makes LSF the most girl crush group, OP?

Is it the themes?

Is it the styling?

Is it the fanbase? I doubt it given that LSF has the most male fans of Gen 4

Also feels odd to see someone act like what LSF is doing is new. They're doing latin beats, this is hardly a rarity in kpop and was even a cliche in the middle parts of Gen 3 along with all the Moombahton and Tropical House music that's gone out of style.

• "lesserafim ended up being the most "girl crush" group without doing the typical girl crush concept."

y'all do realize that the term girl crush exists outside of kpop concepts, right?

pasted-from-clipboard.png

this website is seriously so devoid of any fun and banter anymore that this thread was taken with the uptmost seriousness when all i was really trying to say was that lesserafim are "girl crush" without being kpop girl crush :huuh:

• Which is why I asked what you meant by Girl Crush. And if you're going off the whole admiration by other women, I once again refer to the whole gender ratio situation

Wait they do? Have they taken polls on this already?! They just debuted in May of this year

1665679084-image.png

• Which is why I asked what you meant by Girl Crush. And if you're going off the whole admiration by other women, I once again refer to the whole gender ratio situation

1665679084-image.png

im a woman and i like them? like wtf are these stats supposed to prove? women...literally still like them? and i consider anti-fragile a concept that is very popular with female fans. pull up the male to female ratio of their current melon listeners for antifragile instead, why don't you, because these stats are before it. and i guess the video in the op didn't make it clear enough for you, but this thread was specifically about antifragile

• im a woman and i like them? like wtf are these stats supposed to prove? women...literally still like them? and i consider anti-fragile a concept that is very popular with female fans. pull up the male to female ratio of their current melon listeners for antifragile instead, why don't you, because these stats are before it. and i guess the video in the op didn't make it clear enough for you, but this thread was specifically about antifragile

I mean, you put forward they're the most girl crush group. Would expect you to mean in general. Like I get it people in Kpop love hyperbole, but you coulda just gone "Antifragile the shit, this is girl crush I love" or some such variation without a thread that's clearly trying to call out the other groups doing the concept.

• I mean, you put forward they're the most girl crush group. Would expect you to mean in general. Like I get it people in Kpop love hyperbole, but you coulda just gone "Antifragile the shit, this is girl crush I love" or some such variation without a thread that's clearly trying to call out the other groups doing the concept.

ok but who called out "other girl groups"? like, most kpop groups have literally done multiple different concepts. not every song has a beat drop, not every mv has girls trying to act "bad ass". AND literally no group decides their own concepts without their company's input and final say. it is mind boggling that i cannot call out tropes without y'all trying to associate them with specific groups. only group i personally called out in this thread was loona by posting so what as an example of what i meant by "noisy beat drop". and i was a HUGE orbit before so what, mind you.

please say your feelings were hurt in less words next time

• ok but who called out "other girl groups"? like, most kpop groups have literally done multiple different concepts. not every song has a beat drop, not every mv has girls trying to act "bad ass". AND literally no group decides their own concepts without their company's input and final say. it is mind boggling that i cannot call out tropes without y'all trying to associate them with specific groups. only group i personally called out in this thread was loona by posting so what as an example of what i meant by "noisy beat drop". and i was a HUGE orbit before so what, mind you.

please say your feelings were hurt in less words next time

Just cause I engage with you doesn't mean I'm deeply offended by your takes.

Also you gotta realize implicit exists just as much as explicit. You're not saying anyone, but you're clearly alluding. If you weren't you wouldn't be providing LSF as contrast. Tropes don't exist in a vacuum after all.

• Op made a thread generalizing ggs who do GC as they weren't clear in their op and now op is mad when people disagree with them kkkkkk why make a thread if you are angry bc others are replying?

"What hurt you?" "Why are you in the defensive?" :clown:

Wtf? If you wanted to say what you said in page 2 you would have wrote it in the op, but you didn't. The intention was quite clear or you just write super bad.

• This thread contains 22 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!