Have you ever been in choir, band or orchestra??

• Have you been in one of these musically inclined arts? 35

1. Yes, the Choir (22) 63%
    2. Yes, Band (12) 34%
    3. Yes, Orchestra (9) 26%
    4. Yes, Color or Winter Guard (0) 0%
    5. None of these (1) 3%
    6. Other like these but not listed (4) 11%

I have you ever been in the choir, band or orchestra? It doesn't matter if you did it in middle school, in high school or not, even in college/university/any post grad school or job, church or any religious reason, military, for a group, club, for fun/volunterily (like be apart of an actual orchestra, choir or band) or professionally.

If you've been in one of these things, this place is for you!

I'll also add color/winter card since it is technically apart of band.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• YES! CHOIR!! ALSO MUSICAL THEATHER!!

YES IM GAY!!!( CONFUSED TO BE SPECIFIC!!!!)

• I have actually. I was in the school choir in Year 7 in 1981 and sang at the Sydney Opera House with my mother and piano teacher in attendance. I was in the concert hall and they were very proud of me.

• Everything except color guard; I moved from band (clarinet) to orchestra (violin/cello) because I knew I couldn't march. My "other like these" was college jazz choir; at my college, it was considered unrelated to the main choirs because the jazz department was completely separate from the vocal department, as they're two different skills.

• I was in choir from elementary to middle school.

We had to pick a first and second choice for electives, either: choir, band, orchestra, or "explorations" (which was every other elective but randomized, so you couldn't pick one specifically)

I didn't want to risk getting a bad one with explorations, so I picked choir as my first choice and band as my second with clarinet as my choice of instrument (I just thought "clarinet" sounded cool as a word when I filled out my form). I'm so glad I never went the band path, because I actually don't really like the sound of clarinets at all. Looking back, I would have chosen orchestra as my second choice because I love the sound of strings.

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• I was in both band and choir when I was younger.

Band: 5th grade to 7th grade

Choir: 4th grade and 6th grade to 8th grade*

*= I moved and went to a different school starting in 5th grade

• My school had 2 choir and 1 band and I was 1 year in 1 of the choir and it was shit

Basicly my teacher asked us to sing on a school festival, the festival was christmas themed and cause of the song-choice she had we decided to not even show up on that day xDDD I mean she forced us to sing "Waka Waka", "Don't worry be happy", "Oh Happy Day" and 2 very awfull German songs

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I was in a school choir in middle school and then in an a'cappella group for 9 years, starting in high school :-)

The genre of songs we performed wasn't very popular but I had so much fun, got to travel and perform a lot and made many priceless memories. <3

I was in choir from 5th grade - 10th grade (now) but I'm not sure I want to continue it.

Is it the type of choir where you perform at your school only, or maybe take part in the competitions? I didn't know that you like singing too, and 5 years in a choir is impressive! <3

• Is it the type of choir where you perform at your school only, or maybe take part in the competitions? I didn't know that you like singing too, and 5 years in a choir is impressive! <3

Aww you're making me want to continue it already 🥺 I'm not sure if I can because I plan to take more AP classes next year and I don't want to be worn out.

It's so hard to explain... I'll try to shorten it up as much as possible.

Middle school (5-6 grade) we would do performances for our teachers and students and have performances for our families at our middle school because it had a nice, not huge, but nice auditorium of its own.

Junior High (7-8) we did performances for our families at the high school auditoriums and anyone who wanted to come from school. I loved these two years in choir because it felt more like a family and we were always doing fun stuff and having fun activities.

We also had "competition" in the fall called "All Region" in junior high and high school where you basically learn music and sing by yourself in front of a curtain and behind that curtain would be a judge. The tryouts were always nerve wracking and on the weekend and usually the whole day depending on your section and number. Most choirs were required to tryout, to others, it was optional. The judges graded you and ranked you and put you in a certain chair. If you made All Region, you got the chance to be in the All Region choir that year.

I will continue this soon because it's a LOT lol

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• I heard the flute is one of the harder band instruments to play! Is it?

It's easier than most because you don't need to transpose keys of pieces of music but the breathing can be difficult to make noise and then there's the issue of making a good tone with it so I would put it as moderately hard but not French horn hard.

• I don't play anymore but I enjoy Berliner Philharmoniker concerts.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I was in choir in middle school. It was fun! The choir director in high school was terrible though and I only took one year before I dropped. She was just toxic for no reason. :sadface:

• This sounds like so much fun! :pleading: I asked because being in a choir here was mostly just practice and performing, nothing "special" haha.

I like that it changes with time, feels like you're "graduating" every couple of year to the higher level :-) And the "all region" competitions sound scary! I mean, normal competitions where you can see the judge can be frightening at first, but singing to someone behind the curtain is like the next level.

I'd love to learn more! Like I said, being in a choir here was quite a "normal experience". Everyone who was at least decent could get in, you only had to be more skilled to get solos. The biggest challenge for me was when I tried performing and playing the guitar, instead of using the instrumental. I was so used to singing only, that I could not coordinate my mind and my fingers, even if I desperately wanted to. ;( After that I decided I'm better off singing only. ^^

• I did choir in elementary and junior high school but didn’t think my singing voice was good enough to continue into the more serious and time consuming high school choir.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• This sounds like so much fun! :pleading: I asked because being in a choir here was mostly just practice and performing, nothing "special" haha.

I like that it changes with time, feels like you're "graduating" every couple of year to the higher level :-) And the "all region" competitions sound scary! I mean, normal competitions where you can see the judge can be frightening at first, but singing to someone behind the curtain is like the next level.

I'd love to learn more! Like I said, being in a choir here was quite a "normal experience". Everyone who was at least decent could get in, you only had to be more skilled to get solos. The biggest challenge for me was when I tried performing and playing the guitar, instead of using the instrumental. I was so used to singing only, that I could not coordinate my mind and my fingers, even if I desperately wanted to. ;( After that I decided I'm better off singing only. ^^

Yep! It would take me a lot more to describe my high school choirs so maybe I'll save that for another day...

Yep! For sure <3 and in the spring we had CPA (Choral Performance Assessment) where you would sing music in front of judges as a whole choir. Not as scary but you get graded and judged pretty hard.

Yeah, it was like that for under high school. But in high school, it was a bit more complicated than that. We had a top choir available for Juniors and Seniors that had really advanced singers with advanced music and limited spots. And they had "outings" (being hired for diffrrent occasions to sing) and that was usually every other week. And they get to go to Europe to sing in the summer.

That does sound really hard! I agree, it definitely would be hard to sing and play a guitar at the same time...😌

• well i must be extremely talented then 👀👄👀

yes. i now dub you a music appreciation genius. especially since u stan txt.

( •ㅅ• )( •ㅅ• )( •ㅅ• )

• This thread contains 10 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!