Kpop fans find it easier to hate....

• idols that don't fit the beauty standard?

the majority of idols and idol groups have gotten in some sort of "problematic" controversy, and yet who are the idols that get ridiculed the most, even years after their offense?

soyeon, hwasa, rm, bangchan, wendy, jimin, etc.

i'm not saying these idols haven't done bad things (they have) or that they don't deserve criticism (they do), i just find it strange how they get treated much harsher, compared to "visual" idols who have done the same things (or even worse) and the kpop community forgives them with open arms.

i think it's a very blatant example of lookism, but I could be wrong, just a thought.....

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

• Oh, yeah.

But that's not only kpop idols.

There is this weird idea, coming from ancient times, where a 'beautiful' appearance also means that you have a 'beautiful' soul or something like that.

Edit : for the record, I don't think any of the quoted idols are 'ugly' in any way.

• But that signature- slay.

• It is an unfortunate fact of life that most people will treat you differently based on how you look. Isn't that why SK is so focused on how you look that a photo has been known to be a requirement to apply for jobs there?

It's sad when fans drag idols for their looks and reinforce this shallow standard of values in society. Most idols are also good looking. That is one of the reasons why they were chosen to debut. Has there ever been a truly ugly idol?

• RM is BEAUTIFUL tho :pepe-tongue: .

But yh I get what you mean...ppl are always harsher and less forgiving to the less conventional beauties of the world.

Sad.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!