Seo Soojin

• I. Introduction

Soojin is a South Korean singer under BRD Entertainment and the former main dancer and vocalist of the South Korean girl group (G)I-DLE.

II. Early Life

With the advice of her mother, Soojin learned jazz dance at a young age. She found that she really liked to dance and so thought of becoming a singer ever since she was young.

She later went onto the path of taekwondo. As time passed, she realized that she is more interested in continuing learning to dance. She began attending a dance academy and then later as she became interested in singing she went to attend a vocal academy.Before her third year of high school, she received an offer from Cube Entertainment for an audition. At first, she felt more afraid than happy, but after taking time to consider the offer and thinking of it as a challenge, she decided to go to the audition. After a few auditions, she was accepted and began her trainee life with Cube Entertainment in 2016.

At some unknown time, Soojin was a trainee under DN Entertainment. She was originally supposed to be a member of the then-upcoming South Korean girl group VIVIDIVA under the stage name N.Na but withdrew from the group sometime in 2015.

III. Idol Career

On April 10, 2018, Soojin was revealed as the fourth member of Cube Entertainment's upcoming girl group (G)I-DLE. She debuted as the main dancer and sub-vocalist of (G)I-DLE on May 2, 2018 with their first mini album, I am. She would continue her role and also participate in writing of some of the groups' songs for their releases until her departure.

In February 2021, Soojin suspended her activities and went on hiatus due to school bullying allegations. She addressed the accusations in two separate statements and refuted the allegations. On August 14, 2021, Cube Entertainment announced that Soojin would be leaving (G)I-DLE. Her contract with Cube Entertainment was terminated on March 5, 2022.

On September 8, 2022, Soojin's legal representative released a statement regarding the ongoing lawsuit against the initial accuser. Although she was found not guilty by a school violence committee, no more evidence could be found confirming or denying the allegations, and Soojin decided to put an end to further legal procedures.

Following the statement released on her behalf by her legal representative, Soojin stayed private and away from the public eye until she opened her own personal Instagram account on June 30, 2023.

On October 16, 2023, media outlets reported that Soojin had signed an exclusive contract with a new label, BRD Communications, and that she would make her solo debut before the end of the year. BRD Communications opened their social media accounts on October 25, and announced Soojin's solo debut the following day with the release of a trailer for her first EP, AGASSY. It was released on November 8, 2023.

Soojin joined the fan messaging platform "fromm" on November 7, 2023.

On March 19, 2024, SOOJIN announced her official fandom name, "SEOTANG".

Her second solo release "RIZZ" was released on May 23rd, 2024.

IV. Fun Facts

- Her father didn’t want her to become an idol but she begged him for 2 years.

- Her nickname is cherry.

- Soojin loves to cook and can cook really well.

- She was the fox girl that appeared in Soyeon’s ‘Jelly’ MV.

- Her Cube Audition Song was: Boa’s No.1

- She’s the shyest member.

- She used to help Song Yuqi in arranging her eyebrows.

V. Discography

2023.11.08 - The 1st EP Agassy

2024.05.23 The 2nd EP Rizz