how in the heck is Twice at #42 on melon 100?

• individual preferences don't matter especially for K charting

the only preferences that matter are Koreans in Korea...(although there maybe methods of utilising those streaming services outside of korea but I'm not too sure)

• It’s doesn’t have a strong hook that keeps people engaged. I like how people call it generic though…. Like this is fucking Kpop we aren’t breaking much ground here. I would say out of all recent songs only New Jeans didn’t put out pretty basic Kpop music and IvE.

• My not that serious theory is still the best explanation.

The song is a fan song lol the album is between Once and Twice. The lyrics is about Onces.

The gp is not listening to it because who wants to listen to a song that is talking about how much they love Onces and all the inside fandom reference in the lyrics.

It's like going to a party that is celebrating the relation of two people that's not yourself... like a wedding, people hate weddings besides the wedding party and family. :pepe-big-brain:

• I'm always anxious about the stats when they don't do well, but in the end I like the song, so it is fine. It's just a bit sad for me because I did thought that Talk That Talk fitted Korean taste.

And by that I meant they should have let Queen Of Hearts as the title track since QOH won't touch the Korean market but will definitely succeed in the international market.

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

• I'm always anxious about the stats when they don't do well, but in the end I like the song, so it is fine. It's just a bit sad for me because I did thought that Talk That Talk fitted Korean taste.

And by that I meant they should have let Queen Of Hearts as the title track since QOH won't touch the Korean market but will definitely succeed in the international market.

I think Twice also knew it might not click with everyone.

On their live showcase for this comeback, they mentioned that they'll be happy as long as Onces like it.

EDIT: This was also before everyone knew it didn't chart well.

• I think Twice also knew it might not click with everyone.

On their live showcase for this comeback, they mentioned that they'll be happy as long as Onces like it.

Both have Collapsedone in it but for me I do think that I prefer The Feels more, but Talk That Talk is quite nice as well, as a song for ONCEs I think it is really good. Queen Of Hearts lyrics also feel like they are connecting with ONCEs. I feel like this comeback as a whole is wholesome, energetic, and fun, because I skipped all of the bad comments on Facebook that I usually see.

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

• Both have Collapsedone in it but for me I do think that I prefer The Feels more, but Talk That Talk is quite nice as well, as a song for ONCEs I think it is really good. Queen Of Hearts lyrics also feel like they are connecting with ONCEs. I feel like this comeback as a whole is wholesome, energetic, and fun, because I skipped all of the bad comments on Facebook that I usually see.

The song is actually really good. A lot of people, especially in the fandom seemed to have liked it.

I have a feeling if TTT had charted well, everyone woulda been like oh this song is so good! Kpop is just odd like that sometimes.

But I do think QoH would had been a very interesting title track choice, I almost wish I lived in an alternative universe where they chose QoH instead and see how it charts.

They knew QoH is good, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered making a live clip video of it.

• That idea doesn't hold water because Forever 1 is the same type of song but with very different results. Forever 1 is very blanatly a song to Sones: It reuses lyrics and melody from ITNW, the girls saying before release it's mainly targeted for Sone, lyrically one interpretion is it's a song to fans reassuring they be always be around/together and so on.

Yet at release it did well debuting in the 20s and extremely well after promos started staying top 5 for weeks. The public clearly really likes despite being a primarily fan oriented song.

• That idea doesn't hold water because Forever 1 is the same type of song but with very different results. Forever 1 is very blanatly a song to Sones: It reuses lyrics and melody from ITNW, the girls saying before release it's mainly targeted for Sone, lyrically one interpretion is it's a song to fans reassuring they be always be around/together and so on.

Yet at release it did well for an old gg and extremely well after promos started. The public clearly really likes despite being a primarily fan oriented song.

I said not so serious theory lol I heard the idea and entertained it.

• The song is actually really good. A lot of people, especially in the fandom seemed to have liked it.

I have a feeling if TTT had charted well, everyone woulda been like oh this song is so good! Kpop is just odd like that sometimes.

But I do think QoH would had been a very interesting title track choice, I almost wish I lived in an alternative universe where they chose QoH instead and see how it charts.

They knew QoH is good, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered making a live clip video of it.

💯 I think QOH 100% can be the title, like how did they put Scientist as the title and put the actual great songs as B-sides :((((((

• The song is actually really good. A lot of people, especially in the fandom seemed to have liked it.

I don't think Koreans would respond to a title track that's entirely in English.

• have a feeling if TTT had charted well, everyone woulda been like oh this song is so good! Kpop is just odd like that sometimes

But it's well liked internationally. It doing 1.4-1.5M streams on Spotify. Which is surprising given scientist a similar type of song absolutely flopped on Spotify but this one is getting much better response. Maybe the feels impacted scientist performance on Spotify.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• But it's well liked internationally. It doing 1.4-1.5M streams on Spotify. Which is surprising given scientist a similar type of song absolutely flopped on Spotify but this one is getting much better response. Maybe the feels impacted scientist performance on Spotify.

Interesting, I didn't know it that well internationally but I've been feeling JYP has been shifting attention away domestically.

TTT is a more likeable song than Scientist IMO. I remember when Scientist was out, most of the fandom didn't like it that much but with TTT, I'm seeing pretty positive feedback so I have to admit I'm surprised by the difference in it's Korean charting in relation to it's Spotify numbers. It makes me wonder if the issue is the song itself or just a change in fans domestically.

For example, the recent Genie gender ratio stats (not really the best indicative measure tho) has shifted to a much greater female fan base than male which I think is a result of male fans jumping ship to newer younger groups. Twice use to have a male to female ratio of 60:40 or 50:50 depending on which poll. Again a different poll could show very different results but I'm just working with the most recent data.

As to Scientist vs TTT, to me TTT is a much different song than Scientist in terms of style and sound.

TTT feels like a more happy upbeat song to be. Feels that way at least, I actually checked the BPM and TTT is 117 BPM vs 112 on Scientist which is not significant.

TTT is also sang at a higher pitch than Scientist, especially the chorus.

What is worst is Scientsit ends with a dance break abruptly, that was the worst part to me.

• As to Scientist vs TTT, to me TTT is a much different song than Scientist in terms of style and sound.

I think what I meant similar is that they are both on the mellower and boring side for me.

But u aren't wrong about the fact that twice international fandom prefers TTT way more than Scientist. Also like I mentioned The Feels most probably impacted it as it's a song most preferred over scientist and streamed that.

It would actually be interesting to see how twice would chart in Korea with a song like similar to feels (in korean obviously) with promotions atm. Because POP did well for nayeon everywhere. So maybe a more upbeat song will chart better in Korea and will do streaming numbers too.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• This thread contains 17 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!