Idols who doesn't fit the "Korean Beauty Standard" but made it to stardom

• jhope recently made it to the news when he posted about watching swf

This isn't about popularity. It's about beauty standards. And as we all know, RM and J-Hope don't live up to those weird Korean beauty standards. That's why Jin is the visual.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Joy doesn't fit the Korean visual standard

• There are a lot groups, especially those who debuted before 2014 who often get randomly called as "ugly" or "not like the Korean beauty standart" and I don't really like it, because when people for example say that the member of VIXX would be out of "norm" or "ugly" I often wonder if they forgot how the members even look like since especially Leo is literally one of the hotest Korean men ... I mean many years ago as VIXX was way more popular people almost talked about Leo as they do nowadays with Kang Daniel or Wonho ...

The same goes to literally all members of BIG BANG, since for many people, especially Gen-Z they probably come off as "ugly" but ask Millenials or Gen-Y and they proably give you random answers as like that GD or Taeyang would be hot in their opinion.

I also think that the majority of member in WINNER falls into the same cathegory. The only one I would exclude is Jinu since he is totaly cute haha

In newer groups debuted after 2015 it is a bit harder to find someone, but I would say Bobby from iKON and maybe even DK, June, Song, Chan etc. fall into the same cathegory and the only one I would exclude is Jay because he is a total tiny cute boy

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• money was very popular though the song was everywhere (including Korea) I notice a lot of Koreans did dance covers. also, you'll notice it if you watch SWF/SDGF they use that song even in auditions. Lisa might not appeal to them but she is definitely popular.

• I notice a lot of Koreans did dance covers

yeah dance covers groups, they cover every song even from nugu

also, you'll notice it if you watch SWF/SDGF they use that song even in auditions

a lot of song have been use in audition on swf etc... without the artist being popular

i love money and lisa but let's not lie to ourself lisa is far from being popular individually in korea among non-kpop fans,

if it was the case and Money was everywhere in korea and even with the big success that Money receive internationnally wouldn't Money have charted in Korean music platform,considering that big internationnal music have been doing well in korean chart this year like Shiver by ed sheeran or Peaches, stay etc.. but it didn't proving that in contrary of members like Jennie and Rosé who confirm their popularity in korea thanks to their solo, Lisa isn't really popular in korea

lisa solo once again prove that lisa isn't popular among koreans, she's popular among blinks and kpop fans that's it and that most of the big support she receive doesn't come from korea but international people

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• no it's not even comparable with nugu dance covers ( that aren't many) and I meant popular Korean dance channels making dance covers of money, honestly money was everywhere the song was trending not only in the US but in Korea so no that's not it. Pretty sure if you ask a Korean about the song money they at least heard about it since it was played a lot.

Lisa is the least popular in Korea but she is definitely still known for her dancing all the members are known in Korea so let's not pretend she is a nugu. Blackpink is probably one of the few Korean groups when the GP knows all members

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!