Do you ever been to a thrift store before?

• I had this in myhead after wtching this video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I seriously never bought anything in a thrift store because mostly you either don't find one or they only let you shop in there if you can proof to the staff that you are in need of someone's used clothes cause you have a low income and can't afford clothes from somewhere else.

I took a look at the city I am living in, wich has something around 100K citizen and my list on Google contains 7 stores but 4 of them are allready listed as run by a orginasation like Caritas so that means you can't go in there if you are not in need. The 3 other stores on my list (1 with an English name and one with a French name) are looking like high-end fashion thrift stores if you look at the example-photo that is provided by the store's adress. So thats a no for me here. In the town I grew up (around 38K citizen) there was only 1 thrift store and this store really double checked on you if you wanted to buy stuff there cause they only let peple shop there if they could show that their income was not enough to purchase clothes in a regular store.

A cousin of me who lives in Spain said the island she lives on has also only 1 thrift store and they also only let people shop there who can proof that they are on a short income.

I saw videos before where people went thrift store shopping in the USA, Japan, Korea or Hong Kong but I don't really think thrift store shopping is a thing here in Europe, especially not since many stores exclude everyone who isn't on a short income. So unless I don't find a store who lets everyone shop and has stuff who arn't too expensive I probably will never in my live go to a thrift store .

Here where I am from most people who want to get used clothes from someone either go to a flea market or use apps where people sell their used clothes. On the apps you will most likly find newer fashion and even brand-items while on the flea markets people mostly try to sell their old crappy stuff that they never got rid off.

Do you ever been to one and how was it for you? Do you regularly get thrifted clothes or was it just for fun a one time thing for you?

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• JiminieKookie

Changed the title of the thread from “Do yoiu evern been to a thrift store before?” to “Do you ever been to a thrift store before?”.
  • I took a look at the city I am living in, wich has something around 100K citizen and my list on Google contains 7 stores but 4 of them are allready listed as run by a orginasation like Caritas so that means you can't go in there if you are not in need. The 3 other stores on my list (1 with an English name and one with a French name) are looking like high-end fashion thrift stores if you look at the example-photo that is provided by the store's adress. So thats a no for me here. In the town I grew up (around 38K citizen) there was only 1 thrift store and this store really double checked on you if you wanted to buy stuff there cause they only let peple shop there if they could show that their income was not enough to purchase clothes in a regular store.

That is interesting because living expenses fluctuate so you should not be able to stop people from thrifting but at the same time I can appreciate that since then people won't poach the stores.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!