Posts by chartslover

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

really similar to pop! once again i think pop was like 62 on 24 hits but uls were a bit lower back then like around 100k

It was expected that their perfomance in the first 24 hours is not the same as IVE, BP or NJ. Every JYPE song peaks after 2 weeks, look at Sneakers, POP, AF, ICSM, When we disco...

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So this is a bit better than pop! and much better than scienitst

POP! was 81st but with 13k listeners, so TTT woudlve debuted higher back then

Meanwhile scientist didnt debut until 4 hours i think

Nah scientist was their only real flop i dont even think it reached top 25 i think you're mixing up with AF which did reach top 10.

mmm choreo would be the last thing I would blame for that, they still had all point dances, they were ignored bc the group overall was ignored

Idk what point dances you're talking about cause post Fancy they havent had any famous choreography that are catchy

Only one that comes to mind is the drink part in AF but even that wasnt that catchy tbh... choreo played a huge part in their hits like whenever koreans on variety show or wtv talk about twice they're always doing the TT pose, the shy shy shy move or the likey choreo. It was something memorable and definetly brought them popualrity

Also when people discuss the decline of twice's charting, a lot of people blame it on over exposure or the concept change but a lot of people forget how popular their choreos used to be.

IMO the change from point dance to much harder dancing was a direct punch to the charting cause who the hell is dancing to M&M or ICSM for fun. Signal, TT, Cheer Up, DTNA, YOY,WIL etc. all had memorable point choreography moments and that was something people were excited for.

Twice teaser trending at #7 on sk youtube, i just checked and Nayeon's first teaser peaked at #8 so the hype is similar im guessing, but right now ive and bp are occupying the top spots so maybe it's harder to trend higher than them idk

Nayeon's second teaser was #3, lets see how the second one for twice does

Idk how scientist was trending in sk yt but i've definetly heard from a lot of onces that they were relatively no promos at all in south korea

Right now they are appearing on tons of various shows, Dahyun went to the baseball game and that cooking show, she's attending a radio broadcast tonight and Jeongyeon and Jihyo are apparently on HK coin on the 25th. All of that is before the comeback and i dont remember them doing promo before comebacks in recent years tbh.

Mina and Tzuyu are also attending a naver show on the 30th, however Jihyo has caught covid so i fear this may cut their promotions... :(

Nayeon's solo was really successful everywhere... I wonder if she'll ever get a comeback or if this was a one time thing

Depends on your demography. If your audience is older then TV

If you have a younger demographic, im thinking groups that are very high on yt korea despite not being as high on the main charts (ive, aespa etc.) then yt show is more efficient

Seems like Twice is aiming for korean promotions this time, Dahyun is attendiing a radio broadcast, a cooking show and baseball game by herself before the comeback, and I think there's already a show twice is confirmed to attend (forgot abt it).

Idk if that will help them chart better, but i hope so.

Still feels so weird to release friday if they're aiming for sk promotions... but its jyp

No teasers etc. But the group from MJH was very much anticipated.

In fact her joining Hybe from SM, was considered an impressive coup by Hybe.

In a way more than any group in recent history, NJ is highly associated with its producer.

It is MJH who was much heralded, even more the group members don',t have as much a distinct pull as their maker, but that will rapidly change.

TBH you guys are overestimating the average kpop fans

i had no clue who MJH was before the allegations against her and if it werent for them i wouldnt even know who she is

Jennie was literally in video clips with g dragon, the king of kpop back then, dont even try to tell me they had less anticipation than NJ lol

And NewJeans similarly had that kind of hype surrounding them predebut. Dont forget this group is coming from HYBE label ie a big4 and is the min heejin group that many have been anticipating. I think they are on equal ground except that 2 of Bp members had featured on bigbang solo songs before but those are not promoted tracks nor the popular ones. Blackpink was anticipated because they are the 2nd GG from YG after the successful 2NE1 (and their disbandment).

Newjeans already had certain level of hype surrounding them cause everyone has been curious what Min heejin gonna debut after leaving SM and joining hybe + establish ADOR. Im not discounting the fact they come from hybe + amid BTS hiatus. They clearly have some support from HYBE stans similar to BP had the YG stans

Tbh, i had never heard of new jeans before they blew up after their debut, did they even have teasers for their debut?

IMO BP was way more anticipated, not even comparable