Having plastic surgery is not a shameful act

• Mini rant ahead.

Having plastic surgery is nothing to be ashamed of. If somebody is unhappy with their looks, I don't understand how it's anyone's business if they want to change them via surgery. People think their opinions about other's appearances are warranted. They're not.

I agree that some people take it too far. There should be a point where a surgeon sees their prospective client and says - no. You shouldn't be getting more surgery. But stigmatizing people who get ps is so ridiculous.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• honestly I only get why someone would do ear plastic surgery when they were born with 'donkey ears'

surprisingly no one seems to care about that in Korea

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• honestly I only get why someone would do ear plastic surgery when they were born with 'donkey ears'

surprisingly no one seems to care about that in Korea

Uh. I think big ears are a beauty standard in Korea. I've often seen people's ears highlighted, even when they themselves don't feel confident about them (example: Daisy former Momoland. Grew up in another culture and always kept her hair down and hid her ears and tried to cover them and was clearly not confident about them but the stylists kept revealing her big ears and I remember her covering them at times. I think her ears are cute but I wish she wouldn't have to show them if she's not confident about it)

mKl7Ghm.png

• Uh. I think big ears are a beauty standard in Korea. I've often seen people's ears highlighted, even when they themselves don't feel confident about them (example: Daisy former Momoland. Grew up in another culture and always kept her hair down and hid her ears and tried to cover them and was clearly not confident about them but the stylists kept revealing her big ears and I remember her covering them at times. I think her ears are cute but I wish she wouldn't have to show them if she's not confident about it)

Here in my country (Poland) when I was kid I remember that in my neighbourhood was one boy who had ear correction ps, something like on photo below, and later in time also I saw one girl who had it. Surprisingly because I saw their parents, both fams had 'normal' ears, kids were just born this way so it was probably treated as 'correction' surgery to make things right. Because here no one cares about small lips, big lips, big nose, small nose, eyelids when you are a kid/teenager...

onr.png

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Wow op is the definition of progression and open mindness. 👏

But I have a question, if you would get married and your husband showed you his old pic pre plastic surgery and he was ugly as fuck, how would you react to that?

What about if a guy was nice but too plastic looking, would you still date him?

I am not against plastic surgery btw. I have got nose job already lol. 😆 but there are some idols who look too plastic that turn me off.

• Wow op is the definition of progression and open mindness. 👏

But I have a question, if you would get married and your husband showed you his old pic pre plastic surgery and he was ugly as fuck, how would you react to that?

I am not against plastic surgery btw. I have got nose job already lol. 😆

this sounds like that story when man married beautiful woman, then they've had kids who were hm... journals described them as 'not-so-pretty', and husband sued wife and it was revealed that she had multiple plastic surgeries so he blamed that kids 'take after her' and court ruled that she needs to pay husband 120k due to marriage on false pretenses.

• this sounds like that story when man married beautiful woman, then they've had kids who were hm... journals described them as 'not-so-pretty', and husband sued wife and it was revealed that she had multiple plastic surgeries so he blamed that kids 'take after her' and court ruled that she needs to pay husband 120k due to marriage on false pretenses.

Lol I remember that. It's not a true story tho, isn't?

• I wouldn't care. I had one PS myself years ago and have been very satisfied with it.

I don't know about a nice guy who was too plastic looking as you said. I'd like to be attracted to the person I was in love with and I don't know if it would work if I was not attracted to my partner and I can't say if I would be into them or not as the situation hasn't happened to me yet.

mKl7Ghm.png

• i dont think this is true with public figures.

i understand cosmetic surgery in some major cases, like with wendy after her accident but a lot of the circumstances here are just people wanting to be absolutely perfect from head to toe.

seriously, when did it become normal to hide insecurities through cutting and pasting your body? i understand in some cases it can be extremely hard to live with some part of you being abnormal by a good amount, and that's understandable. but what is it with people with ethnic noses, or regular faces destroying their features to a certain point where you look like every other white girl-

if you're a public figure, it's fine if you do ps, but if you continue to claim that you havent gotten it done, then you're no longer a victim of unrealistic beauty standards that made you do the ps, you're the one perpetuating those standards.

the only kpop idols i can think of who were open about their ps were jessi with her boobs and jooe with her nose.

i dont think plastic surgery is a good thing. i dont think it's the one stop shop to fix insecurities. i just think it's the beauty industry preying on young and vulnerable girls to have their boobs and their butt done to "look better" and having them change their faces all together. on top of being extremely expensive, these procedures are also risky.

with the way we keep normalizing things like this, perhaps in a few more years not having plastic surgery will be strange. i dont like what kind of example this sets to kids. i've seen kids around me hold their noses to make them seem smaller in the mirror, i've seen them cry about how they're not pretty (at the age of 4) and this is only worse for people with darker skin colors and bigger ethnic noses.

i think plastic surgery industry is just as bad as the skin whitening one, if not worse. the people buying into these are only victims if theyre honest with how they're buying into these.

anyways, remember that you inherited your face from a long line of ancestors, and you're giving up that sacred inheritance when you decide to model your face after someone else's.

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• when it comes to personal life, I dont give a shit who had surgery and who didnt

the present them that I interact is is all that matters to me

and I would absolutely be against someone I know and love getting surgery but...if they really believe it's gonna improve their physical or mental health, sure

that said, I dont think I will put a person who had work done with a naturally beautiful person

PS : as an artist, I'm allowed to be mad at badly done surgery pls

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• if one dares to go under the knife knowing of side effects and complications, it is desperation and pain. the problem in kpop arises when fans gossip and look for others in the past. and once they find something unfavorable, they base their lives on it and use that one thing as a bargaining chip. you know who among us didn't have a bad photo in their life? if I showed my photo from primary school, I would be accused of plastic surgery in the world of idols. one photo is not proof.

but I also think that it is worth normalizing and talking about it. it is not a crime. if a man really feels bad in his body, let him change it. I really don't see the need to judge on that.

• Plastic surgery itself is not bad but being forced to go under the knife is definitely is. I bet kpop companies do it all the time and not only them a lot of industries tbh, I pointed them out because it's a norm in Korea. It shouldn't be the norm to want to enhance features that don't need it to begin with because celebs do it.

Younger fans often feel insecure about it and start questioning , "if that's how they look naturally, why can't I too?".

That's just my personal take but if a person is dysphoric about their looks without the influence of a celebrity that claims to be natural even though they went through a lot of procedures that's completely okay.

edit:- Also it raises ridiculous standards on how one should look like.

• Yuppp. Surgery is none of your business. People can do whatever they want with their bodies. If they are happy and healthy, there's no issue.

And no one is "better" if they don't have plastic surgery either. That shit really doesn't matter, and we shouldn't judge people for getting plastic surgery.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!