Posts by HyungHunter

The song sounds good! I'm a little disappointed there's no climactic "nmixx change up" part but the song is solid regardless.

The mv is quite disappointing though. Their trailer budgets looked way higher and the concepts looked way more creative and well executed and then this mv looks very cheap and basic.

To answer OP's question, it's difficult to compare for reasons already mentioned. But also twice were the undisputed #1 gg in every metric, not just of their generation but overall at the time.

Right now Newjeans has too much competition with Ive as well as other groups like Aespa and idle in their own generation. Then there's Blackpink who are the biggest gg in kpop atm, and then even 2nd gen gg like snsd and kara are having big comebacks.

Tbh, whether its easier or harder to chart now can be up for debate but one thing that's absolutely true is that the charts have changed a lot since 2016.

Not just the reforms on melon but also the fact that melon has been bleeding users and doesn't have anywhere near as many as they used to. Nowadays the #1 song getting 1 million unique listeners and maintaining them is almost unheard of. Most Koreans have been moving to other platforms like YouTube music.

That's why it's just not practical to compare the charts now to back then. Same with album sales and YouTube views, the kpop landscape has just changed so much in the last couple of years.

Kind of amazing this passed under the radar - two cases both basically had the same outcome, where the police said they couldn't prosecute or any further legal action as there was no standing for false statements or slander, one was Lia from Itzy, allowed to continue on. The other was Soojin from Idle, who couldn't.

The 2 situations aren't the same. Soojin put herself on the chopping block by promising to leave if the allegations weren't false and making that actress call her out by name.

Lia stayed silent throughout the whole thing and waited until evidence came out, clearing her name.

Cube didn't handle it well but at the end of the day Soojin also made the situation a lot worse for herself as well.

I was very surprised at this, the she's very good dancer, but as far as I've heard in cover songs, her voice tone is not good she's probably vocally more weak than Lily and Haewon. Even if Jyp brought Sullyoon forward, it would make more sense because her voice was pretty good. I think JYP should focus Sullyoon, Jinni and Lily M as far as I can see they are more talented voice and performance vise. Also, they are more popular, it would have been more logical for them to focus 3 more popular members at the beginning.

Kyujin is the 3rd best vocalist in nmixx after Lily +Haewon, but it's not like it matters since this was a rap focused song and she mainly got rap parts.

Sullyoon and lily are already pretty heavily pushed as it is. Lily already has several individual projects confirmed before we've even gotten their first comeback stage at a music show. Sullyoon is the face of the group and is literally the thumbnail for all of their mv's. Haewon is also the only member that's booking MC gigs.

Kyujin has the most lines because she's the main rapper, dancer and unofficial centre and dice is a rap and dance focused song. Kyujin is probably the member with the least push outside of having more lines and screen time in this one song.

I feel like the people calling this a miss a situation never actually stanned miss a because the 2 situations aren't alike at all.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Psycho:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Butter:

Akmu:

Hello by adele:

Shouldn't you wait to see how Dice actually does before saying they should give up on it? I mean, everyone hated sneakers and now it's itzy's biggest hit.

Either way I think it depends on what jyp's goal is for nmixx. They're selling really well and making a lot of money despite not having a hit so they could operate more like a bg than a gg. If they want a gg that's popular in Korea they should definitely reconsider changing their concept and style depending on how Dice does in the long run.

I love how suddenly O.O has a ton of defenders now, like where we're yall when it came out? Like, yall think this is really worse than SHOOG SHOOG?

Anyway, I can't stand O.O and I agree that dice is a big upgrade since it's actually listenable and has a catchy chorus.

You thought you ate. This is so entitled and I'm so sick of kpop fans harassing producers because they don't like a song.

The COMPANY is the one that chooses the song and asks the producer to make edits and revisions until they're happy with it. For all we know this could be the 4th different version of dice and could have sounded completely different from the producers own original vision.

Yall need to leave the producers alone, if you have a problem with their concept take it up with Jyp entertainment.

Oof, after reading this thread, I feel like one of the only people that actually quite likes the song lmao.

I despised O.O but this is much easier to listen to imo. I love the jazz aspects and the "roll the dice" chorus is my favourite part, I just wish it played more than twice in the whole song.

I think the main problem with this type of genre is the hook doesn't get a chance to repeat itself enough to be catchy as the song needs to switch to another genre.

Kinda wish there were more vocals, the girls are all better singers than rappers so idk why jyp wants them to rap so much but other than that I actually quite like Dice and Cool is also good.

I like the vibe, the mv looks like it's gonna be good too. The small parts of the song they played sound much easier to listen to than O.O so I'm a little more optimistic.