Purple Kiss is such an unfortunate case in Kpop

• Is it lack of stand out members?

Disagree. They all stand out.

Goeun and Swan have some of the more unique, strong vocals from this gen. People compliment the both of them on this.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Dosie and Jieun are great dancers.

Chaein and Ireh are also talented.

Yuki is pretty good at rapping and also charismatic. I think she has a lot of potential.

Not only that, but the members actively participate in making their music, which is neat and yeah they are very talented.

I'd argue that this is the group with some of the most potential. From all the members. They are incredibly charismatic on stage. And have qualities that make them stand out from each other.

I have heard some people site their visuals as being a reason for people not checking them out. Which I think can be true. Yes, they are all very pretty, but they also aren't all pretty in a conventional way if you feel me. Not sure if they fit the same tastes as other popular 4th gen groups so that's unfortunate... I don't know if that's the full reason either. I do feel like in a general sense with how oversaturated the field is, it's just harder to really get people to notice you even if you do have talent and unique qualities too. I hope things change though either way. I hope people can take notice of their unique qualities soon. :-(

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• They're barely over a year old and are building a fandom. 30-40k is nothing to sneeze at and puts them ahead of several groups.

• I think they are going to aim for the OhMyGirl course (their company has bought OhMyGirl's company).

They have no chance against the giants on the field, but they will have a chance when the giants begin to move on. OhMyGirl's chance came on 2020 when the groups famous in 2016 began to change their focus in favor of newer acts in their companies, and Purple Kiss, being from Mamamoo's company, will continue to maintain its relatively solid fanbase and strike in maybe 2026.

• Their company is a mess in total

• D1verse disbanded after a year for no reason
    • ONEWE's Yonghoon said if nothing will change on the band's popularity he might leaves KPop
    • I have no idea what's with JBOYZ's Ryoma since he isn't posting on social media for over 8 months now and RBW seems in total not like if they would try to even debut JBOYZ anytime and that despite that it became pretty silent around the boys and also there is the fact that Jumpei is allready 26 years old so if they waste the member more it's just sad
    • Than the few stupid changes RBW did after taking over WM Entertainment ... yikes
    • I am not sure if RBW has more trainees but if they do than I'm allready feeling sorry for them

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I feel dreamcatcher and purple kiss fall kindda under the same category. Their fans will swear by their great music but the truth is they don’t make or haven’t made music that can appeal to a board audience.

Now is this right or wrong…hard to say. I think it’s ok for group to be niche if it works for them.

Actually, for a mid-size label act, Purple Kiss is not doing badly. It will maintain its fanbase and will wait until the hype on the newly debuting acts begins to cool down probably next year.

• i think larger kpop groups are out/not in style anymore, it seems in 4th gen girl groups should have max 6 members to be successful because each member has their chance to shine and appeal to the public

in purple kiss there are too many members with overlapping visuals and overlapping skills to where it is hard to understand the individual charms of each member from watching one performance alone, which is why ggs like ive, lesserafim, and ive are doing so well rn

to be honest and in my opinion the group would have been fine if it was na goeun, yuki, chaein and swan. those are the members that shine to me and we already have vocals, dance and rap right there. don't get me wrong i love jieun, ireh and dosie i just am a fan of smaller groups. its less competition for the girls and allows them to do more

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!