Rant about plastic surgery

• I can't imagine being as obsessed with what other people do to their bodies as the people in this thread are. Slippery slope to conservatism.

HA !

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don’t know how I feel about it.

It’s like guys preaching body positivity and yet who’s there when girls with fake xxxx are on tv/tiktok/dating shows etc?

You can be positive and there’s a guy/girl for everyone but realistically you don’t get anywhere if you’re ugly.

• Idols aside, plastic surgery is common amongst Koreans in general so…. there’s a deeper level of cultural obsession with it.

But hey, that’s what fans expect also. So that’s what fans get. Then as soon as an idol “goes too far” with plastic surgery all of a sudden they’re worried about the entertainer…. sorry that’s not how that works.

Maybe if fans stopped expecting every idol to have fake oval faces and fake double eye lids then maybe we can have normal faced idols as the norm of kpop. But that’s a long shot.

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

4ca3c94a140c38326868f624c2d5d1b062af8138.gifv

• Too much of anything is bad unfortunately, self control is needed in cases like these. I have an idea of who OP might be talking about...

honestly there’s a few idols who you can say have gotten too much work done…

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

• honestly there’s a few idols who you can say have gotten too much work done…

I really feel bad. I'm not the type to really care whether someone is natural or not as I have said before in much more vulgar terms lmao, if someone is pretty then they are pretty. The problem is that people will criticize them if they are natural and have flaws, demanding surgery. Then they will get mad at PS because its fake.

Hire me today! Click here for odd jobs!

23fc460d0e0e3936feb9ce9aa81ba668a87e24c5.pnj 0c57a5feb50c6bc55ddb4065251a47cc62d0ba03.pnj 118e1161bf96634e3f4522011f8ee6904cae72df.pnj

• I really feel bad. I'm not the type to really care whether someone is natural or not as I have said before in much more vulgar terms lmao, if someone is pretty then they are pretty. The problem is that people will criticize them if they are natural and have flaws, demanding surgery. Then they will get mad at PS because its fake.

That’s the problem with the kpop fandom especially knets. They themselves forget everyday Koreans don’t naturally look like how they want kpop idols, especially female ones, to look like.

Doesn’t help that you have companies that pressure you to get it.

People forget idols are pressured to not only get plastic surgery, but to go on inhumane diets to achieve a certain look. Sure someone can just get a double eyelid surgery, seems minor enough, but if you suffer from a mental disorder that plastic surgery is not going to truly help with it in the long run. Then mix that with the pressure of looking a certain way, it’s a recipe for disaster.

• Best Answer

It's body dysmorphia. No matter what they fix, they still see flaws and unfortunately there are a lot of shitty doctors who just want money and will continue to prey on them. I have a coworker who had weight loss surgery and finally saved enough money for plastic surgery to deal with her excess skin, the doctor she went to initially tried to talk her into getting her breasts and face augmented too. Thankfully she realized it and found a better doctor, but there are so many people out there on the edge because of illness and these leeches are shoving them off.

I really do think that plastic surgery should require at least one mental health consult before it happens. I'm all for taking the steps to change something you don't like, but I just think there should be precautions.

• I have no issue with plastic surgery if it is to correct a disfigurement from an accident, but if it is just to change their looks and get repeated procedures done to a point where their face is unrecognisable like some Hollywood stars then it's a bit questionable imo.

• I kind of agree with you. I don't think addiction is good, and it should be taken care of.

But recently I have been reading the webtoon My Id Is Gangnam Beauty and it has been an eye opener for me.

To Pikachu-Senpai, the most loving person on this forum

The one who always supported me and others

I will never forget you

<3 I miss you Pikachu <3

Whenever those days come
    You tell me how precious I am
    All those words you say
    Everything’s alright
    From nobody to somebody
    I become a very special me

You make me feel special

It's only winter here even in June

Snowflakes fall down

And fall apart little by little

I miss you(I miss you)

bogo shipda

BTS Blackpink Twice Sakura

ezgif.com-gif-maker - 2021-06-29T174142.674.gif

• I have no issue with plastic surgery if it is to correct a disfigurement from an accident, but if it is just to change their looks and get repeated procedures done to a point where their face is unrecognisable like some Hollywood stars then it's a bit questionable imo.

face AND body, then they try to pass it off as natural by marketing products to young fans that they can just buy a body lotion to get the same look. It’s disgusting.

• Yeah, I still think Naeun looked prettier before, but SK seems to love her visuals as they are. So, I guess it's just a me thing/preference. Namjoo, I just feel bad about since people made it such a big deal back then. Though, no one really seems to care now.

No it's not just you.

Naeun is one of my minor biases. And think she was one that most beautiful girls I've ever seen prior to surgery. She had nothing to fix. She's still one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen. But I think she was definitely prettier before.

I think that there's a belief and sometimes outside pressure that one has to have a perfect sculpted face that surgery strives for. A belief that that "perfection" is what makes one beautiful. But I think it goes against how often people actually perceive beauty. The natural character of a face often has a beauty and charm that is actually what draws that attraction. Because it emphasizes their unique character, rather than a template.

For instance, Naeun got her nose done presumably because she thought her natural nose wasn't attractive enough, probably thought it was too big and flat. But I think actually it gave her a lot of charm. She had a cute pudgyness about her nose that complemented her beauty so well in its own way. I still remember some of her older selcas. Her smile and nose were some of the most adorable things I loved about her look.

She's still absolutely gorgeous. But some of that original quirk of natural features was lost unnecessarily.

If she's happy and content. I'm happy for her. And am not trying to tell her she made the wrong choice.

But I definitely am in the camp of being cautious about surgery. I think it's something that is a very hard thing to do. And a lot of the time I don't think the doctors are able to do it well, even the supposed expert ones.. And I think people discount their own natural charm. And can have the potential to reinforce insecurities. And as you indicated above. It's often a situation you can never reverse once you commit.

I'm not necessarily anti-plastic surgery. As my ultimate bias Yoona has had surgery. Hers I think is one of the rare instances where whatever doctors or process they did turned out incredible.

But I think it's a tricky endeavor with permanent life altering consequences. And I hope people really consider why they want do change themselves in that way, and if it's best for them.

Any way I'm rambling.

★ RESIDENT TZUYU FANBOY ★

TWICE ★ SNSDWEEEKLY ★ WOO!AH!

WZDCfEj.jpg

• its ok to ramble

this is a rant thread anyway

i dont care if it offends anyone

u r m o m g a y

AbZGllVRsnpl5pxHYfIarZK-IaNY14aEMtHoGeF5HnRRwEFbkNMjy-f8SHJXaZxspe9ZzCRRYS3UoI4=s640-nd-v1-rwa

• That’s the problem with the kpop fandom especially knets. They themselves forget everyday Koreans don’t naturally look like how they want kpop idols, especially female ones, to look like.

Doesn’t help that you have companies that pressure you to get it.

People forget idols are pressured to not only get plastic surgery, but to go on inhumane diets to achieve a certain look. Sure someone can just get a double eyelid surgery, seems minor enough, but if you suffer from a mental disorder that plastic surgery is not going to truly help with it in the long run. Then mix that with the pressure of looking a certain way, it’s a recipe for disaster.

well this got carried away real fast

the idol i was talking about didnt just get the mandatory company "fix"

there's many idols that keep tweaking constantly with age and at one point it gets too jarring

u r m o m g a y

AbZGllVRsnpl5pxHYfIarZK-IaNY14aEMtHoGeF5HnRRwEFbkNMjy-f8SHJXaZxspe9ZzCRRYS3UoI4=s640-nd-v1-rwa

• I wish I knew which idol OP is talking about. :/

But yeah, I wish idols and people in general were more accepting of their looks. Lots of idols do some work on their face even though they already look great the way they are. That's unfortunate, especially when it's overdone and doesn't look natural anymore.

• I think the issue is everything in moderation...

anything done too much whether it be food, PS, drugs etc etc becomes an addition and is a bad thing...

moderation is key!!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!