Aespa 16 million views but not even 850k Spotify streams. Ads?

• I'm not a huge fan of the song because it's slow so personally if I'm gonna listen to it I'd rather watch the MV. :pepe-shrug:

• I like the MV since its cute but the song doesnt have replay value

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Arent these good numbers tho? most 4th gen groups(the best selling girl groups at least) debut in around that number in spotify, no?

illusion debuted with more streams I think over 850k despite being a surprise release and no promo. LTS is an English song with more playlisting it’s aiming to do big numbers on Spotify.

And most top girl groups debuts with over 1M streams, not charting but they do over these numbers.

• illusion debuted with more streams I think over 850k despite being a surprise release and no promo. LTS is an English song with more playlisting it’s aiming to do big numbers on Spotify.

And most top girl groups debuts with over 1M streams, not charting but they do over these numbers.

Idk but besides itzy the rest of the 4th generation girl groups that i follow usually range in the 850k :pepe-shrug: then they usually increase on the 2nd day..but i understand. I do agree it doesnt have much replay value even tho its a cute song and illusion is much catchier tho.

• Idk but besides itzy the rest of the 4th generation girl groups that i follow usually range in the 850k :pepe-shrug: then they usually increase on the 2nd day..but i understand. I do agree it doesnt have much replay value even tho its a cute song and illusion is much catchier tho.

If i am not wrong that increase happens mainly because the songs are released at 6pm kst. So it's not full day tracking. Life's too short actually did get full day tracking as it's a 12 am EST release.

★¸.•☆•.¸★ 𝐉𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐎 ★⡀.•☆•.★

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv 38f275b68632fbb8a30ab7a0fce5512059a80556.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv61eb8841d60cd80c1298efc34ab05d6279af9b9a.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv4d43f06e62bc91bae199a1e0752740ea19fda0f9.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• Idk but besides itzy the rest of the 4th generation girl groups that i follow usually range in the 850k :pepe-shrug: then they usually increase on the 2nd day..but i understand. I do agree it doesnt have much replay value even tho its a cute song and illusion is much catchier tho.

They increase on the second day because of the time they release the songs catering to the Korean market instead of Spotify. A lot of tracking hours are lost on day1 while day2 gets a full 24hrs of tracking. Aespa released lts at a time when they'd have more spotify tracking time actually.

That aside I wonder why sm and their us label decided this was the song which would get full us promo with radio play and playlisting. It's not a very memorable replayable song.

• Beside Itzy other 4th gen groups have no Friday releases which means the tracking period is half a day. Dropping at 00:00 EST on Friday gives you a full day tracking.

If i am not wrong that increase happens mainly because the songs are released at 6pm kst. So it's not full day tracking. Life's too short actually did get full day tracking as it's a 12 am EST release.

Gotcha..then they're just low :pepe-life-support:

• They increase on the second day because of the time they release the songs catering to the Korean market instead of Spotify. A lot of tracking hours are lost on day1 while day2 gets a full 24hrs of tracking. Aespa released lts at a time when they'd have more spotify tracking time actually.

That aside I wonder why sm and their us label decided this was the song which would get full us promo with radio play and playlisting. It's not a very memorable replayable song.

Okay okay i get it i got 2 explanations already fjhjfh

It was a weird decision. Pre releases are supposed to increase the hype for the album too and this was definitely not the right song.

• Savage with more experimental sounds could debut at #88, I suspect this is because the song already been heard 2 months ago. What do you expect? like I said before SM & Warner should released it after Coachella. Dumb move putting aespa straight into the dungeon. The song original hype and firepower already gone. Maybe it could rise if the song go viral.

Illusion should've been pre release imo, it's better one and plus agree

• Anyway, stream

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They are neeedy

• I did watched the mv twice but never listened in spotify, the song is a bit too boring, you can make a safe and gp friendly song without being boring, SM hasn't found the sweet spot, Illusion was better and it wasn't that experimental either

• I have predicted this in the main thread that this song will not do well globally. It's a dated boring generic english song. People listen to kpop because it is kpop, not because it is in English and easy to listen.

So yea, like I said, it does not matter the amount of playlisting and ad if people don't like your song they will not stream it. Another thing that might affect the first day was because many people have heard it months before.

Either way, I don't think it will have longevity either even it releases after coachella. SM is totally clueless and it shows.

Regarding to ad, JYP also uses it for for Nayeon but it does not matter. people are tuning for her song and it shows.

• Illusion deserves better! :pepe-simp:

Stream Illusion instead. :yesr:

External Content www.youtube.com

External Content open.spotify.com

• I actually think SM was heading in the right direction but they took it a little too far in the right direction. Songs like LTS is so early 2000. People don't listen to songs like these anymore not even sure why SM went with this choice. It honestly reminds me of Blackpink Rosé OTG, and I'm sorry blinks, but I found that song boring as well. But still better than LTS. But of course Rosé can get away with a song like that cause she is a BP member.

Aespa should have kept it generic but not boring.

• Savage with more experimental sounds could debut at #88, I suspect this is because the song already been heard 2 months ago. What do you expect? like I said before SM & Warner should released it after Coachella. Dumb move putting aespa straight into the dungeon. The song original hype and firepower already gone. Maybe it could rise if the song go viral.

This, i dislike how sm does Girls' album rollout. Kill a lot of hype. Beside the fact that LTS is released way way too long from Coachella, the song itself is also not exciting. It's a nice song and i find myself singing the chorus from time to time, but it's faraway from the aespa's sound that i love and would replay over and over again.

• In addition to ads, I think the YT numbers are higher because many kpop fans (like me) usually check out kpop new releases on YouTube and not Spotify, regardless if they are a fan or not. Like I watched aespa’s video for a couple of times because how else I could answer bop or flop thread truthfully? There’s no need to listen to Spotify

• This, i dislike how sm does Girls' album rollout. Kill a lot of hype. Beside the fact that LTS is released way way too long from Coachella, the song itself is also not exciting. It's a nice song and i find myself singing the chorus from time to time, but it's faraway from the aespa's sound that i love and would replay over and over again.

the song is generic but actually I liked the song because it got meaningful messages.

I think Warner wanted to test how aespa will fare in US hence the English pre-release and 2 weeks agenda in US. The release timing was a major problem tho because they should have release it back then in April. Hopefully they realize this grave mistake and aren't doing more stupid moves like for example revealing Girls before the official release:pepe-slash:

Agreed, I don't get what's the purpose of dropping Illusion in random Wednesday that will cause mys only have 3 new song to looks forward in the new album. They should have choose either one from the two already revealed tracks as the pre-release.

Talking about promo/playlisting (this is the only section that I could praise), they doing pretty good job so far for LTS hopefully the disappointing first day result doesn't discouraged them so that they keep the same energy until Girls dropped.

• This thread contains 22 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!