seeing beautiful monster's chart performance, i think newjeans might crowd stayc out. the 4th gen gg hierarchy should expect major changes

• i love stayc and have always thought their music and concept is top notch. surprisingly, their follow up to their biggest hit, run2u, is getting an underwhelming response. music trends in korea have become extremely hard to read as things that would hit on any other day, sometime fall short of the expected performance. i think ive and stayc have similar niches but ive's well known member advantage and hitting a sweet spot with their songs placed them miles ahead of stayc. and now, newjeans is entering the same niche. newjeans responses are already extremely good and its a similar story as ive and stayc, with all members being heavily praised for their visuals.

i am worried for stayc and hope they can regain momentum. i would be perfectly fine with "highteen" groups crowding out the girl crush concept completely. itzy especially seems to be struggling on the charting side of things.

• Stayc’s biggest hit in korea is probably asap, not run2u. Asap had much longer longevity and created buzz about a new gg rising so it made headlines, while run2u is a regular decent charting song but ultimately wasn’t really memorable for the stayc brand

• Stayc’s biggest hit in korea is probably asap, not run2u. Asap had much longer longevity and created buzz about a new gg rising so it made headlines, while run2u is a regular decent charting song but ultimately wasn’t really memorable for the stayc brand

i chose run2u because it is their highest chart peak. i do agree asap was prob bigger in influence. but really i'm trying to say beautiful monsters charting is shocking to me. unless it picks up steam after some more promo.

• i chose run2u because it is their highest chart peak. i do agree asap was prob bigger in influence. but really i'm trying to say beautiful monsters charting is shocking to me. unless it picks up steam after some more promo.

Yeah ik run2u peaked higher than asap but the difference was really negligible and not significant enough to pull ahead of asap in terms of charting, and asap stayed on charts for much longer anyway

as for beautiful monster it’s not a terrible song but it has no oomph and lacks that distinct upbeat stayc flair so I actually already predicted it wouldn’t do well on charts as soon as the teaser dropped, so personally it wasn’t really shocking to me to see how it’s charting now :sweatr:

• When New jeans will bag a hit and sell albums your concern will be valid. You’re really making no sense. Stayc will be fine.

i never said stayc won't be fine? the point of this is whether or not stayc's standing in 4th gen gg hierarchy will be the same. it has happened before where groups get left behind in an instant for the next new group with the same concept. i don't think stayc will suddenly flop. i just think their footing isn't as strong and i hope they can stay in the ranks and grow more. all groups hit a plateau somewhere. its just about how soon.

• I've been worried about them since last fall. They got their legs rudely cut out from under them, NL stole all their thunder from ASAP. Savage defeated Stereotype, then Eleven topped Run2U, and then a 1-2 devastating combo of Tomboy and Love Dive and even a sneaky little left jab by Lesserafirm with Fearless....

Beautiful Monster is a good song but it's getting paid dust now, these promos need to get the GP listening to it, otherwise the song could be out of Melon soon.

We'll see how Newbeans develops but if the girls come off as charismatic in Vlives, varieties, interviews, etc as they do in the music videos, i think they're an existential threat to all of the 4th gen groups. From just pure first impressions, i think MJH really nailed it with the casting of the members.

ETA: their song sounds even better with a band, as all Kpop songs do. NO WAY it should be flopping.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yeah ik run2u peaked higher than asap but the difference was really negligible and not significant enough to pull ahead of asap in terms of charting, and asap stayed on charts for much longer anyway

as for beautiful monster it’s not a terrible song but it has no oomph and lacks that distinct upbeat stayc flair so I actually already predicted it wouldn’t do well on charts as soon as the teaser dropped, so personally it wasn’t really shocking to me to see how it’s charting now :sweatr:

top groups can release songs that are "not their best" and still chart similarly as usual. i think beautiful moster is very similar to other on trend songs that have done well recently. but i guess people just don't want that type of thing from stayc.

This thread, my eyes have rolled 360... :leaving-bee:

but you still commented :/

• BEP were able to produce many hit songs for other agencies, but they keep doing lackluster title tracks for their own group. I don't get it. It always misses something to me... maybe I'm just not their target audience.

But anyway, ggs can be successful and coexist in different metrics, even when they aren't topping domestic charts. Stayc will be fine ig.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• non big 3/big 4 groups like g-idle and ive are both doing well nowadays so there's definitely a chance that stayc will be able to maintain their position

Just like nmixx haven't charted very well till now in korea, same could be the case with the new gg

So lets wait and see

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• obviously its going to be difficult to match the new gg's sales for stayc but korean charting wise, i think there's no clear winner yet

External Content twitter.com

• BEP were able to produce many hit songs for other agencies, but they keep doing lackluster title tracks for their own group. I don't get it. It always misses something to me... maybe I'm just not their target audience.

But anyway, ggs can be successful and coexist in different metrics, even when they aren't topping domestic charts. Stayc will be fine ig.

You didnt like Beautiful Monster? What about their debut, So Bad?

• Stayc's producers talked about moving away from teen concept this album and I believe they will continue to do so and evolve Stayc's sound. So I do believe we will getting some new material which should stop them from competition with New Jeans. However kpop is an unpredictable market so anything could happen, I sincerely doubt they'd be out the running so fast. IMO they have cemented themselves within the 4th gen GG roster.

• this is probably true, just like how everglow,weeekly and loona were kicked out from the list by ive & lsfrm. both itzy and stayc struggling on chart but itzy have solid international fanbase and also massive album sales so...

Stayc isnt like these groups tho. They have two moderate korean hits and decent streams internationally as well and good album sales. Their last album sold almost 250k and their fandom keeps increasing. The other groups lacked in at least 1 of the things i mentioned, if not multiple

• Stayc isnt like these groups tho. They have two moderate korean hits and decent streams internationally as well and good album sales. Their last album sold almost 250k and their fandom keeps increasing. The other groups lacked in at least 1 of the things i mentioned, if not multiple

but it has happened to groups in staycs ranks in the past. gfriend, aoa. these groups had huge peaks and then its suddenly all gone. whether we want to attribute it to other groups rising faster or management issues, something goes wrong. many ggs do not have longevity like bgs like super junior or even bts.

• this is probably true, just like how everglow,weeekly and loona were kicked out from the list by ive & lsfrm. both itzy and stayc struggling on chart but itzy have solid international fanbase and also massive album sales so...

But the thing is... StayC has good sales. Their comeback earlier this year was almost at 250k and this one they just released is already almost to 150k in less than a week. Even if selling 500k is the new normal for girl groups, it's not like they're flopping.

• When will kpop fans stop to jinx new groups that didn't even debut to begin with?

They can't wait for at least two comebacks before saying if they are more popular than another group smh

the future will always be a valid topic of conversation whether someone is using exaggerated predictions to troll, or if someone is just trying to have a conversation (like me). all i can say is lesserafim was not jinxed by any predictions about them.

• but it has happened to groups in staycs ranks in the past. gfriend, aoa. these groups had huge peaks and then its suddenly all gone. whether we want to attribute it to other groups rising faster or management issues, something goes wrong. many ggs do not have longevity like bgs like super junior or even bts.

How can anyone know? lol

Same thing was said abt idle and then suddenly they dropped tomboy and rest is history :pepe-shrug:

The only thing that is factual right now is that they have a steadily increasing fandom but not much of a presence in the gp's publics eye as it depends on their songs and promos to get a hit and for them to rise since they lack the brand name. And that can go whichever way. I also dont see how newjeans is in any way shape or form competition for stayc, i see nothing similar in their whole style and since they havent released any songs digitally or an album yet its impossible and unfair to compare.

• How can anyone know? lol

Same thing was said abt idle and then suddenly they dropped tomboy and rest is history :pepe-shrug:

The only thing that is factual right now is that they have a steadily increasing fandom but not much of a presence in the gp's publics eye as it depends on their songs and promos to get a hit and for them to rise since they lack the brand name. And that can go whichever way. I also dont see how newjeans is in any way shape or form competition for stayc, i see nothing similar in their whole style and since they havent released any songs digitally or an album yet its impossible and unfair to compare.

its called...speculation lol.

also, both stayc and newjeans are considered highteen. i suspect some of newjeans' other mvs will give a more "stayc" vibe based on this styling

• This thread contains 14 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!