Why do people hate Giselle so much?

• I've noticed on tiktok some people despise Giselle so much. Why do they feel the need to hate on her so much? From the nasty rumours that were spread about her at debut/ saying how is she in the group/ her family got her into the group to just plain hatred online like ? Leave her alone ...

And I understand she said the N word and should recieve backlash/educated but I don't think this accounts for all the hate she gets.

Just wish those nasty bullies would go away :(

• honest truth is that she doesn't fit their visual standards so they latch on to anything else to hate her

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Plenty of idols (including my own faves) have done problematic things in the past. Everyone either ignores it or holds them accountable. With Giselle, that doesn't appear to be the case for some reason. Is it because she's a woman? Or as Lulu_Key suggested, because she doesn't fit people's visual standards? I honestly don't know.

• "she mocked desis and said the nword" thats what her antis say but i dont think thats the only reason. giselle, since debut has been the least popular member and not liked (i mean, everyone in aespa is disliked by non fans besides like ningning). and even when she did skrrt skrrt say the nword i didnt see, heesung for example, get as much backlash as her. i saw people defend heesung like crazy but for giselle people became ot3 autmatically. maybe its cause she said it so obviously. like i 100% understand if your ot3 and pay no mind to giselle, but some take it too far. i especially side eye kpop stans who hates on giselle and then stans someone who did blackface for example, especially the yt ones. like stan who you want to stan, but its ODDLY suspicious that you hate giselle with your whole heart, and then go around and be a once, stay, blink, army etc. ive seen a lot of people call her a nepotism baby and ugly so i think that plays a part in the hate.

black kpop stans have the choice to forgive her apology or not (heavy opinion on BLACK!!) but i think actively hating on her is kinda loser-ish. maybe its just ME, but when i anti someone, i just avoid them, and if i see them, i pay no attention to them. i feel like kpop stans need to start doing that cause they make hating an idol their whole personality.

• Just wish those nasty bullies would go away :(

I am indifferent to her tbh. The bullies won't go away, better to ignore them and promote your faves instead.

• Too many cultural faux pas

I don’t think she can recover lol. Even if you’re not woke you should pretend to be woke.

you can't make someone change their mind tbh, so the conversation just will never reach a resolution imo.

• She's problematic, but even before that people were jumping on the hate train for her. Her looks, her abilities, her training time, etc. I feel like there are a lot of people who set her up to be dragged too. Like I know her fans set her up to be dragged a couple of months ago when NCT performed Zoo on their own on their show.

:taeyong-eating:

• Honestly, I didn’t even like her before she was revealed to be problematic.

I don’t know if you guys know the feeling of looking at someone and instantly disliking them? That’s how I felt when I watched BM the first time.

And I always had the desire to skip her parts because she bored me so much. I think she just has less charisma than the rest of her members

• because they are dumb and dislike talented, likeable people

and hate on people just because they doesn't fit in their dumb standard of beauty

btw the whole she said the n word excuse is dumb because she took responsability for this and apologize meanwhile i saw male idol who didn't just lipsync to the nword but sing the n word and never take responsability for it or apologize because of this receive much less hate

People hate giselle because they hate people who are prettier than them, more talented than them and even more if they are a woman

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• Plenty of idols (including my own faves) have done problematic things in the past. Everyone either ignores it or holds them accountable. With Giselle, that doesn't appear to be the case for some reason. Is it because she's a woman? Or as Lulu_Key suggested, because she doesn't fit people's visual standards? I honestly don't know.

I'm black and I've heard other black ppl mention that while most idols' cases of dropping slurs stem from a place of ignorance/unawareness, Giselle schooled internationally, knows English fluently, and met black people in the flesh so her case may be more severe.

Yes she was wrong. But she has apologized and there's not much more she can do so...

• I'm black and I've heard other black ppl mention that while most idols' cases of dropping slurs stem from a place of ignorance/unawareness, Giselle schooled internationally, knows English fluently, and met black people in the flesh so her case may be more severe.

Yes she was wrong. But she has apologized and there's not much more she can do so...

Ah I didn't know about Giselle's background. Now I can understand why people are a bit more unforgiving of her. But yeah, I don't see how hating her relentlessly will help anyone...

• I always like all 4 of them since predebut, I was a big Giselle stan in the Next Level era then the N word scandal happened and I stopped stanning her, then the mocking of Hindi Culture I fully disliked her. I mean I don't despise her but I'm not gonna support a person like that when there are hundred of other idols out there.

• everyone is free to like or dislike or love or hate any other person for any reason...

but you have to remember - the silent majority is often drowned out by the vocal minority...if one is getting all their information from social media then it's going to be the minority that is loudest whereas the people that enjoy Aespa and Giselle do it peacefully and quietly without making a fuss

• I've noticed on tiktok some people despise Giselle so much. Why do they feel the need to hate on her so much? From the nasty rumours that were spread about her at debut/ saying how is she in the group/ her family got her into the group to just plain hatred online like ? Leave her alone ...

And I understand she said the N word and should recieve backlash/educated but I don't think this accounts for all the hate she gets.

Just wish those nasty bullies would go away :(

I think people have touched on it - the cultural insensitivity, her appearance - and I think SM sure does her a lot of disservices that don’t help it. She had solid raps in her teaser trailer but we haven’t seen that since, so expectations were high and people felt let down.

She’s not a strong dancer but they put her with some of the stronger dancers in NCT (all mains and leads to boot) and two of the best rappers. That’s not going to help impressions of her (I thought she did fine, FWIW, but not the best showcase at all for her ability.) Like why not put her as the rapper on a vocally driven song, which would let her rap shine, and allow her to appear stronger as a dancer?

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!