Have you ever been discriminated or treated differently based on your religion?

• Have you ever been discriminated or treated differently based on your religion? 12

1. Yes (4) 33%
    2. No (6) 50%
    3. I think/I'm not sure (2) 17%

I don't believe in any religion, but I'm outwardly a Muslim (as in I wear a hijab) because of my parents and other stuff. But I think I have been treated differently because I wore a hijab. One of the first and most memorable times (probably because I was young lol) was in 1st grade, around the time I started wearing a hijab. I remember some boys in my class were pointing at me and laughing about "whatever I was wearing on my head" lmaoo. There were also some other things that happened, so sometimes when people act a certain way to me, I think it might be because I wear a hijab lol.

What about you guys?

• people (especially children) treat those around them who are different differently...

its because of lack of understanding...

hopefully when they grow up - people become more tolerant...hopefully

• I went to a Catholic high school when I was a Presbyterian Christian. I wasn't treated differently there.

On the flip side, one time our church youth group rented a place and we found out that the owner was a Catholic because of some images she kept there and the group kinda gave the cold shoulder to her despite she being super warm and kind to us. Some of the group even badmouth her behind her back. This behavior bugged me, but I cowardly stayed silent about it.

• No because I'm a (lapsed) Roman Catholic in a predominantly Catholic country. Since I'm not required to visibly wear anything that would give away my religion, I'd be discriminated first by the color of my skin or my ethnicity first before my religion I would imagine.

• Oh course! As a person who once identified as Christian, I got a lot of hate. People used to gather around our church and protest to it being there during service every week but we couldn't get rid of them because they technically weren't breaking any laws. In school I was told I could not bring a bible, or talk about it or god.

And then when I stopped being religious I was disowned by my family who were hard core christians and couldn't bear to be related to an atheist

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!