[enter-talk] KEP1ER'S FIRST PERFORMANCE ON QUEENDOM WAS SERIOUSLY A SHAME

• [enter-talk] KEP1ER'S FIRST PERFORMANCE ON QUEENDOM WAS SERIOUSLY A SHAME

They were like "we did well right?"

But first of all, the performance weirdly didn't match them and I feel like they didn't get the details right
    The others were using LED lights and decorated their stages in a fancy way but theirs felt so boring that it just looked like a music broadcast show

The arrangement was also an issue... I felt like the climax choreography and song where they raise their arms(?) should've remained the same. That was the climax of the song and there were also other dance parts that were cool but that got cut off..

They practiced hard but they should've focused on giving ideas about making their Queendom stage unique and make more arrangement to the stage but it just felt like they made a song arrangement.
    Since they are rookies, they probably just thought "if we did this much, we will look cool!!"

I support Kep1er and watched all their final stages and voted for them like crazy but this is seriously a shame
    Even so, I feel like there's only Kim Dayeon who will understand the issue here
    It's even more frustrating because the others just seem cheerful about it;;;

I hope that they reflect on their weak points.. There's a reason to why they are so popular but ranked so low..

(T/N: performance for reference)

post response:
    [+370][-16]
    original post: here

1. [+162, -3]
    They didn't want to spend on their stage and just compete with their skills so they looked cheap while the other teams tried their best to show that they spent money to have a good stage... It's not like they had a shocking and unconventional concept, they didn't make a stage that looked as expensive as the other teams and they only got a good rating through their dance skills so they can only achieve so much. Also, aside from Hyolyn, all the other teams' skills were just whatever. This is boring compared to Queendom1

2. [+109, -6]
    I think that they danced well. When they tried to portray the group moving sideways with a steering wheel, I made a "Oh!" noise so I can tell that they have skills but it's obvious that they didn't spend money on their stage and it looked less fancy to the other groups'. I think that this is the problem. It's not the time to try to compete through skills alone. Viewers will cheer for an idol because of their story and glamour. No matter how well they do, they are in a position where they can be easily taken down. I also think it's rude for rookies to act like they don't care about this and prepare their stage like some music broadcast show, while you have the sunbaes all pouring their money into their stages to make it as dramatic as possible and trying to make their stages like an award ceremony's stage. Of course, because they are a project group so it's possible that CJ doesn't wanna spend on them and are just using them to gain the foreign audience

3. [+85, -14]
    Aside from Hyolyn, all the other girl groups had regrettable parts. I think that it's important to fix these issues while going on Queendom. I watched the fancams and they were so much cooler than the broadcast video. At 1:30, Dayeon-nim danced like she was doing a car game and it left a big impression. I really think that Dayeon-nim is good at dancing

4. [+67, 01]
    The only thing I felt was them being like "we are rookies!!!!!! We are full of energy!!!!!! Haha"

5. [+64, -1]
    I felt like their song was their limit...

6. [+64, 0]
    I don't think that we can compare this to season 1... because of the fairness issue from last time, the companies aren't spending as much money and I think that they are just staying within the budget that Mnet is giving themㅇㅇ the quality can't help but be lower than season 1...

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• The arrangement of the song was poor. Most of the song was them "Wadada" followed by a dance break and then "Oh Oh Oh" then another dance break and after that "Wadada" again.

• I love Kep1er, as you all know.

So I might be a bit biased here.

I liked the intro and the ending.

The middle not so much.

To me, Hyoryn just owned it and shown how one person can fill the stage.

Viviz was bad, like really bad. And that's disappointing to me since I love G-Friend.

WJSN was okish, not good, not bad. But nothing to write home about. I guess that hourglass breaking did mess them up. That's on the props team I guess.

Brave Girls was nice, but honestly forgetful, no impact.

LOONA didn't get to compete but they performed well. As an Orbit I am proud of them.

All in all, Hyoryn owns the stage, the rest still need to learn how to

• Queendom season 1 had almost no budget, the stages had no props, the only thing they had was background dancers, is not the budget, most of the performances aren't well produced

i mean

its not like except mamamoo the first season had more "talented" performances

loona viviz wjsn all have very talented singers and dancers and they're performing live as well

yet their own comeback stages look better than this shit

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• Am I the only one who think they did great? The choreo was really challenging.

The main issue was that it feels a bit empty they didn't fully utilize the stage as much. The stage backdrop was boring. Like for Hyolyn the backdrop was fking beautiful with the waterfall and the forest-ish aesthetic but for Kep1er they gave them some what zoom in out things and matrix thingy background

It feels like Mnet didn't give them much budget in case people think that Mnet is "favoring them"

• thats not because of budget, because of planning of the stages, maybe lack of experience on big stages don't help either

one of most acclaimed stages in 1st round were Gidle and AOA's and they had no props and no budget

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• two things i'd like to note first

the video and audio quality is a lot better in these

those are budget issues from Mnet themselves and not from the performers

and live singing seems much more of the focus this time which takes away a lot of energy from the dancing

and i cant speak about kepler or the others of course but loona and wjsn are seasoned performers and have a lot of amazing stages

look at this and tell me their queendom stage wasnt a lot underwhelming by their standards

not to mention with higher budget they could have done something magical like this

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• I'm legit confused what kind of budget you speak about, like i said s1 barely had any props or any budget, only background dancers, especially in first 2 rounds where none of the stages had any kind of prop to speak about a budget

• I'm legit confused what kind of budget you speak about, like i said s1 barely had any props or any budget, only background dancers, especially in first 2 rounds where none of the stages had any kind of prop to speak about a budget

as i said im not arguing on the group's budget but mnet's production budget esp audio visual

that and as you said, bad planning surely plays a part

im only speaking about my own bias group here, it was severely underwhelming compared to their own older stage where they used simple outfits and makeup and no backup dancer and props

u r m o m g a y

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!