Why did both Eleven and Wadada outlast Savage on spotify global chart?

• Both Eleven (ive) and wadada (kep1er) spent more time on Spotify global charts then aespa's savage. Mind that both are the debut songs of the two groups. Savage was a hyped comeback from aespa.

Eleven - 57 days

Wadada - 19 days

Savage - 17 days

Savage being outlasted by wadada is what surprised me the most. The song isn't really all that liked and hyped yet is doing well especially for a debut. Why did these groups already have a better start on Spotify? Bigger appeal?

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• Eleven went viral and the group had a lot of buzz surrounding them so that’s explainable. But lmao wa da da outlasted savage??! 😭

Tbh savage isn’t a song you’d listen to over and over tbh. It’s not as catchy as next level. And those high notes at the end turned a lot of people off,

And sm sound tends to be a mixed bag with international fans.you’ll have some that fans love like psycho but there more stuff people don’t like or just don’t gaf about. Sm music has had the least success internationally out of the big 4

• Cause Savage sucks lmao. They had a lot of hype after Next Level so it was basically a guaranteed success, but really people didn't actually like the song and it dropped from their playlist fast. IVE and Kep1er have songs that people legitimately like, not because of the group's brand (I mean both groups wouldn't have been successful without the survival show push, but the push wouldn't have been enough to guarantee success, they needed a song people liked, and they both did).

Also Aespa's popularity is more of a Korean thing, they're really not taking off internationally.

Edited once, last by Hopkinz ().

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not everything need an explanation

• I never listened to this wa da da song so I cant compare them.

Eleven is an interesting song I've heard it a few times but on YouTube not on Spotify I don't know what makes people stream on Spotify or not

• Aespa seems to be bigger domestically. They are literally the current top digimon right now but that's in Korea, not globally.

Plus for me, Next Level was the SOTY and Savage just cant measure up. Savage has two parts that i really like - Karina's rap in the second verse and the glorious bridge but other than that, Next Level is just a superior song.

ETA: As for the song comparison, here is how i would rank em:

Next Level -----------------------> Wadada -----> Eleven ------------> Savage

• Aespa seems to be bigger domestically. They are literally the current top digimon right now but that's in Korea, not globally.

Plus for me, Next Level was the SOTY and Savage just cant measure up. Savage has two parts that i really like - Karina's rap in the second verse and the glorious bridge but other than that, Next Level is just a superior song.

Everything is Soty to you pick a struggle :pepe-toilet:

• look at internationally at spotify is a rabbit hole especially for these new GG. I am sure at this point, Eleven is the better charting song on spotify internationally. I am not sure about Wadada, we still need to see how it sustain on the chart.

Looking at these 2 groups, Japan carries most of their streams relative to other especially wadada. Wadada is even has higher percentage than Eleven on Japanese spotify. This kinda flip ur assumption that Wadada is not well like atleast in japan.

Here the percentage break down for japan. Savage is at 6.3 percent. Eleven is at 13 percent and Wadada is at 18 percent. Spotify for Korea is so small.

Sure, aespa is not dominate digitally in internationally market but they are not doing bad compare to other GG like some are assuming here.

Look at these stats and compare urself.

Spotify

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Spotify Bsides which aespa are doing the best among 4th GG.

Youtube views. These group all used ads (Itzy, aespa, Kepler and IVE)

Finally kworb artist page.

• Isnt this discussion already held in anon section?

Anyway one comment from anon under the same topic stood out to me the most about the 3 groups here:

Quote: “people are so dramatic lmao.. relax, aespa is doing fine on spotify. with how consistent their title track and b-sides streams are, no other group is coming near them. IVE, Kep1er b-sides are a joke comparing to their title track, which could only mean the song solely depend on PLAYLISTING. no one is even streaming their b-side which is an indication of how small their fan actually is than people make them out to be.”

Aespa’s besides streaming is pretty good comparing to the other 2 groups. But i agree with the comment above saying that savage is not that kind of song to be put on your regular playlist.

It is just an aespa things: being experimental, different and unique which set them apart from other

• While eleven and wadada outlast savage on spotify global chart currently, we don't know the future holds will it really is or those songs will be the next after school. Initially big but fell off. Isn't that great savage and next level able to maintain their stability until now with smp song.

To put in short, song like Savage isn't international friendly song. I think it will fare much better if they remove the last part of the song.

• Cause Savage sucks lmao. They had a lot of hype after Next Level so it was basically a guaranteed success, but really people didn't actually like the song and it dropped from their playlist fast. IVE and Kep1er have songs that people legitimately like, not because of the group's brand (I mean both groups wouldn't have been successful without the survival show push, but the push wouldn't have been enough to guarantee success, they needed a song people liked, and they both did).

Also Aespa's popularity is more of a Korean thing, they're really not taking off internationally.

I don't think you can say Wa da da is exactly a song the people legitimately like, charting for two more days than savage doesn't make a big difference. I see many of their fans talking about how bad the song was and how wake one boycotted them with that choice, it isn't universally liked, just like savage.

Eleven is the one breaking records which support you statement, but the other song is mostly carried by fandom, and we know how they will stream a song despite not being into it. Kepler come from a survival shows which was popular with young ifans, the main public that streams on Spotify, and they have the support from certain 4th gen fandoms that are also good on Spotify, so it's no surprised they will do well on Spotify, even if charting for two more days than savage isn't really a big success. Both songs performed poorly in that metric.

• I don't think you can say Wa da da is exactly a song the people legitimately like, charting for two more days than savage doesn't make a big difference. I see many of their fans talking about how bad the song was and how wake one boycotted them with that choice, it isn't universally liked, just like savage.

Eleven is the one breaking records which support you statement, but the other song is mostly carried by fandom, and we know how they will stream a song despite not being into it. Kepler come from a survival shows which was popular with young ifans, the main public that streams on Spotify, and they have the support from certain 4th gen fandoms that are also good on Spotify, so it's no surprised they will do well on Spotify, even if charting for two more days than savage isn't really a big success. Both songs performed poorly in that metric.

that makes sense tbh

• Looking at these 2 groups, Japan carries most of their streams relative to other especially wadada. Wadada is even has higher percentage than Eleven on Japanese spotify. This kinda flip ur assumption that Wadada is not well like atleast in japan.

This is one of the reasons i think is possible. Japan played a major role in streams for both on Spotify. Wadada is doing really well on japan Billboard too. Went top10. Aespa don't really have much of an audience there.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• so it's no surprised they will do well on Spotify, even if charting for two more days than savage isn't really a big success. Both songs performed poorly in that metric.

This is Kep1er's debut and even if it's for 2 day they still outlasted aespa who had more comeback and hype around them to build a bigger fandom.

YIREN

• Savage was pretty pioneering and it had a lot of cyber type music elements. Its success so far may be because of Aespa的面子 (translation -- Lit.: because of their face, Meaning: it was based on aespa's fame, rather than savage's prowess as a song) instead of being a popular song by itself.

Wadada is hella catchy. I still read Wadada as they sing it in the music.

Eleven has wonyoung's IZ*ONE fame directly or indirectly backing it. It is also a pretty good song on its own.

• idk if im supposed to be happy sad or neutral.

well then i guess i have to hate on my inner MY and boast as a DIVE

• This is Kep1er's debut and even if it's for 2 day they still outlasted aespa who had more comeback and hype around them to build a bigger fandom.

I found that aespa hasn't really cashed it in on their pre-debut and debut hype. Lots of people were hyped for a really AI-pocalypse or cyberpunk type group based on their SMCU lore and Black mamba and Next Level really sold on it.

I think Savage really didn't cash in on their lore as much (not surprising really, not many people listen to kpop for lore lol) but you can really see the effort drop off where Black mamba and Next Level had amazing graphics, set design etc. Black mamba had a flat gradient background, a flat floor, and a more stage type arrangement, much like a performance video. Granted a lot of the scenes had great sets and cgi as well as still keeping up the story bits as well. One good example of the drop off is that the snake in Black mamba, despite looking theoretically perfect, it had realistic movement, shading, reflection, etc. The Snake in savage looked. flat. Its like they almost forgot to color correct it. (not shitting on the group but the vfx director lmao)

Also some major hype around Aespa in the beginning is that Karina, especially, (and the other members received similar hype) struck people as looking almost like a video game character. As time passed, I bet that people got used to Aespa's visuals.

Edit: they didn't even follow up with an ep2 to their "ep.1 Black Mamba" it was so good and really had TV show potential, even it as a webseries would be an insane cashgrab and on valid grounds too

• This is one of the reasons i think is possible. Japan played a major role in streams for both on Spotify. Wadada is doing really well on japan Billboard too. Went top10. Aespa don't really have much of an audience there.

looking at the data and chart, aespa are not doing bad in Japan actually. Kep1er is more popular in Japan for obvious reasons just like aespa in China. For IVE, we don't know yet because they did not release an album.

Ranking in term of charting 4th Gen GG in Japan right now with not much data because of Kep1er and IVE just debuted.

Kep1er > IVE >aespa > ITZY

[Weekly] Billboard Japan - 2022/02/02
    Billboard Japan  has revealed its charts for the week of 2022/02/02 and here are the positions of the Korean artists on the charts, includin...
    koreansalestwt.blogspot.com

For sale

Aespa = 34k, Itzy = 32k, Kep1er = 25k for 2 weeks. IVE= Can't find data. Anyone can help here?

You see, for sale, these group are closer than you think. I think kep1er will end up with the highest sale overall, but not that much. Interesting though, I thought Kep1er would do much more.

After looking at these 2 data, it seems like Japan really like Wadada. It's not just fandom streaming otherwise their physical would do much more.

• This thread contains 47 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!