Posts by chartslover

I mean early in 2021 IU had her full album smash and that made the charts alive

Then we had brave girls coming out of nowhere and smashing which was also exciting

we also had the competition between butter, next level and happen for #1, heize rising on rainy days and aespa slowly overcoming BTS

Lee Mujin coming with an unpected hit and Bieber with one big and two ok songs

This year we saw Lee Mujin and Heize flop vs last year, they couldve shook up the charts

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Don't think WSG makes much of a difference.

If Girls at it's current UL's had released almost anytime previous to when it did, until say mid March, it wouldn't have made top 10.

They've had really fortunate timing, in a way, to claim top 10 with the UL's they had. Of course it may rise and make top 10 or further with stronger UL's, but the charts are actually still fairly weak all things considered (even with WSG).

Yea without WSG they wouldve been 10 so its not groundbreaking but its a solid debut, have they start the promotions already? Its been almost a week...

I agree trash

The song is not trash its catchy but its definetly not a good example to use lol

kpop rap is just a silly little thing that's been going on and even though it doesnt feel like american rap for example I like it because it changes the tempo for a while as kpop songs can be quite repetitive

There's some raps that i actually love, like the one in Likey, I think it does a very good job at building momentum for the dance break

fair enough but dismissing rap in kpop is just stupid, look at money by Lisa

Really?

Dollar bills dollar dropping on my ass tonight Lisa?

Money is catchy and had it's moment but we're still very far from true rap, especially looking at the lyrics but just with the flow too, shes not rapping that quickly

Hmm that could be true, but wouldn't that make sense for songs that were just released or within the first few days after release? These songs have all had about at least a week since they were released and they are all suddenly rising at the same time. Like I could understand if it was just one song because it's suddenly gaining attention, but it's just interesting to see five different songs all rise that much.

It could also be due to trot and bg songs rising on weekends cause of ULs drop and then falling back on Monday when ULs rise back

Top 10 is certainly more competitive with 3 new entries, Pop! that is still rising and Love Dive which is still holding strong

Come on.. charts-love should be secondary to music-love.

If the song is good, it should not matter where it comes from. After all SMTM pretty much takes up a month of so, every year now, so why not YJS projects.

I am glad that talents like Jinjoo are getting an opportunity, which Kpop agencies don't provide them.

im not mad and im glad that jinjoo is getting that oppurtinity, im just stating a fact.

I havent even listened to these WSG songs but im sure they're good

I hate these musty temp groups with a burning passion. I STILL remember how they fucked with HYLT's glorious charting two years ago.

Now they're cheating Ive and Nayeon out of the top spot and jeopardizing Ive and Idle's run on the Top 10 Melon Weekly Chart. I wanted to see how far Tomboy and Love Dive would go in challenging the Next Level/Dynamite records for the most weeks in Melon Top 10 Weekly Chart.

Nayeon wouldve hit #1 on both genie and melon this morning if it werent for their songs

well it looks like nayeon bagged a hit; shes n.2 uls based which means that she would've been #2 on daily chart if it werent for wsg wannabe coming out of nowhere

its a pity they stopped the promotions so quickly cause imo she could've gone #1 since Aespa is not smashing straight out of the park

For me which absolutely loved Savage and NL, Girls is a big let down and i think its a reason why its underperfoming