RE: It's good Gaeun and Chowon didn't make Iz*One

• It's good Gaeun and Chowon didn't make Iz*One - K-Lounge Anons - allkpop forums

Hindsight is 20/20 - one cannot say anything with the benefit of hindsight - who is to say Gaeun or Chowon wouldn't have done as well or better (or not)

the problem is one is comparing the current lineup vs what could have been - the what could have been is uncertain unknown and no one can predict how izone with gaeun or chowon would have turned out...

also rigging ins inherently wrong regardless of what the final outcome turned out to be but then again did the ends justify the means?

also rigging ins inherently wrong regardless of what the final outcome

This is all there is to it

anything beyond it is just blah blah blah idc if my fav made it through rigging

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Saying they wouldn't have fit in IZONE is...a choice. Of course people can't see them in the group because they weren't put in it in the end. Same people would be kissing their asses if they had

people underestimate how much styling plays into making idols fit into their group's concept

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Saying they wouldn't have fit in IZONE is...a choice. Of course people can't see them in the group because they weren't put in it in the end. Same people would be kissing their asses if they had

right because then if one had the non-rigged line up one would never have known two of the current members ever existing in izone

• It basically ended them. No one cares where is Gaeun now. Choown is stuck in a group which will be quietly put into the back burner.

• I would rather survival shows not be public voted. I'd rather they be designed by an intentional team with specific goals and design. I think that approach will breed a better group.

I feel bad for the girls who were cheated and mislead. And think they were wrong to mislead them in that way.

But I am ultimately glad they ended up with the group they did. Even though it was through underhanded means.

I think they ultimately achieved the correct group.

• people underestimate how much styling plays into making idols fit into their group's concept

The whole point of a creative team is to make sure the concepts fits everyone. If OTR could take CLC's sexy and mature La Vie En Rose and reimagine it into something youthful and elegant for IZ, a few tweeks here and there are not that mind boggling.

• That is debatable but we do know that Gauen and CHoown will never amount to anything now because of the rigging.

it's can't be debated because we wouldn't know one way or another right? like how can one debate something that doesn't exist?

hmmm...not sure about that mate Lightsum's current success is not as successful as one would have hoped but one never knows about the future

for gaeun I've not heard anything from her since pd48 days...

It basically ended them. No one cares where is Gaeun now. Choown is stuck in a group which will be quietly put into the back burner.

that I would agree with you no one cares about gaeun and lightsum is pretty nugu

• or do what JYP does and say that it's a combination of the votes and his personal opinions aka twice/sixteen style that way people know that it's not only the votes that matter but also a degree of subjectivity on the part of the production team etc

• what I thought that was never made public?????

you got a source for that?

Officially: no. But it's pretty obvious

Those two were nowhere in the top 12 for most of the show then suddenly shot up 10+ places for the finale. WIZ*ones don't even push back against it.

Them taking Yuri from 18 to 3 was hilarious. They weren't popular in the group and neither are particularly popular now that IZONE is over. Chaewon hauled ass out of Woolim and as far away from Rocket Punch because she knew that'd be the end of her career

However, while I don't like that Kaeun and Chowon were rigged out, Yuri and Chaewon being rigged in were absolutely necessary imo. No offense to the other IZONE members but somebody had to sing and if you leave these kinds of decisions to the public, they're not going to choose the talented one, they're going to choose the pretty and charismatic one *cough* cue Bora getting screwed out of Kep1ar *cough*. Producers have to keep in mind both what the public wants and what the public needs to make a successful group.

I just wish they'd gone about it a different and more honest way, like JYP adding Momo and Tzuyu to Twice

Edit: underestimated Chaewon a bit

• This might be cruel but look at Kep1er right now, the non rigged line up. It might be the perfect answer for this question.

hmmm...do you think they'd be more successful if they had a rigger lineup?

and if so would you still want it if you knew if was rigged to the detriment of the rigged out girls?

• interesting but not proven...

chaewon hauled ass out of woolim because hybe probably gave woolim an offer they couldn't refuse and it was a much better offer than woolim...I don't if hybe didn't make that offer - chaewon would still be locked into the woolim contract no?

absolutely necessary?? interesting take...not to compare the singing proficiencies of the four but do you think Kaeun or chowon can sing?

the second part I would agree with you as i said to eman above that that should've done something similar to JYP and sixteen and allowed the producers the ultimate say as to who debuts etc etc

chaewon hauled ass out of woolim because hybe probably gave woolim an offer they couldn't refuse and it was a much better offer than woolim...I don't if hybe didn't make that offer - chaewon would still be locked into the woolim contract no?

absolutely necessary?? interesting take...not to compare the singing proficiencies of the four but do you think Kaeun or chowon can sing?

the second part I would agree with you as i said to eman above that that should've done something similar to JYP and sixteen and allowed the producers the ultimate say as to who debuts etc etc

It's all speculative but I could honestly see her going the route of some W1 boys and successfully fighting her way out of that contract. That or be stuck there in another Sejeong/Nugudan situation. Nothing Woolim would have done could have helped her considering their track record.

I can't speak much for Chowon but Kaeun was... fine. She could do her parts but there really wasn't much there. Even in After school she clung to the bottom for the most part. IZ*ONE's vocals were carried by 5 members and then there's a dropoff of sub vocals. I could see her bridging the gap between lead and sub vocals. Yuri carried the group's vocals in a pretty heavy way and Chaewon was more on par with Eunbi, the other main vocal. They were definitely needed

• It's all speculative but I could honestly see her going the route of some W1 boys and successfully fighting her way out of that contract. That or be stuck there in another Sejeong/Nugudan situation. Nothing Woolim would have done could have helped her considering their track record.

I can't speak much for Chowon but Kaeun was... fine. She could do her parts but there really wasn't much there. Even in After school she clung to the bottom for the most part. IZ*ONE's vocals were carried by 5 members and then there's a dropoff of sub vocals. I could see her bridging the gap between lead and sub vocals. Yuri carried the group's vocals in a pretty heavy way and Chaewon was more on par with Eunbi, the other main vocal. They were definitely needed

I don't know much about the w1 members - did they get out of their contracts with their existing agencies? how did they manage to do that (paying it out???)

I would agree that I don't think chaewon could have carried rocket punch and that she is in a much better position in LSFM

true in a 12 member group there are certainly members that are going to struggle and obviously the vocalists in izone stood out

personally I think chowon is a good vocalist and she could've carried the singing duties in izone (with the others obviously)

• I don't know much about the w1 members - did they get out of their contracts with their existing agencies? how did they manage to do that (paying it out???)

I would agree that I don't think chaewon could have carried rocket punch and that she is in a much better position in LSFM

true in a 12 member group there are certainly members that are going to struggle and obviously the vocalists in izone stood out

personally I think chowon is a good vocalist and she could've carried the singing duties in izone (with the others obviously)

Agencies had the power to make decisions for their artists without their consent like brand deals or managing contracts with other labels. Daniel, Lai Gaunlin and Samuel iirc were able to terminate their contracts on the argument that it was unfair to them as artists. Daniel in particular got in a lot of hot water for this because he went against an Mnet sub label but they all won their cases in the end

I honestly can't remember much of Chowon😓

• Agencies had the power to make decisions for their artists without their consent like brand deals or managing contracts with other labels. Daniel, Lai Gaunlin and Samuel iirc were able to terminate their contracts on the argument that it was unfair to them as artists. Daniel in particular got in a lot of hot water for this because he went against an Mnet sub label but they all won their cases in the end

I honestly can't remember much of Chowon😓

ahhhh interesting I would really like to see a copy of their contracts (or hell any kpop contract lol)

she's doing ok in lightsum but lightsum isn't really doing ok "success wise" lol

• Officially: no. But it's pretty obvious

Those two were nowhere in the top 12 for most of the show then suddenly shot up 10+ places for the finale. WIZ*ones don't even push back against it.

Them taking Yuri from 18 to 3 was hilarious. They weren't popular in the group and neither are particularly popular now that IZONE is over. Chaewon hauled ass out of Woolim and as far away from Rocket Punch because she knew that'd be the end of her career

Wut? Chaewon and Yuri were both like top 5 most popular members in IZ*One though?

:whatb:

• i am going to be truthful it is is wrong morally to cheat on these two girls, they will never have the career if they joined izone, but musically or long term was izone better because of the scandal maybe, but honestly wish people realised kpop is not fair it is primarily unfair people should except that and most people claim they care but they really do not. and agencies definitely do not care. SO in general is riggining right no, but most people really do not care, fans will support them and can see with success of the girls gp will forget

• Wut? Chaewon and Yuri were both like top 5 most popular members in IZ*One though?

:whatb:

Yeah, i dont get this at all, i dont think OP is very familiar with Izone lol.

Chaewon and Yuri both enjoyed sneaky strong popularity with fans. Yuri is literally in the top 15ish alltime in Gaon Album Sales for female soloists with her debut album and her followup (90k sales each). And Chaewon killing it with LSRFM.

I think Izone popularity list went like this:

Top Tier

Wonyoung

Sakura

Yena

Middle Tier

Minju

Yujin

Chaewon

Yuri

Bottom Tier

Hyewon

Eunbi

Hitomi

Nako

Chaeyeon

• i think yuri and yena are roughly the same level of popularity in izone. yena certainly isn’t on the level of wonyoung and sakura at all

• i think yuri and yena are roughly the same level of popularity in izone. yena certainly isn’t on the level of wonyoung and sakura at all

You're right, everyone thought she was middle of the pack in Izone, even below Yuri. But i dont know where else to put her because she blew up huge with her debut, outselling Yuri by a lot and also charting top 10. 130k sales on Gaon, i think that's more than what anyone except Sakura and Wonyoung and maybe Minju could do from Izone. Maybe we all underestimated her true appeal?

• You're right, everyone thought she was middle of the pack in Izone, even below Yuri. But i dont know where else to put her because she blew up huge with her debut, outselling Yuri by a lot and also charting top 10. 130k sales on Gaon, i think that's more than what anyone except Sakura and Wonyoung and maybe Minju could do from Izone. Maybe we all underestimated her true appeal?

ik yena sold a couple dozen thousand albums more than yuri but 130k vs 90k isn’t a huge huge difference and they’re still within the same ballpark. If she started selling like 300k, which is the minimum of what wonyoung and sakura each would likely sell if they went solo (and they definitely will sell more than that), then maybe we could start having this discussion. until then, i’d put yena in the same tier as yuri, chaewon, yujin, minju. in fact if minju debuted as a solo idol i think she’d sell more than yena

• I still don't understand why people say Chowon wasn't a vocalist. She literally won the vocal competition during the second round with this performance AS A SUBVOCALIST. Plus Eunbi is a better vocalist than Yuri and Chaewon, but ya'll aren't ready for that conversation

• You guys really think that reason Chowon and Gaeun were taking out of the group was because of their talent? Both girls proved during the show that they have what it takes to be in Izone but the reason Mnet took them out was that they didn't belong with the group visually both Chaewon and Yuri have similar visuals with them the group looks cohesive but with Chowon and Gaeun it wouldn't have been the same it's kpop that we're talking about we all know that no matter how talented an idol is their visuals speak first

• I still don't understand why people say Chowon wasn't a vocalist. She literally won the vocal competition during the second round with this performance AS A SUBVOCALIST. Plus Eunbi is a better vocalist than Yuri and Chaewon, but ya'll aren't ready for that conversation

That sent shivers down my spine, very impressive

You guys really think that reason Chowon and Gaeun were taking out of the group was because of their talent? Both girls proved during the show that they have what it takes to be in Izone but the reason Mnet took them out was that they didn't belong with the group visually both Chaewon and Yuri have similar visuals with them the group looks cohesive but with Chowon and Gaeun it wouldn't have been the same it's kpop that we're talking about we all know that no matter how talented an idol is their visuals speak first

But stylists exist? I don't see why kaeun and chowon would be taken out for their visuals, especially when chaeyeon was in the group and she doesn't have similar visuals to the other members.

I love Eunbi just as much as the next fella but better than Yuri? Wut? Yuri is literally the second coming of IU.

• ahhhh interesting I would really like to see a copy of their contracts (or hell any kpop contract lol)

she's doing ok in lightsum but lightsum isn't really doing ok "success wise" lol

Lightsum is dying, and Cube is a company which is quite quick pulling the plug. Their next promotion, if any, is likely to be the final one, as shown in CLC's case.

They could always say, that the show is creating a 9 member group, 7 will be voted by the public, and the producers will pick the final 2 according to what they feel the group needs.

Or something like that, like 2 wild card spots to round up the line up.

• They could always say, that the show is creating a 9 member group, 7 will be voted by the public, and the producers will pick the final 2 according to what they feel the group needs.

Or something like that, like 2 wild card spots to round up the line up.

I can get on board with that - that sounds like a decent comprise between the fan votes and the producers having a say as well

• frankly I don't understand the length people are going here to justify these two girls losing sth they rightfully earned and worked hard for.

Rigging had nothing to do with visuals or talent. It was about which agency greased the PDs palm the most.

Sohye was rigged into ioi. She had no talent and her visuals was not on par with other members. She even had a school violence record. Her parents were running her agency and they were rich. They paid for her spot.

• honestly speaking there could have been a lot more people rigged than we even know because the akb48 team did not participate in the investigation so we don't know if or how many j girls could have been rigged out. i mean, look at the rank from the episode before the finale

FY! PD48 — Produce 48 Episode 11 Rankings

i believe that miho was 100% rigged out and prob miyu too. yujin, minju, yena, yuri, AND chaewon could have all had their votes artificially inflated in the end. ive always leaned towards minju.

anyway chaewon did end up being one of the more popular members of izone unlike that one user would like you to believe.

who's your favorite artist?

• This thread contains 24 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!