Posts by VVisual

Interesting thoughts!

But I think the change in looks for India, Indonesia and Vietnam wouldn't have helped. The problem was the language and the lack of Koreans.

If they had sung in Korean and had a few Korean members, then it might have established them as a more acceptable KPOP act. Singing in English took them too far away as an Asian act never mind KPOP.

WayV singing Chinese on Korean shows is an outlier because it is backed by a Big 3 in SM and the members came from a concept, NCT, that everyone knew would create subunits across Asia. If we are lucky enough to get a Vietnamese or Indonesian version of NCT, I guarantee you it would also get on Korean shows like WayV.

I thought the Vietnamese ZGirl, Queen, looked fine. You shouldn't need to change her:nob:

8CC15D05-887C-4F3E-96BD-F207E89E2D2A.jpeg

BC0160C1-192B-4E57-A448-BD718E502D7C.jpeg

Dilraba vs Lusi behind the scene in "The Long Ballad"! So hilarious!

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Longer version of the Lin Yi/Gu Weiyi kissing behind-the-scene:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So cute and romantic! And I'm not talking about the fictional scene. It feels romantic even with the film crew all around them. Though if it were me, I wouldn't be able to stop laughing. lol

KPOP might be global but its idols don't make much compared to what they make locally in China. The former EXO-M -- Tao, Luhan and Kris -- make far more than their Korean teammates and likely more than any KPOP idol with possible exception of BTS. Even Lay, still with SM, makes most of his income in China. There is a reason why they are in China and not Korea. There is far more money there. Outside BTS, the "global" market for KPOP (or any other Asian pop) simply can't generate the same revenues as China alone. Why do you think Koreans recruit Chinese trainees? Because they like Chinese people? LoL. Of course, it is because of economics.

So viewing that -- I'd say Lisa is more well known than Sunnee but I am not convince that she actually makes that much more money. And if you take away Lisa's China CFs . . .

Sunnee is also signed by Universal which is literally the top music label globally. She had sold over 5M digital albums as a solo artist in China. Can Lisa do that in Korea? Her CFs includes Dove, McDonalds and many other international and national Chinese brands as a Rocket Girl.

Considering KPOP's split between company and idol is 90/10 (JYP gets 90% of Lisa's CFs), I think it is even more likely that Lisa and Sunnee have pretty comparable income.

OMG! The visuals of both seniors and trainees from those photos are just insane.

My favorites are of my avatar, Ju Jingyi and Mika and Meiqi and Liu Yu!

Romantic as heck!!!

Kiku and her boys! Angels!

Meiqi and Liu Yu are like male and female mirrors of one another! So equally beautiful and powerful in dance. Wow.

All that money in Korea? Where?

Victoria's best 8 dramas since 2012. Not one in Korea.

She had been paying SM until now even though all her income comes from China not Korea.

Uneducated Korean haters. lol

True and they support and believe the CCP because they brainwashed them, everybit of media is " the world is against us" and everything they see outside overseas contradicts that until a hot button issue comes up like the dangerous and fake vaccines Western countries reject and the whole concentration camps, genocides when that's brought up it reinforces that brainwashing. Overseas they think hmm maybe it's not as bad as we were told, then that comes up and boom yep the gov was right all along the world is bad. You see the biggest problem is how well the CCP hooked these people. Your average chinese can't differentiate them from the country which allows them to double down on nonsense. Criticism of the government is seen as direct criticism of them. Unlike other countries where people can tell the difference between themselves and the country

I think the brainwashing theory is pure BS.

Countries that brainwash their people don't let their people leave the country -- completely opposite to what China does. Again, the North Korea or the old USSR kept their people from leaving. East Germans used to shoot people trying to escape to West Germany.

Because brainwashing never holds true in the real world which is why you need to brainwash people in the first place.

China floods the world with record amounts of tourists and students unlike N. Korea or the Soviet Union. So how does this "brainwashing" even work when those people experience directlty the "freedoms" and the "wealth" of the outside world?

How can China allow such freedom of movement and risk its people knowing the truth?

Maybe the truth is that China does very well for its people. People are growing wealthy. The infrastructure with its high speed rail and airports is world class. The cities with its metros functions even better than some in the West.

Maybe that is why Chinese people support their country. People will fight tooth and nail to support a country that is making lives better for them.

The truth is there is no way a country based on slave labor can create the world largest movie box office, buy the most luxury brands and have bars dedicated to the biggest physical buys for KPOP groups.

Slaves destroy the job market because who wants to pay for labor when you have slaves? But China has the most massively increased income for any country in the past four decades. And it is growing even now though it seems the US and the West is trying to stop this growth in wealth before it passes them.

I really hope there will be hoa viets Cpop idols or trainees who will not be afraid of embracing their vietnamese side. Just like the DD52 girls with one of them wearing ao dai.

Seen some vietnamese fanpages of Cpop, but they are a minority. I feel many vietnamese are still anti-China and I kind of understand why too. The political tension between the two countries are not decreasing.

If I were Hanbin, I should ask Belift to terminate my contract, so I can audition for other agencies where the chances for debut are higher. I think Vietnam needs to go the nugu route. Like Dita from Indonesia with SN and look how well they are doing. Despite coming from a small company.

Yes, I think there is a lot of anti-Chinese sentiment among Vietnamese. But you'd be surprised. There is a huge amount of Viet-subbed videos on YT on C-ent -- music, dramas, Tiktok, movies, animations, etc.

To be honest, it is how I found stuff when I started getting into CPOP. Far easier to type in names of Chinese songs in quoc ngu (Viet alphabets) than chinese characters.

Like my avatar, Cuc Tinh Yi:

The funny thing is the Vietnamese subbed videos often get millions of hits more than the original Chinese ones on YT.

The Viet-subbed version of Mang Chung had 57M views:

Anyways, China and Korea and Japan have a lot of antipathy as well. Maybe even worse than China and Vietnam. But there were Chinese trainees on Korean Produces and 17 Japanese trainees on Chuang. So I hope culture can bring Asians together instead of apart.

As much as I want to see vietnamese on chinese survival shows, I think the chance for that to happen is very small. Like Korea, China doesn't see vietnamese as marketable, and not to mention the political tension between the two countries. Hoa viets I see more likely and we already have the girls in DD52 that we know of. I do hope there are Hoa viets in mainland China who are in Cpop that are willing to embrace their vietnamese side, and maybe show up in vietnamese showbiz.

For some months ago, I was confident Hanbin was going to debut. Now, I'm really unsure. Looking at HYBE plans that's been unveiled, I don't see any of the upcoming groups Hanbin could join. Giving his own twitter while other trainees don't, is a danger sign now when I think about it. Maybe HYBE is just using him to highlight their trainees? It's a dangerous conspiracy thought, but not impossible.

I'm almost certain there are/were Viet Hoas somewhere in CPOP. Most probably among the hundreds of contestants who've passed through IQIYI and Tencent survival shows. I knew there were some in Chinese cinema including Tsui Hark and Maggie Q who were A-list.

As for embracing their Vietnamese side, I could understand why they might not have bothered because of history. Many of them are there because their grandparents were forced out of Vietnam for having Chinese ancestry. Once in China, they probably want to get away from the stigma of being refugees. And the truth is, it is too easy for a Vietnamese even a full-blooded Kinh to blend into China without anyone knowing.

My mother's family were originally from Hanoi and a large number of their relatives went to China as refugees in 1970s. My grandparents from Saigon left by boat and were interred in Hong Kong before ending up in the US. My maternal grandparents had found and kept in touch with the China side of the family for years. But I guess the kids on both branches have lost touch since probably we've blended into our respective countries in the US or China.

The girls in Taiwan are younger and their family history more recent so their Vietnamese side is more fresh and they didn't have to go through the stigma of their parents being refugees.

I hope history can heal over time and we can have a single market across East and Southeast Asia.

As for Vietnamese marketbility, I really don't think they have issues with Vietnamese. Viet songs have gone viral on Douyin (Chinese Tik Tok) and of course you know about HKT (unfortunately.)

Sometimes, I don't think the C-ent companies understand how popular Chinese culture (Tik Tok, CPOP, CDrama) is in Vietnam. Because if they do, Tencent should be recruiting in Vietnam for their shows and not just Thailand and Malaysia. Just like RBW does for Korean companies.

I'm still hopeful for Hanbin but I can't start thinking it will automatically happen because it'll hurt if it doesn't. I still couldn't understand how Hanbin who ranked 4th can still not make the debuting lineup. I mean WTF? I already know he won't be in a group because there is absolutely no indication even when others (like Nicholas) were rumor and he was not. I just hope they will try him at solo. The twitter account sorta supports that. But I can't bank on anything.

Yes this is actually true, do some of the idols do it because they are brainwashed 10cent army? Yes but the vast majority aren't. If people would get their heads out of their own asses go live overseas for awhile, you will see just how dangerous the CCP is. What you just described in your post is 100% true that does happen should you not tow the party line.

More Chinese travel overseas than any other people. They buy more overseas than any other country.

https://www.indexmundi.com/fac…tors/ST.INT.DPRT/rankings

More Chinese attend college overseas than any other people.

https://www.statista.com/stati…-us-by-country-of-origin/

Yet so many of them go back to China and support their country. So why wouldn't their idols?

North Korea doesn't let its people out. But China does and they let more people travel and learn overseas than ANY "free" nation.

North Korea can't create the wealth for its people to travel and buy luxury goods. But China creates more wealth than even "free" nations for travel and luxury goods. How many "evil" communist regimes can produce this kind of wealth like China? All of them are poor as hell like North Korea.

My guess is the Chinese know more of the outside world than people know about China. They support China because the government had made them wealthy and educated and they are happy with that. They probably feel that the outside world is jealous and want them poor. If that is the case then they'll fight like hell to protect their own.

So how can they believe these stories about the Uighurs when there are Uighurs everywhere in China including many of their top actors? And those accusations are coming from not muslim countries but from the US and the West who call China an enemy?

In fact, China just signed a huge deal with Iran and are sending vaccines to Turkey, UAE, Egypt, Pakutan, Bangladesh, etc. while the West rejects Chinese vaccines. Why are muslims so much friendlier to China? You think Chinese people and their idols don't notice this?