Is Jennie the closest thing we have to a 3rd gen Suzy?

• I know that most of us here aren't Korean so we'll likely not know the real answer, but based on stats and receipts, is she the closest thing to a 3rd gen Suzy(in Korea)?

- Ranked 6th in highest paying acts in CFs/advertisement this year, she made 5 billion won in 2021

- This year alone she deals with Vita500, ACE BED, Hera, Soju Chumchurum, Calvin Klein, Dashing Diva, Air Baked, Chanel and Gentle Monster

- Last year her Galaxy S20+ ad was the 3rd most viewed CF on SK YT

- #1 most searched female idol by teenagers in 2021

- Let's not forget how her two-toned hair during HYLT era was a whole trend

Not to mention both Jennie and Suzy have had deals with Dashing Diva, Soju Chumchurum, Vita 500 :pepe-tea:

• Before I would say tzuyu at her debut. Most searched female idol, made it to Gallup and was everywhere in sk till 2016 was the #2 most popular female idol with Sana at #1 in the army poll of 2019 tho she's has zero solo activity. Her magazine itself sold out 12/13 times in 2021.

Hwasa technically has the most high profile cfs in sk and has been appearing on Gallup since atleast 2018 this gen and Lisa is the most influential overseas.

BUT miss Jennie Kim is a force to be recokned with BOTH in sk and internationally. She's the only girl whos directly called the next Suzy. 3rd gen fans might shit on Suzy but that's fkn huge cuz Google cf queen and suzys Wikipedia page shows up. She's literally the nation's first love. Before you'd throw out names and hope they'd be called the cf queen but Jennie has this title on lock for 3rd gen. No one's touching her. Jennie is the only one who's be named as the one to dethrone Suzy both inside and outside sk.

Will Blackpink’s Jennie dethrone Bae Suzy as Korea’s ‘CF queen’?
    The K-pop idol signed three new brand endorsements this year, and they all have an important thing in common – they used to belong to Bae Suzy
    www.google.com

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Plus she's plastered in every other street in sk.

She's one of the most demanded faces for plastic surgery in sk, every other male idol, actor calls her his ideal type and she's most definitely this gens Suzy and it honestly baffles me she's not the sweet and "innocent" Korean housewife fantasy type. She's classy and has a unapologetic rbf(she as a person is reported to be very kind tho by many people). So it's honestly a pleasant surprise that she's the next cf queen especially with yg only allowing them to accept solo cfs so late. She has around 8 brands rn if I'm not wrong and has a crazy high impact on sales.

Desbundar

• People here are underestimating how big Suzy was. I get some fans weren't around at that time but she was huge!

Of course Jennie is hugely popular domestically too, but SK literally fell in love with Suzy.

• no. jennie is miles bigger than suzy because of her international fandom, and she doesnt lose to suzy in korea rn

the cfs are nice and all, and jennie is currently the most popular female idol (without a comeback, solo or group)

You are delusional if you think jennie is bigger than suzy at her peak in korea

• Suzy is miles bigger in korea all of her dramas have her an awards, 3 rookie awards entertainment/ drama/ soty even her duet with bark have an award.. have a lot of cf in korea… suzy is milesss and way bigger than Jennie in korea. Jennie has international cuz she’s in bp but don’t compare suzy with her in korea you don’t know anything about suzy if you’re a new kpop fan

• idk it's once again such a weird comparision

their vibes are totally different

Suzy is a girl next door type Korea loves so much, it makes more sense to compare her (for example) to Yoona in every regard

Jennie is femme fatal type, it makes more sense to compare her to idols like Seolhyun or Sunmi but they were never as big as Jennie so :wellr:

• no. jennie is miles bigger than suzy because of her international fandom, and she doesnt lose to suzy in korea rn

the cfs are nice and all, and jennie is currently the most popular female idol (without a comeback, solo or group)

Suzy was literally bigger than miss a

Suzy debuted like 10 yo ago she still has a shit of cf including dior and Lancôme

And she is a successful actress

Jennie is arguable more popular internationally but I still think Suzy is bigger

• I don’t think so, Suzy got famous partially because of her visuals and partially because of her acting. She also has the title of Nation’s First Love and is infinitely more popular than her group.

I’d argue that Jennie doesn’t match Suzy’s image at all and is not as relevant in Korea (no fault of Jennie’s, I doubt any idol will come close to Suzy’s peak). New k-pop fans very much underestimate Suzy’s Korean popularity, she was more popular than Yoona, IU and Taeyeon at her peak and is still more relevant than every 3rd and 4th gen idol group (except BTS, and some individual Exo members and maybe, Blackpink). Jennie is way more popular internationally though.

• People here are underestimating how big Suzy was. I get some fans weren't around at that time but she was huge!

Of course Jennie is hugely popular domestically too, but SK literally fell in love with Suzy.

Yeah, Suzy was single handedly carrying JYP for years at one point.. Yes Jennie is popular, I don't want to take anything away from her, but it's a completely different situation. Suzy debuted quickly as an actress and therefore had a more widespread appeal to the SK general population. She was known as the "nation's first girlfriend", aka, a pure, innocent, girl next door type. Jennie doesn't have any of this in common with her, it doesn't make much sense to compare the two.

Jennie may be bigger internationally but she's no where near as big as suzy was during her peak in Korea.

Suzy wasn't just a top idol she was the top Korean female celebrity period and was the highest paid actress in Korea at one point. Not to mention she is still a cf queen a decade into her career and was big enough to become the nations first love and still has that title to this day.

Jennie is super popular in Korea but she's not that far ahead of other it girls like hwasa, Irene or Seolhyun during their peaks and certainly isn't comparable to suzy tbh.

• People forget how limited Jennie's exposure has been in comparison to 2nd gen it girls Suzy and Yoona who both had established acting careers and were practically everywhere in SK during their peak. Jennie has had zero acting roles and didn't do any major Korean CFs prior to 2021. The last time she released music or was on a variety show by herself was over three years ago lol imagine how much more popular she would

be if she was actually promoted as an it girl

• People forget how limited Jennie's exposure has been in comparison to 2nd gen it girls Suzy and Yoona who both had established acting careers and were practically everywhere in SK during their peak. Jennie has had zero acting roles and didn't do any major Korean CFs prior to 2021. The last time she released music or was on a variety show by herself was over three years ago lol imagine how much more popular she would

be if she was actually promoted as an it girl

Jennie literally took over many of Suzy Cfs... so they were major.

• People needs to know suzy is a nation little sister and first love in korea and top 3 influential person not her group but her in her peak until now she still big. You can just compare her to iu in korea they’re walls in korea

• miss A’s Suzy Beats Girls’ Generation And Kim Tae Hee As The New Reigning CF Queen

She appeared in over 40 different CFs in 2015 alone (including multiple CFs from the same company).

In addition to solo CFs, Suzy has also collaborated with other top stars for ads, such as Lee Jong Suk. If only Suzy had an identical twin sister.

40 cf in 2015 she’s in different class!!!

• 40 cfs in a year?! I knew she was huge but that's insaneeeeeeee. I think hwasa has around 35 overall and Jenlisa have around 12 each. This trio are far ahead of other female idols this gen.

But 40 cfs in one year. Thats like more than twice of what people have their entire careers. Jfc Suzy is something else...

:peperich:

Desbundar

• 40 cfs in a year?! I knew she was huge but that's insaneeeeeeee. I think hwasa has around 35 overall and Jenlisa have around 12 each. This trio are far ahead of other female idols this gen.

But 40 cfs in one year. Thats like more than twice of what people have their entire careers. Jfc Suzy is something else...

:peperich:

she’s different class she have awards in every role she puts to not in the most popular gg but she said I don’t need group

• Suzy in a group that isn’t popular but she don’t need a group to be where she was pla don’t compare her in 3 rd gen it girls in korea she’s not only cf queen she has major awards in her own with her dramas and she nation first love

• yes and no, in term of relevance to some extent but definitely not same level in sk

but suzy was the nation's little sister, had a lovely image and was considered as a visual genius if not THE visual genius alongside Yoona which i don't think is the case for Jennie despite her being very pretty :eyes:

the one who came closest to Suzy in term of image, visual relevance was actually Tzuyu and if she was korean she could have probably have 10x more impact in sk

• Does suzy do global campaigns with them like jennie does with chanel and Calvin Klein? Jennie is the face of both coco neige and the 2022 jewellery campaign for chanel.

okay but don’t say she doesn’t have global cf when she have a global brands. So these chanel thing does Jennie Kim made more money than suzy ? Cuz suzy doubled jennies net worth. Do you thinks these global thing is everything when suzy is banking more money u keep comparing her with this 3rd gen when she’s in different class in korea go ahead claim the international but you don’t know her in kore

• This thread contains 26 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!