Netizens find Freezia's Chinese vlog with kimchi subtitled as 'pao cai'

• Netizens find Freezia's Chinese vlog with kimchi subtitled as 'pao cai'

AVvXsEjaub8hj1lGBMk1emsv8K7FFVVcf1DgfEg7VSyPKGXUBSvu6QLpXGRLHk0NSYm1eMCYTB-W9Baywr91DGE0rWlGc4lRpx0CQqPg5jH_y1OTRmMI-sQU8zuTIxm3mdR-St5LyrbKRW_m91BPXBH6wvD0Cv3Ns3R5POhWuLwJqg3Vrar9GnZcxNkQeZPr=w640-h354

AVvXsEgPXcokCw1vb_AUaYRoMoeWqQBBxqQQGsVaAErxHwG0TWnYAhJ3jSXpUjnvyzercOnQSZxmzZ57Qm4yus-ewJKddimkZkpi-HRYsv3ZC0vvPSI_qTrlSjbGnmcZGIMWDC5Ywn1pd5fE8Tos_vvU0q0s-69-liFL8jwhe_qc0w3c-XDLljwBpx70UMbQ=w640-h376

AVvXsEgmdySewT51UicPhL8FRHabBtETNxc_o8Xi_mMhcG1SDvrfDkqrhgkctF1ATCpJdMTBf1Bpm1CCVM_p1Bi88gjvuNF-9jW95YtX499lsea-cbwZ8G3lMbzDXmLwxz1EXOXPmvdvvPmyPAGfe4p7FzH2R1cuFSbpPAwl1k9xZ8tRuTbMyuuHC4a-clI0=w640-h354

Video: Knock-off Freezia under controversy for 'pao cai' subtitle on Chinese channel referring to kimchi

Source: TBig News via YouTube

1. [+360] Hul... this is goodbye for real, I refuse to hold back on this

2. [+186] Song Jia did not buy one or two fakes but over 200. And that's only what we've found... I don't believe that she bought such a large amount of fakes at some random kiosk, especially when it's illegal in our country and you have to be hush hush when you do go out of your way to buy it. I believe that there must've been a fakes company that was supplying her and her purchases probably qualify for investigation. And while working as a Chinese influencer, it's already upsetting enough that she was praising China so much but to be calling kimchi 'pao cai' and celebrating Chinese holidays? It's pretty obvious that she's being funded by Chinese investments. Her career in Korea is effectively over, and Hyowon C&C needs to be investigated. Koreans need to wake up because Chinese money is flowing in to the country and taking control of our celebrities and famous figures. Always be on the alert...

3. [+121] Please don't mess with our traditional Korean food kimchi ㅡㅡ for real

4. [+130] She's a great example of what happens when a cheap person tries to act like they're more luxurious than they are. She's totally being exposed now.

5. [+55] Kimchi must be called kimchi no matter where you are in the world

6. [+42] She really crossed the line with this one ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+37] Kimchi is pao cai? Are you kidding me? Just go to China already

8. [+16] Sure... I understand the desire to make more money... and get famous... yes... but you'd sell your own country for it??? I wouldn't call myself a patriot but I fail to understand how she could do this...

9. [+35] ..? I can't shield this, goodbye

10. [+62] I didn't care for the other stuff about her scandal but messing with kimchi is crossing the line

11. [+48] How is there more and more the more you look into her ㅋㅋㅋ it's a knock-off inferno ㅋㅋㅋ

12. [+25] This is so crazy and so wrong ㅡㅡ goodbye

-

AVvXsEhA6xNsZB10aTOIYB0G3PP6fHObEJ38k0oPpEnOWH_y2YhmNZ5VJO7kYavx8YdSkOVUGA97n6bz1I_5oZSygVuYmrSgDtAq86KbRKV2fztUvNYWB4bka5sk-myO8d6BqdXKNe4BplX7TuJES4YSg1gNNsKvJrjwBXfOs5ptYRPT0AhNdaszM21pgmXR=s16000

Article: "Don't fall for her make up look" Kang Yong Suk under controversy for putting down Freezia's looks

Source: Chosun via Naver

1. [+5,779, -190] I fell for her make up looks... pro-China Song Jia... fell for her lighting tricks as well.. ㅎㅎ

2. [+1,746, -34] Enough about this Song Jia or Song Aji, why are all of the media outlets only putting out articles about this woman?

3. [+1,511, -36] That's a scam

4. [+1,527, -61] Her personality doesn't seem fake but her face is all make up... just disappointed that she loves China so much. We're at a time where we need to be cautious about that.

5. [+587, -1] Her looks are not important right now. She has a video up where she talks about kimchi jjim and calls it 'pao cai'. She needs to be kicked out for good.

6. [+748, -260] How old is she and why is she being witch hunted like this? If she's a '97er, she's just barely over 20 years old. Please draw the line here. It's normal at that age to be a tryhard, to make big mistakes. It's how you grow and learn. You all are going to kill a kid at this rate. I'm sure she's learned from her mistakes so stop witch hunting her. I'm actually worried about this kid now.

7. [+443, -91] You guys are going to kill another kid at this rate... let's stop it here, everyone~

8. [+226, -10] I already knew her face looked like this under make up. She can cake it on all she wants but she's still ugly ㅎ

9. [+193, -0] It's not about her looks that we're talking about... we're takling about her being some replica doll created by Chinese money

10. [+162, -7] I don't find her pretty even with make up on

• 6. [+748, -260] How old is she and why is she being witch hunted like this? If she's a '97er, she's just barely over 20 years old. Please draw the line here. It's normal at that age to be a tryhard, to make big mistakes. It's how you grow and learn. You all are going to kill a kid at this rate. I'm sure she's learned from her mistakes so stop witch hunting her. I'm actually worried about this kid now.

Finally a sensible soul ffs

there are way bigger issues than what she is doing,people are being so cruel to her over scraps

• omg poor girl

they are really trying to tear her apart '-'

i swear i didn't know her 3 days ago and now i see article everyday about a different thing knetz are hating her for

we understood you don't like her move on and don't give her attention

it's better than flooding her sns with hate and do tons of article about the controversy she's in

especially after seeing that her company said that she's really hurt by all th hate she's getting

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• I get being mad (intensity debatable) but isn't this just nitpicking... well duh she isn't natural and I don't think she ever tried to say otherwise, plus why would a korean person be pro china this doesnt make any sense

Edit: I'm double reading it again but he meant as in she doesnt look like her makeup self? Like how weird can you be

• You would think this girl killed someone instead of just did the same thing 90% of influencers do every day.

• Finally a sensible soul ffs

there are way bigger issues than what she is doing,people are being so cruel to her over scraps

I wouldn’t call it sensible considering they’re making it seem like Freezia is a child who didn’t know any better. She’s 24 years old, graduated college, and has been a beauty & lifestyle blogger for two years with millions of subscribers and followers. Her posting 200+ photos on social media featuring fake designer outfit was not a mistake. It was a deliberate attempt to fraud viewers and sponsors into thinking she was a legitimate rich socialite.

Also she has a Chinese sponsor that pays her. That’s why people think she thought she wouldn’t get caught wearing fakes since China it’s common and rampant to wear fake designer labels.

Edit: but yeah this chinese vlog issue thing is nitpicking. It’s basically her regular youtube vids having chinese subtitles and uploaded into a chinese website since youtube isn’t allowed in China.

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

4ca3c94a140c38326868f624c2d5d1b062af8138.gifv

• I wouldn’t call it sensible considering they’re making it seem like Freezia is a child who didn’t know any better. She’s 24 years old, graduated college, and has been a beauty & lifestyle blogger for two years with millions of subscribers and followers. Her posting 200+ photos on social media featuring fake designer outfit was not a mistake. It was a deliberate attempt to fraud viewers and sponsors into thinking she was a legitimate rich socialite.

Also she has a Chinese sponsor that pays her. That’s why people think she thought she wouldn’t get caught wearing fakes since China it’s common and rampant to wear fake designer labels.

Edit: but yeah this chinese vlog issue thing is nitpicking. It’s basically her regular youtube vids having chinese subtitles and uploaded into a chinese website since youtube isn’t allowed in China.

Nah bruh,I will never comply nor understand this type of online witch-hunting

As I've mentioned,people have done way worse.

• Nah bruh,I will never comply nor understand this type of online witch-hunting

As I've mentioned,people have done way worse.

No one will ever understand how knets function.

Also there’s always someone who has done worse.

The hate is amplified here because she didn’t have a solid fanbase to begin with to support her.

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

4ca3c94a140c38326868f624c2d5d1b062af8138.gifv

• Wow, k-netz are really trying to bury her?

Like, this is the stupidest thing I have seen come out about this girl.

They are trying to completely cut her off with no room to return by painting her as pro-China. Stop trying to conflate one thing she did into something else.

At this point, I think it was stupid of her agency to send her to Single's Inferno. Maybe she would have been caught eventually, but at least I don't think she would be targeted this badly if her career had stayed on YouTube.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• And she would still have 600k followers instead of 3,6 mio.

• And she would still have 600k followers instead of 3,6 mio.

Is that worth her mental health though?

Her agency has already come out and said she is in shock about all this hate.

Who knows, I may be wrong, but if her career and will to promote are killed off by this, was it worth it?

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• you would think she murdered or hurt someone with the way shes getting shit on but then again she already had a lot of antis so I'm not shocked to see all of them jumping on this bandwagon. I refuse to believe their are actually people out there genuinely hurt that she wore fake branded items.. :pepe-cringe:

as for the subtitles.... it's obvious she didn't type out the Chinese subtitles.

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Is that worth her mental health though?

Her agency has already come out and said she is in shock about all this hate.

Who knows, I may be wrong, but if her career and will to promote are killed off by this, was it worth it?

It just need to die down and she need to refocus. People still follow her.

I donno. Don’t care. But the hate man…

• It just need to die down and she need to refocus. People still follow her.

I donno. Don’t care. But the hate man…

We'll see.

I hope for her sake. But if she's worse off after than before, than it was not worth the 3 million or so followers she gained.

Maybe she will rebrand. Personally, I do care. I don't want her dreams to die over something ignorant she did at 24.

• We'll see.

I hope for her sake. But if she's worse off after than before, than it was not worth the 3 million or so followers she gained.

Maybe she will rebrand. Personally, I do care. I don't want her dreams to die over something ignorant she did at 24.

I think a lot of people don’t realize how much words can hurt - even the strongest.

I hope she us offline and not reading this crap.

• I honestly don't get people are attacking her for her looks.....like seriously 🙄. She made a mistake, but that doesn't mean people should be tearing into her for her looks to subtitles she didn't even make lol.(cuz in petty sure she doesn't speak Chinese. .)

Looks like she had alot of jealous antis who were hiding before the scandal and just came out full force. The more i see these petty ass articles the more this scandal looks ridiculous.

• uhhhh with all due respect the literal translation of kimchi in Chinese is Pao Cai!!!!

that's the chinese word for kimchi!!!!

Well when people are angry they're not gonna research lol. They just want something to be mad about.....

• Well when people are angry they're not gonna research lol. They just want something to be mad about.....

yeah but it's a Chinese vlog in Chinese lol

oh well CJK netizens are always "interesting" they consume each other countries content ravenousnessly and yet will not hesitate to shit on them at the same time

• uhhhh with all due respect the literal translation of kimchi in Chinese is Pao Cai!!!!

that's the chinese word for kimchi!!!!

But still different.

We have something like kimchi here but I’d still translate kimchi as kimchi if I was korean.

• But still different.

We have something like kimchi here but I’d still translate kimchi as kimchi if I was korean.

but the korean word for kimchi is 김치 apparently but it's a Chinese vlog so they have to use chinese words no? lol

I mean even in English you would use the english words "kimchi" and not 김치 right?

• this whole situation has turned into a witch hunt. She's getting treated worse then some actual criminals...

i hoped we might have gotten a distorted image with so many sites translating articles about this, but seems not like it.

girl has been called out enough, it's just hating atp

• Lmao we are so close to an international war and they are fighting over the name of a food.

Anyway, most YouTubers don't translate their vlogs, usually, they don't even hire someone. Sometimes they leave a link to a place where fans can translate it and simply use them. Some youtubers simply put the subtitles in google translate and use them, I saw big youtubers who have the worst translations in English (despite the fact that their income comes from English speakers, but that's another story). So this is really not her fault, most probably the company manages the yt account so it's their fault for not investing and paying attention.

• The same people that make you rise, make you fall too. Influencer is a risky career in this sense, they suffer more with cancel culture since their fans are into them because of their image, and if something damage their image is like the end of the career.

Jia as someone that wanted to build a fashion brand could have been more thoughtful, brands won't want to work with you if you promoted their fakes online. But that's it, she became a punchbag for something that isn't even that serious, they could just unfollow her and stop watching their content, but sounds too lenient to them. I hope Jia has a strong mentality, because if not... we can be the witness of a tragedy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• what?

Kimchi translated to Chinese is literally Pao Chai? Like there is no other words for kimchi? If it's korean kimchi, they just add a Korean to the front, it becomes Han Guo Pao Chai (Korean Kimchi). If it's Japanese, then they put Japan at the front. that's it. people are so dumb.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

KEEP TALKING WE SHUT YOU DOWN.

• Ok but

Mandarin Speaker here

Kimchi is literally a form of pao cai (泡菜)

There's greens - The cai (菜)

There's the fermentation - The pao(泡) in pao cai refers to fermentation

Pao Cai is a category of dishes, and is used to refer to any number of types of pickled vegetables.

They wanted to hate so much that they literally blew up over a non-issue.

I get Freejia (freezia?) had a proven fraud but like this is going too far.

Edit: if there is a criticism, Freejia could have used 韩国泡菜 to refer to kimchi -- there isn't really a specific way to refer to pickled vegetables other than describing origin, contents, or features. In the case of 韩国泡菜 (Han Guo Pao Cai) (dir.trans.: Korean pickled vegetables) it refers to kimchi by origin and directly translates to kimchi on translate

Google Translate

• This thread contains 20 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!