Cube has terminated their exclusive contract with former (G)I-dle Soojin per the conclusion of the police investigation

• https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/03/cube-entertainment-terminates-former-gi-dle-member-soojins-exclusive-contract-based-on-police-conclusion-of-school-bullying-lawsuit

We would like to notify that our exclusive contract with artist Seo Soojin has been terminated.

In February of last year, after the controversy arose, Cube Entertainment worked at length with Seo Soojin to uncover the truth through a police investigation; however, the police have ultimately concluded that the accuser(s) were 'not guilty' of spreading false information.

Cube Entertainment respects the police's decision, and we bow our heads in apology for causing many people concerns over this matter.

Source: AKP

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• Were they so sure the accusations were fabricated that they had to involve the police? They ended up looking like fools. I think out of all the bullying cases this is the worst handled one. At least we got a bit of the truth I guess.

• Were they so sure the accusations were fabricated that they had to involve the police? They ended up looking like fools. I think out of all the bullying cases this is the worst handled one. At least we got a bit of the truth I guess.

Worst handled one for sure. They should've never allowed her to released the statement she did.

mKl7Ghm.png

• Is Cube insane? Are they rolling the dice on the belief that any press is "good" press, even when it comes to bullying scandals? Why in hell would you release this statement 10 days before Gidle's return????? This shouldve been released months ago, to allow time time for any anger by Knetz to cool off and to allow Soojin fans time to come to peace with it.

Now, Knetz are gonna go ham on Gidle right when they comeback, plus a lot of I Fans of Soojin and OT6 will probably be at peak anger and disappointment in 10 days as well.

I hope it all works out, Gidle doesnt deserve this.

• because it's better they announce it than other newspapers or Dispatch.

Not like they had to terminate her contract right then. They could have done it prior to announcing the comeback or after the comeback was over. They have complete control over that.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Is Cube insane? Are they rolling the dice on the belief that any press is "good" press, even when it comes to bullying scandals? Why in hell would you release this statement 10 days before Gidle's return????? This shouldve been released months ago, to allow time time for any anger by Knetz to cool off and to allow Soojin fans time to come to peace with it.

Now, Knetz are gonna go ham on Gidle right when they comeback, plus a lot of I Fans of Soojin and OT6 will probably be at peak anger and disappointment in 10 days as well.

i think the timing is pretty good, it gives closure to the case and now fans can stop believing she's gonna return to Gidle, knetz already believed she was guilty, they announcing won't change anything, if something is better than she left half a year ago, i don't see how this will affect Gidle comeback

I guess they are going with the no press is bad press.

Which is stupid, since this ain't the 20th century.

But it still works to some extent.

But this is CUBE, the crappiest of the crappy litter of K-pop.

If it was a kitten it would be the one who always sits on the corner but produces the most crap in the litter.

I will never forgive them. Ever!

P.S. I would still love that kitten tho, since I love kittens.

But Cube can go to shit!

• I guess they are going with the no press is bad press.

Which is stupid, since this ain't the 20th century.

But it still works to some extent.

Perhaps they caught wind that this was leaked to the press so they tried getting ahead of it?

mKl7Ghm.png

• This is by far the worst handling of a scandal out of all the bullying scandals that happened during 2021 Soojin is the only one who lost her career mind you Hyunjin scandal got a lot of buzz and talking but both JYP and him handled the scandal so well but cube is definitely one the shitiest company out there instead of trying to save their artists they throw them under the buss and they get rid of them as if they were disposable trash and to make matter worse they release this statement only few days before g-idle comeback what a dumbass company

• Apparently the judgement for their investigation just came out too. Maybe they were scared not acting decisively would just cause G-IDLE more problems.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Well, since the judgement about the trial just came out, they knew the media would write about it so I think they really wanted to get ahead of them with the narrative. The timing is horrible for the group, though.

mKl7Ghm.png

• This is by far the worst handling of a scandal out of all the bullying scandals that happened during 2021 Soojin is the only one who lost her career mind you Hyunjin scandal got a lot of buzz and talking but both JYP and him handled the scandal so well but cube is definitely one the shitiest company out there instead of trying to save their artists they throw them under the buss and they get rid of them as if they were disposable trash and to make matter worse they release this statement only few days before g-idle comeback what a dumbass company

to be fair her scandal was way more harder than Hyunjin and will be a PR nightmare for every company, the handling was bad for sure, Hyunjin was helped by the fact that Stray kids were pretty unknown in korea so it mostly stayed between kpop fans circles, Gidle not only were more popular in Korea with general public but Soojin's scandal had an actress involved, it reached a bigger audience than just kpop fans, pretty sure a lot more people know about Soojin's scandal than even Gidle themselves

• to be fair her scandal was way more harder than Hyunjin and will be a PR nightmare for every company, the handling was bad for sure, Hyunjin was helped by the fact that Stray kids were pretty unknown in korea so it mostly stayed between kpop fans circles, Gidle not only were more popular in Korea with general public but Soojin's scandal had an actress involved, it reached a bigger audience than just kpop fans, pretty sure a lot more people know about Soojin's scandal than even Gidle themselves

Hm, maybe I'm misremembering but didn't Hyunjin admit to his faults, meet up with the victim and apologized and the victim forgave him? JYP was also better with statements etc. And with Soojin, Cube did everything the opposite way basically.

mKl7Ghm.png

• Well, since the judgement about the trial just came out, they knew the media would write about it so I think they really wanted to get ahead of them with the narrative. The timing is horrible for the group, though.

The trial judgement was...

and I quote from the article:

In February of last year, after the controversy arose, Cube Entertainment worked at length with Seo Soojin to uncover the truth through a police investigation; however, the police have ultimately concluded that the accuser(s) were 'not guilty' of spreading false information.

If they would get ahead of this, with a few good lawyers, they would already counter-sue.

Not guilty of spreading false information does not mean she is guilty.

The whole presumption of innocence and all that jazz.

Cube did nothing.

I'm not saying she is innocent nor guilty.

It's just that the company did nothing.

• The company did nothing but cut their losses belatedly, as horrible as that sounds. The investigation just finished, and they kept Soojin in limbo until the very end. If the investigation concluded that the accuser lied, they might've kept her or something. Who knows. Cube is a mess.

mKl7Ghm.png

• The company did nothing but cut their losses belatedly, as horrible as that sounds. The investigation just finished, and they kept Soojin in limbo until the very end. If the investigation concluded that the accuser lied, they might've kept her or something. Who knows. Cube is a mess.

Yeah, my point exactly.

I guess we'll never know what actually happened.

• Hm, maybe I'm misremembering but didn't Hyunjin admit to his faults, meet up with the victim and apologized and the victim forgave him? JYP was also better with statements etc. And with Soojin, Cube did everything the opposite way basically.

thats because Soojin insisted that she wasn't guilty, i guess Cube was stupid for believing her, it would be easier if she would apologized from the first time but when the actress got involved, it ended as a mess no matter what cube would do, they couldn't backdown and apologize so the only chance was going on

edit: i forget to say that the scandal was a hot mess, a lot of people involved, the accusers didn't wanted to meet Soojin unless she admit she's at fault for everything, a lot of classmates and schoolmates give a lot of opinions of something they weren't sure themselves, the actress involvement was the cherry on top

• people consider it as a bad timing but it's also a really good timing

because people who were going to boycott G-idle because they are a GG under Cube and soojin is still in Cube will now stop boycotting the comeback because by doing this statement Cube cut all the strings who linked them to Soojin so people have no reasons to boycott g-idle anymore

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• I hate this one sided bashing of cube, yes they didn't handle this case the best, but there are a lot that lead to things turning out this way not just their mishandling. Firstly, idk why people fully blame cube for allowing Soojin to release the statements that she did and never Soojin herself for what she wrote. Idols are not perfect and faultless, unfortunately she never wrote her statements in the best way and came out as too provocative and unapologetic to the public. Also, this case was a whole mess since the beginning with all its multiple accusers, contradictory statements from different parties and an actress' involvement. The case gained way too much traction to be treated the same as any of the other cases and unfortunately Soojin herself said that she would leave what happened turned out to be true and even though the results now don't prove her definitely guilty, it also doesn't prove her innocence either. I think the only thing that could have saves Soojin would have been if her and cube had taken the apologetic route from the start rather than I don't remember so I didn't do it which was a fault on both of their parts. I feel like cube actually wanted to keep Soojin otherwise they would have terminated her contract much earlier, they had a reputation for dropping people like hot potatoes before this so if they really didn't want her, they would have dropped her from the start. They probably don't want to counter sue because this case has already dragged on for too long, it's really sad that Soojin had to leave the group and she will forever be missed as such a key player in the group.

I mean, Cube is at fault for how they've handled this? And they've continuously had their artists' worst interest in mind, disrespected them and allowed them to be disrespected. They're so bad at management. Soojin is not faultless and nobody is saying that she is, but Cube should've handled it better and that's that on that. They're the company ffs.

mKl7Ghm.png

• That's shit timing for the investigation to conclude.

• to be fair her scandal was way more harder than Hyunjin and will be a PR nightmare for every company, the handling was bad for sure, Hyunjin was helped by the fact that Stray kids were pretty unknown in korea so it mostly stayed between kpop fans circles, Gidle not only were more popular in Korea with general public but Soojin's scandal had an actress involved, it reached a bigger audience than just kpop fans, pretty sure a lot more people know about Soojin's scandal than even Gidle themselves

Maybe but if i remember correctly the scandal did get out of the k-Pop circle and people were demanding for him to leave that's we have to give it to JYP for doing a good at handling the scandal and minimizing the damage on both the group and Hyunjin cube literally let Soojin handle the situation and say whatever statement she had on her mind the right way to handle that scandal was to apologize to the the actress her school mate and move on overall the situation was badly handled

• I hate this one sided bashing of cube, yes they didn't handle this case the best, but there are a lot that lead to things turning out this way not just their mishandling. Firstly, idk why people fully blame cube for allowing Soojin to release the statements that she did and never Soojin herself for what she wrote. Idols are not perfect and faultless, unfortunately she never wrote her statements in the best way and came out as too provocative and unapologetic to the public. Also, this case was a whole mess since the beginning with all its multiple accusers, contradictory statements from different parties and an actress' involvement. The case gained way too much traction to be treated the same as any of the other cases and unfortunately Soojin herself said that she would leave what happened turned out to be true and even though the results now don't prove her definitely guilty, it also doesn't prove her innocence either. I think the only thing that could have saves Soojin would have been if her and cube had taken the apologetic route from the start rather than I don't remember so I didn't do it which was a fault on both of their parts. I feel like cube actually wanted to keep Soojin otherwise they would have terminated her contract much earlier, they had a reputation for dropping people like hot potatoes before this so if they really didn't want her, they would have dropped her from the start. They probably don't want to counter sue because this case has already dragged on for too long, it's really sad that Soojin had to leave the group and she will forever be missed as such a key player in the group.

I kind of agree with your statement but i have to say that a company duty is to know how to handle this type of situations and know how to minimize the impact of the scandal on both idle and Soojin yet they weren't able to that the fact that pledis handled Mingyu's bullying scandal proves how much cube is shit

• This thread contains 8 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!