My ID is Gangnam Beauty

• I. Introduction

My ID is Gangnam Beauty is a south korean television series starring Im Soo-hyang and Cha Eunwoo.

Based on the webtoon of the same name published in 2016 in Naver Webtoon, it centers on the life of a college student who went under cosmetic surgery to evade derision from her bullies, yet her decision seems to backfire as her peers ridicule her artificial look.
    The title of the webtoon and of the TV series alludes to the Korean word gangnammiin (gangnam beauty) a derogatory term in South Korea for people who are attractive but look as if they went through a number of plastic surgeries for a pretty face, a hot body or both.

The series aired on JTBC from July 27 to September 15, 2018, every Friday and Saturday at 23:00 KST.

It garnered praise for its portrayal of issues affecting South Korean society, particularly on its superficial beauty standards and discrimination on the basis of physical appearance.

II. Synopsis

Kang Mi-rae (Im Soo-hyang) decides to get plastic surgery

after years of being bullied because of her looks. Her "rebirth" seems successful at first, but as her life at the university unfolds, her plan starts to backfire. The pressure of being a "pretty girl" begins to get to her and, worse, those who can see through her surgery ridicule her and tag her as the ''Gangnam Plastic Surgery Monster''.

The drama follows Mi-rae's story of recovering self-esteem as she gets to know her classmate, and former schoolmate in middle school, Do Kyung-seok (Cha Eunwoo) who is quite cold but very affectionate towards his sister Do Kyung-hee (Kim Ji-min).Kang Mi-rae then helped Do Kyung-seok to arranged a meet-up with Kyung-seok estranged mother where he learned the truth behind the reason of his mother leaving his father which ultimately led him to also causes Kyung-seok to move out from his home which made his father to cut all financial support leaving Kyung-seok to fend for himself and later he and Kang Mi-rae work as design consultant in a home décor outlet. Later Kyung-seok found that he has fallen in love with Mi-rae and tries to win her heart.

III. Main Cast

Im Soo-hyang as Kang Mi-rae

Cha Eunwoo as Do Kyung-seok

Jo Woo-ri as Hyun Soo-ah

Kwak Dong-yeon as Yeon Woo-young