Posts by chartslover

Seeing things every where is just promo either paid by fans or by company. I feel “people” don’t care about kpop the way they used to including GG’s.

Let’s agree to disagree I guess. Lol.

I think gee will continue to be named the “biggest” kpop hit even 10 year from now.

but the thing is that is not true. The top 5 of mel0n is all kpop songs right now. People say what you are saying because they are nostalgic. Yes, they're was maybe a dip in 2021 attribuable to covid but now it's back and it's very strong.

This hybe domination across all platforms is something I've never seen before. Seems like all that money spent on promotion was worthile.

JYP is in a very bad state right now. Their groups are bleeding listeners. Once the album boom goes away (and it already is) they're going to need some serious creativity to try and gain back their lost momentum which has been frefalling since 2019.

One thing that suprises me is BTS's solos performances. It seems like there never was a solo hit from them in Korea (unless I am missing one, do tell me if I am wrong). It seems weird, given that 3/4 of the BP solos were hits in korea and even Nayeon's was a hit too. Any reason why? Only one that comes to mind is Dreamers by Jungkook, which charted decently.

Honestly that ETA thing would be extremely random, weird and just generally completely unappropriate IMO.

Why is a south korean girl group using a spanish terrorist group as an aesthetic is so weird for me that I refuse to believe it is actually about that until it's confirmed.

If it is in fact about terrorism, then MHJ needs to be arrested or placed under surveillance idk but its just extremely weird and like so random. Like what would she even be trying to achieve by using that aesthetic.

Right now i chose to think this is just some weird theory made by jobless kpop stans who are bored during summer, simply becauce this is just too crazy for me

It's weird how bts can't really get any hits as solo even though they're one of the biggest acts in korea

Suga had 2 hits, but they were collabs with IU and PSY so not a solo, and his own solo stuff kinda flopped too (Daechwita)

In fact, most of the popular group members going solo flop.

For 3rd gen, the only one I can think off who got hits are Jennie, Hwasa and then Nayeon, Rose who also had hits but smaller

Second Day on the daily chart is out. That is shocking. I don't recall even Scientist falling out that fast.

yup, and its doing terrible on spotify because they split the streams between the eng ver and the kr one

the fans are streaming the kr one but the label is putting the eng one in playlist, so the streams are essentially split in two

I feel like we dont talk enough about how badly jype artists are managed and how bad they're marketing strategies are...

they can rely on big fandoms to sell albums but the marketing is terrible, all the other big companies are miles ahead of jyp on this point, feels like they dont know what theyre doing at all

I'm surprised Red Velvet, MAMAMOO and BLACKPINK are so close to each other

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

who is gaining more streams daily between twice and davichi? they're really close

Yeah twice have pretty much been performing worse and worse by every comeback starting with Feel Special

I think changing the way they work as a group was a good choice,

Nayeon's solo was a hit in Korea (30weeks on gaon, top 2 on every chart cuz it was blocked by LD) so the Twice brand is not completely dead, I think people are just not anticipating their releases. If they go viral they could get a hit but that's it.

Im curious on how the MISAMO subunit will perform. Only examples of sub units i have in my head is seulrene which was an ok hit both in south korea and worlwide. Idk if it'll be big in Japan

Pop in the mid fifties at week 22, looking like maybe around 30 weeks longevity.

Thats better than any twice song since fancy

With Nayeon winning best female artist, I think i'd be interesting to see her get a comeback

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.