[PannChoa] Kingdom 2nd round ranking + continuous disregardance of emotional/vocal based performances

• [theqoo] KINGDOM'S 2ND CONTEST'S RANKING BASED ON EXPERTS + SELF EVALUATION

image.png

Experts' ranking

1. Ateez

2. The Boyz

3. iKON

4. SF9

5. BTOB

6. Stray Kids

image.png

(Row labels from left to right: Ranking, group name, experts' rating, self-evaluation rating, total rating)

1. Ateez

2. SF9

3. BTOB

4. iKON

5. Stray Kids

6. The Boyz

original post: here

1. iKON you guys worked hard!

2. I really want to hear why they ranked them this way... I'm seriously curious

3. Looks like a program that just wants to push Ateez

4. Please just reveal who those "experts" are!!!!!

5. What's up with the experts' ratings for BTOB?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ ridiculous

6. I can understand having a panelist of experts for judging trainees but I'm questioning why they have to have experts judge idols who have different levels of seniority?....

7. The experts are seriously so suspicious.... the self-evaluation is also suspicious.... it's my first time seeing a program that's tormenting the viewers this muchㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. I seriously don't understand the experts' ratings for BTOBㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. Just who are these experts?ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

10. That's why you can't support rigged-Net

11. Ateez' score is pretty high... if you look at it objectively, do you think that they did the best ??

12. Ateez deserved to be first

13. My bias are not on Kingdom but I watched their stage and the people ranked 6th are seriously suspicious... The dance and the tango rearrangement was so good. I'm shocked that they didn't get any vote

14. Stray Kids were cool

15. The Boyz were so-so. The quality of their stages are just getting worse and I can't focus on their performance either. Their songs are also not memorable. The people that these experts ranked lower did way better than them

16. Everyone did well but seeing them getting ranked like this is so sad ㅠㅜ

17. The Boyz did fine

18. The experts' scores are so weird

19. People are like this againㅋㅋㅋㅋ Ateez deserved to win first

20. I don't watch this but why did The Boyz get 0??

[enter-talk] LOOKS LIKE THERE'S NOT A BIG APPEAL TO EMOTIONAL OR VOCAL-HEAVY PERFORMANCES ON KINGDOM?

Strong, exciting and fierce....

All these performances ranked better than emotional and vocal performances.......

Seeing how BTOB, Stray Kids and The Boyz ranked low in today's Kingdom episode... damn...

post response:

[+350][-24]

original post: here

1. [+167, -8]

Stop talking about the "ZZZ circus" or to "get rid of the props". Look at their scores when they go for vocals ㅡㅡ. Are those scores that Stray Kids and BTOB should be receiving?

2. [+136, -5]

These "experts" are not evaluating the vocals at all, but only look at the performance

3.[+125, -8]

Just seeing ep.1 where BTOB was lacking narrationㅋㅋㅋ this is just... sigh..

4. [+104, -6]

This time, iKON and Stray Kids were seriously the best. I have a lot to say after seeing their results but won't say anything...

5. [+93, -8]

I'm a The B and to be honest, if I just look at their skills for the 2nd round, I want to give Stray Kids' Han first place. He's a rapper but I was so impressed at how he was singing those high notes so well. Seriously, just like The Boyz' reaction, I really felt like Han is so talented. He seriously did well

6. [+87, -4]

I seriously thought that someone among iKON, Stray Kids or BTOB would've ranked first

7. [+83, -1]

Stray Kids ranked last in the experts' ranking? I seriously burst out laughingㅋㅋㅋ Do they have any shame? Seriously, this is not right

Source - 1, 2

• 7. [+83, -1]

Stray Kids ranked last in the experts' ranking? I seriously burst out laughingㅋㅋㅋ Do they have any shame? Seriously, this is not right

4. [+104, -6]

This time, iKON and Stray Kids were seriously the best. I have a lot to say after seeing their results but won't say anything...

5. [+93, -8]

I'm a The B and to be honest, if I just look at their skills for the 2nd round, I want to give Stray Kids' Han first place. He's a rapper but I was so impressed at how he was singing those high notes so well. Seriously, just like The Boyz' reaction, I really felt like Han is so talented. He seriously did well

1. [+167, -8]

Stop talking about the "ZZZ circus" or to "get rid of the props". Look at their scores when they go for vocals ㅡㅡ. Are those scores that Stray Kids and BTOB should be receiving?

6. [+87, -4]

I seriously thought that someone among iKON, Stray Kids or BTOB would've ranked first

14. Stray Kids were cool

Spilled.

• Official Post

In my opinion the problems with Kingdom go back to Road to Kingdom and the loss of the live audience. It really feels like less of an ability and performance based show and more of a camera/stage trick/stint show.

I really feel like the issues could be resolved in two ways:

1. The Contestants Voting Amongst Themselves Needs To Be Broadcast

During Road to Kingdom (and even Queendom) we saw the teams discuss how they were going to vote for who did the best/worst. On Queendom each team got one vote for best/worst and on Road to Kingdom an equal number of people from each group voted individually for their top 3 (like the fan votes). I feel like that would make the self evaluation ranking more palatable than just showing their reactions (which are of course going to be hyped for everyone) to "no points for you."

2. Build the Illusion of the Live Audience

Obviously covid screwed everything up. The performances on Queendom were done to a live audience which meant their performances were limited to that of the stage. Sure they pushed those limits, but they had to build their performances to suit both the TV and live audience. They really should have come up with some kind of solution to not having that audience.

Panel shows like King of the Masked Singer and I Can See Your Voice feel largely unchanged by covid because the 10ish celebrity panel is still a live audience. Mnet could have rounded up 12 people a performance and had them be the audience each group is performing for. It's something they do for Show Me the Money and even last year's Good Girl.

I just feel like that would force the performances to be more ability based because right now I really feel like they aren't being judged on vocals, rap, or dance. This feels more like a competition for stage designers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!