After 2 months, what do you think about Ven Para by Weeekly?

• A little over 2 months since release, what do you think about Ven Para by Weeekly after that time? Has your thoughts/opinions changed? Have they mostly stayed the same, improved, or worsened? (even by a little bit)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I personally think that I don't really like this concept for them. To me, it doesn't really sound like Weeekly since its debut and I think one of the reasons that so many people were so upset about this concept, is probably how they changed concepts so abruptly. It's inevitable, most groups change concepts after they grow older, especially from a cute/bright/teen crush concept to a more mature one. However, I feel like they should've waited a little while since they're still young as a group and don't have a fandom that's growing so large in some other groups. I feel like there could've been a loss of fans switching concepts so abruptly. It just wasn't the right time yet.

I also think that the way they executed it could've been better. If they were going to decide to change concepts now, they should've done it more smoothly. I feel like the best way to change concepts is through a comeback that sort of acts as a "bridge" between concepts. What I mean by this is a comeback that's not completely cute/bright/teen crush and not a comeback that's on the verge of being a mature girl crush but kind of in the middle.

Twice is a great example of that and probably the best transition of concepts. Fancy was their official transition from doing mainly bright concepts to more mature concepts. (I actually think they were building up to it by some of their performances the year before and BDZ's concept, though not the song at all, and Yes or Yes wasn't that cute.)

Fancy was the perfect mix of bright and mature while still maintaining that Twice sound. And the way they still release concepts on the brighter side to cater to those types of fans but after this comeback, they never went to the same sort of cute back in 2015-2018.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I wish they didn't go from After school, a bright, teen crush song, straight to Ven Para, a more badass and femme fatal type of comeback. And I hope that they be smart if they continue to do this sort of concept for their group because it would be sort of awkward now to switch back and forth.

I also honestly think that the brighter concepts suit some members more than doing the mature ones. I felt like Monday, Soeun and Zoa really executed this sort of thing well and Jihan really surprised me here, just a big shoutout to them!

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Pt. 2

My personal thoughts about the comeback as a song and thoughts about the concept and choreography

Song - I feel like everything except the chorus, the rap, and the bridge was pretty boring. I'm not a fan of the autotune (which sometimes I don't mind, it depends on the song). I just wasn't feeling most of the verses. I'm also not a huge fan of the instrumental. But on a better note, the rap is FIRE. I actually really like the chorus. It's very catchy and honestly, I love the firey and powerful feel it has to it. I actually kind of liked the "ven para ca" part and the high note.

Choreography - Probably the best part of the comeback imo. The choreography is a masterpiece and don't tell me otherwise! YGX Yeojin is a choreographer of it and she did amazing doing it. It feels so powerful and it's just wow! I feel like it's easy to over exaggerate the choreography though and adding too much power. But each member executed it well so I'm happy about that!

Concept - I actually really like this concept and it reminds me of Loona PTT concept for some reason, and idk why. I like the music video though it's not super interesting, it does add depth to the comeback for sure. Love the new logo too

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Complete disappointment - they dropped everything that made their concept fresh and jumped right into a girl crush one without establishing and fully exploring the sound they presented us with first. Didn't feel genuine nor coherent and more like a cash grab.

The song itself is very poorly mixed and arranged too. It's sad because I liked After School and thought they were up to something with it.

• I also think that the way they executed it could've been better. If they were going to decide to change concepts now, they should've done it more smoothly. I feel like the best way to change concepts is through a comeback that sort of acts as a "bridge" between concepts. What I mean by this is a comeback that's not completely cute/bright/teen crush and not a comeback that's on the verge of being a mature girl crush but kind of in the middle.

Twice is a great example of that and probably the best transition of concepts. Fancy was their official transition from doing mainly bright concepts to more mature concepts. (I actually think they were building up to it by some of their performances the year before and BDZ's concept, though not the song at all, and Yes or Yes wasn't that cute.)

You put it perfectly btw, this is exactly what I think.

And TWICE is the best example in kpop of gradual and organic shift in concepts, while still maintaining their own essence, IMO.

• I mean I give them credit on trying something new for them but they honestly shined with their original vibe/concept and I hope they return back to it.

Holiday party SONG OF THE DECADE.

~ ω

• Complete disappointment - they dropped everything that made their concept fresh and jumped right into a girl crush one without establishing and fully exploring the sound they presented us with first. Didn't feel genuine nor coherent and more like a cash grab.

The song itself is very poorly mixed and arranged too. It's sad because I liked After School and thought they were up to something with it.

It's the mixing for me. Like, the song was never going to be on my playlist, but the mixing...it is just so weird. Idk what the audio engineer was doing. Maybe experimenting? Idk, but the first time I heard it, I thought I had fcked up my earphones.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• It's the mixing for me. Like, the song was never going to be on my playlist, but the mixing...it is just so weird. Idk what the audio engineer was doing. Maybe experimenting? Idk, but the first time I heard it, I thought I had fcked up my earphones.

i think this is one of my main complaints also, the song isn't that bad although it's not something i'd really listen to, but the mixing is awful. what happened and who approved it ?????

idk i kind of lost my interest in weeekly after this comeback because i feel like they're planning on sticking to this concept when i liked them originally for the cute and fresh image they had. i still like the members but :pepe-peek: i can't with this new concept and sound

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• You put it perfectly btw, this is exactly what I think.

And TWICE is the best example in kpop of gradual and organic shift in concepts, while still maintaining their own essence, IMO.

Yep. I feel like they were going to do this at some point as most groups do after a while of doing bright concepts (not all, like Oh My Girl still hasn't changed that much even in their 22-27 age range) change to more mature concepts. I had a feeling this was going to happen to Weeekly but one, I wasn't at all expecting it to be so soon and two, I feel like the immediate change caused a lot of uproar.

They just debuted not too long ago too...it's kind of confusing to fans too and I feel like this method will just end up in people leaving before they could even become a solid stan.

For sure. I love the way Twice changed their concepts. It wasn't sudden, it was kind of built up to and the bridge (Fancy) was a great mix of both. Also, they've been going for multiple years and have been growing strong at it and building their fandom a lot. They've had time so even those that hated the concept change would've never been able to outnumber the fans who were already solid enough to be like "whatever Twice releases, I'll be fine with it."

Weeekly, their transition wasn't good...it wasn't the right time. I don't blame the members, I just blame the company, and whoever decided it would be a good idea to release this after After School which became a hit. Why not build on that success?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!