Posts by ducky-mioda

and apparently most of the GP had forgotten about Afterschool and GLAM + GFriend disbanding only some time after SouMu's acquisition by the time LSRFM debuted rite~ :whatb: (no hate to Chaewon and friends - or any Hybe GGs that debuted after LSRFM - btw :comfort-bunny: )

but yeah a lot of us who know how Pledis's been handling fromis_9 since 2021 should still probably be wondering whether or not Saerom and friends are gonna be let go if that company's really debuting another GG so :danceb:

(p.s. ik this may be controversial so lemme restate that I'm just pointing out some technicalities and don't mean to hate on any of the GGs that've debuted under the Hybe uniform since 2021 - also notice how I inserted the phrase "[group leader] and friends" at least once as a pronoun for the group names mentioned? you get the idea :cheer-bunny: )

Hopkinz so I was just thinking maybe you should talk about this song in a future hidden gems thread since I don’t hear others talk about it much anymore okie :flower-cutie:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Is it poppin ! I love that song. The mashup with Cupid is nice

My favorite is the Queencard one, I don't know the song it is mashed up with, but the mash up is a bop

for the queencard one the instrumental was taken from this :hype-cutie:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

and some of the non-Idle vocals were taken from these :flop:

External Content open.spotify.com

External Content open.spotify.com

pannapp_2020-11-30_00_58_47%2B%25281%2529.jpg

updating that real quick~

58890A09-913E-476C-B036-6AA07C5E3357.jpeg

so when I was watching one of Ploopy678’s vids all over again (it’s the second one on the history of Rania/Blackswan just fyi) I came to realize a bit more about how DR Music went down after the 2004 Ride West controversy to the point that it continually mismanaged Rania from 2011 to 2020 (the year the group got a rebrand into the Blackswan identity) with a crapload of beef involving its external and internal ties and whatnot :mads: (I mean sure DR Music wasn’t the best at dealing with the allegations of bullying between a number of Blackswan’s members back in 2021/22 either but at least the stuff it gives to Blackswan these days looks more polished than the Beep Beep Beep song it gave to 2017-era BP Rania, trust me :groovins: )

now tho with the way YG’s been dealing with BM's debut in mind it kinda reminds me of how DR Music had a tendency to announce Rania’s lineup changes pretty close to the group’s comeback/performance dates a number of times in the past (Jooyi taking Riko’s place because the latter went on hiatus in 2013 being announced after Just Go’s release/Alex Reid’s departure being announced 2 days after the 2017 Beep Beep Beep showcase/Namfon’s departure being announced around the time Rania’s final pre-rebranding lineup was performing in Romania in 2020/whatever) bcuz with Ahyeon's absence from BM's debut stuff being announced rather last minute there's been speculation from the lack of company-planned promo (which becomes a double whammy when you think of how SK's music shows don't tend to be broadcast during the country's end-of-year award show seasons) + blank space for a 7th member in the Batter Up choreography that she might rejoin the group's activities for the follow-up's release after which YG could as well start promoting its newest GG onstage (and possibly especially on music shows if the follow-up release happens in January 2024) but rn that's probably just speculation from me so :flop:

out of the big 4 I’d preferably be under a HYBE company like Pledis or Bighit especially since ik YG’s not the best when it comes to management (remember what happened to Swi.T and 2ne1? :flop: ) - out of the other companies however it just depends on how they’ve been treating their current artists + trainees so Blockberry’s obviously a bad choice for how it treated the Loona members and I’d also avoid Cube when possible bcuz the sheer amount of talented trainees it’s let go of would be rather unsettling for me even though I’m not sure how talented I’d be compared to them :wilds:

this literally makes no sense. what is YG even thinking? they had no debut showcase, they haven't been seen since their debut, and they're not going on any music shows to promote their literal debut single. does YG literally not want them to be successful?

*swi.T flashbacks in the y2k-minded part of my brain* :ragec: (like srsly… Yang Hyunsuk was literally dating Lee Eunjoo for years to purposely make her group flop so :mads: )

p.s. and someone's color coded lyric vid for that song I was talking about above...

ever heard of Seo Taiji and Boys? that group was literally one of the pioneers of modern Kpop from way back in the early 1990s and even featured none other than - *goodness forbid* - YG himself :thumbs-up: now I feel like the same dude who was part of an early pioneer act should gift the song he first debuted with to baemon for the group's first CB as a step up from its debut because... :flower-cutie:

(and also looking at the MV I didn't see any glamorous or extravagant props/sets in there which I believe would put YG Ent's repeated use of them in its own GGs' MVs since 2ne1 to shame :laughs: and that probably should bcuz if baemon came back with a cover of YG's own first debut song - possibly translating the chorus into English and adding a few new English lyrics to the parts that aren't lyric-heavy in line w/ modern Kpop trends - as well as an accompanying MV reminiscent of the above it'd appear less corny to those who called the group's YG-produced debut as such :cutes: )

Yep it is YG found his wife in this group then dropped the group as soon as he could

ikr :mads: and this could possibly make the whole “baemon debuted with an average age of about 16” thing worse since whygee was involved with the group’s debut and a lot of the members haven’t even turned 18* (let alone 19) yet potentially leading to one of them being the next Lee Eunju :crys:

*(NB: I’m using international age for this bcuz that’s been SK’s legal standard since this year started and you can’t use the traditional Korean age system on South Korean official docs anymore)

Hopkinz I just found this newly-released song uploaded onto 1theK's channel and it's got a retro concept MV where one of the featured actors crossdresses at one point - I don't think any of us have heard of this act before so maybe you should make this song the focus of your next Hidden Gems thread? :flower-cutie: 👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻

External Content youtu.be

how's it going fellow forumers...? :hype-cutie: I'll be writing an AKP forum thread series called "THE HOUSE OF KPOP WHAT-IFS" every Friday from now on so let's start :cheer-bunny:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a question for those of you who were into K-pop back when Gangnam Style'd clearly proven itself to be the biggest Korean hit of 2012: remember when the SBS Gayo Daejeon for that year created temporary collab groups around the theme of "The Color of K-Pop"? Produced by some of the most famous hitmakers in the K-pop scene, the four groups that were formed for the event each had their own individual representative colors - Dynamic Black (prod by S.Tiger), Dazzling Red (prod by Brave Bros), Mystic White (prod by Kim Dohoon), and Dramatic Blue (prod by Sweetune) - and performed songs with different flavors on the night of the award show! How cool does that sound?

Kinda sadly though, despite the 2022 Gayo Daejeon marking 10 years since the Color of K-Pop units' performances, none of them were revived for that occasion. (I mean that year's theme was "The Live Shout-Out" which sounds pretty cool to me, but maybe SBS could've tweaked the 2012 units' concepts a little bit to align with the theme a little more?) But still I feel like it'd be fun if I came up with some thoughts on how those 2012 Gayo Daejeon units could've been revived for the 2022 event (the member lineups would've obviously had to be changed due to some of those idols moving on to other endeavors + maybe the lineups themselves would've leaned more towards coed? idk but still I find it fun to guess :danceb: ):

So honestly that's just my imagination - feel free to tell me what you think about this retrospective (and maybe even reminisce about how K-pop life was like 10 years ago I guess) :flower-cutie: