Posts by chartslover

I don't know what you imply by that profanity. So will let it be.

And you don't know how this data was collated, it is not about the greatest hit of the year, but weighted consumption.

your graph is still flawed and I clearly remember a lot of people dissagreeing with you

most consumed is an unclear term

how do you define consumption? 1 listen per person per day?

Because for exemple, EXO being the most consumed in 2016 is clearly flawed by the numbers of their fans

They were more consumed by raw number, but overall, its easily arguable that other artists like Twice had a way bigger reach and more individual listeners.

Like I said, it is flawed. Take BTS for example, they had a smaller consumption in 2019 because they only had one extented play even though it spawned their second biggest hit (or third), compared to 2018 where they released a full album that spawned smaller hits but had more bsides which were heavily consumed by their fans only.

I'd argue that gaon digital points are way more representative of consumption

I don't know the context of your comment. But it is only natural for the "digital" thread to be dominated by the digimons of K-pop, IU & BTS. I (with other's help) did some analysis of the digital charts. Here is a picture of the results - top 5 of GGs, BGs and non-Groups.

From 2017 on, barring Paul Kim in 2019 - nobody even comes to half of IU & BTS dominant presence on the Gaon digital top #100. Particularly BTS, because IU as is her wont, tends to ramp down from music after a big year.

While GGs do better than BGs on an average, when it comes to dominating the digitals, it has been either BTS or IU in the past 5-6 years. Of course IU has peaks earlier as well - 2011, 2014.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

My comment wasn't mean to say they werent digimons, I just wanted to point out how it was hypocrite to say there was dicksucking cause of maybe 4 posts but that when its about his faves it wasnt, you just proved my point by showing me a whole diagram or whatever.

Of couse IU and BTS are the biggest but that still allows us to talk about other artists

Also your diagram is kinda flawed and advantages artist with bigger fandom supports or albums that have more b sides

BTS wasnt bigger digitally in 2018 than in 2019, and Twice wasnt bigger in 2018 than they were in 2016

Other than their recent comebacks, i dont think KTL outperfomed any Twice songs.

Maybe Signal

KTL is an extremely bad example. CMIIW, It was the best performing GG song the year it released. It also outdid most of Twice's title tracks bar a few. STAY would be a more appropriate example.

Boombayah was released alongside Whistle on debut. I dont think any new group on debut can slay double title as much Blackpink did - i believe Winner kinda too.

Dalla Dalla, Hip, Psycho and Fancy all perfomed better than Kill this love...

I dunno why y'all stans bring this stupidity to this thread.

This guy's been known for his fuck shit, why're y'all engaging

Take this dicksucking somewhere else. It's the digitals thread.

We're talking about charts arent we tho? Yall had a 2 page discussion BTS sales but that didnt bother anyone

Idk why gg stans are getting jumped for dicksucking when 75% of this thread is about praising IU or BTS...

Lol all of twice combined is tanking on charts from past two years what gonna nayeon do alone

Twice flop songs like alcohol free literally outdid every song gidle put out before tomboy so dont get too brave lol

Twice have been around for 7 years, they're established and they dont have the hype they used to have

Nayeon is just debuting and as the face of the NGG (thats disputed i know) she does have a good following and with the right song and promo she could suprise us with a hit

ehh its just knetz being knetz, that has little to do with her performance. it's actually good that they are talking about it instead of ignoring it (***itzy***)

2 videos she has drop so far had trend top 10-20 in yt korea so they are paying attention but what she got against her its the time of release, like jyp give her that wack ass western time release that doesn't help her bc her solo HAS to be mainly focus on korea

Yea i meant that in a good way, like we saw with Lesserafim bad promo is still promo

i dont think the time of release is such a bummer, Nayeon's not popular enough to have tons of people waiting for the exact hour of release

I remember everybody going nuts on LSG's time release during the holiday but it still smashed directly regardless

She did hint that she was going on variety shows. Personally, i hope she'll go to IU's palette cause i love her but i feel like she'll go to Amazing Saturday

Nayeon is gonna need promotions if she wants a hit

However, they're has been a lot of popular post about her on various forums like Pann or Theqoo so she's still kind of a hot topic

Also this is only a concept trailer so these always get less attention as a whole, she's top 15 trending in SK right now