Am I the only one losing interest in KPOP.....

• ?

Part of it is just because the music this year has just been so underwhelming for me. I enjoyed last year ALOT, as there were some literal gems(such as MAGO, LA DI DA, ICSM, Pantomime, etc, etc) and great albums but this year was one of the most underwhelming years musically in a WHILE.

As someone who has followed KPOP since ~2016 it feels like my interest in it as a whole at an all-time low. I used to actively check out comebacks of so many groups and follow them as well, but I...no longer feel excited whenever most groups have a comeback, repackage, new variety content or MV, etc, etc.

I think aespa and BP are the only ones keeping me interested atp(ITZY too to a certain extent) :-( I just wanted to know if I'm not alone askds :cryingr:

• It's so weird because I found so many groups this year with great music that debuted, a lot of comebacks were amazing to me, and I am excited for many groups to see how they do. But i see so many saying music wasn't up to par for them. I guess since i'm a huge multi-stan of so many BG's I always have something to look forward to.

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way though and I hope it gets better for you! I do not have any advice other than maybe try listening to other music for a bit?

• For me, I'm not losing interest in kpop as a whole, just losing interest in many groups... I still listen to them occasionally but I don't feel super excited every time there's a release like I used to (unless it's from one of my top 3 groups).

It's not the fault of the artists, the music or anything like that. My tastes are just changing and that happens to everyone. There's so much music out there and it's okay to get tired of different things.

• i had this phase too as a kpop fans , i think everybody have it

i used to watch a lot of groups, solo comeback, even nugu

but now i just focus on groups i'm interested, and less in trying to find new group that i might get into

but personnally i find this year interesting, seeing all this new groups who will be the frontrunner of kpop in few years is always interesting to see

and GG this year delivered very good songs so i find this year pretty good in term of music

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• I still like kpop a lot, buuut surprisingly i watch more kpop variety contents from 2nd gen where they were genuinely being funny and happy so looking at how these past years have been in the sense of "enjoying" moments... Hum... I could say kpop is good, but there was a point that i found great...

Music speaking though, this year was a little weak to me too. We had 3/4 groups where their cb was really "impactful" so even the supposed top groups with great tt was a let down for me. I do enjoyed some cbs and all, but if we compare with the previous years, yeah, i enjoyed a lot less and a lot less groups too. To me the soloists had better music, Woodz, Kang Daniel, Somi, ChaeLisa, Eunbi, etc.

• its normal cause so much of kpop is recycled you are bound to get bored of it after a couple of years if you consume it hardcore

only way to enjoy kpop after the initial few years is to find your own niche that keeps you interested and stray away from the mainstream cause those catchy earwormy songs will always be the mainstream and will eventually grow dull

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• I've been into k-pop since 2011,spontaneously got out of it last year and only recently did I start following it again.

Maybe you just got tired of it,that's completely normal.

• For me, I'm not losing interest in kpop as a whole, just losing interest in many groups... I still listen to them occasionally but I don't feel super excited every time there's a release like I used to (unless it's from one of my top 3 groups).

It's not the fault of the artists, the music or anything like that. My tastes are just changing and that happens to everyone. There's so much music out there and it's okay to get tired of different things.

Me!! I still listen to the groups, but let's say, i don't wait anxiously on the release day, i just listen when i have time and without that much interest.

• I think because in 2018 I enjoyed many release I started to have high expectations but now I realized like any industry it has its duds and hidden gems so I've accepted that I only like my faves now. Not only that but I've went through all the stages of being a kpop stan, watching videos to learn members names, variety shows like weekly idol, trying to learn kpop dances, wanting to eat Korean food etc. Kpop is an experience and there isn't much left for me to do anymore.

• well, I've lost interest in kpop a while back. Mind you, I have been into kpop since 2012.

I remember when I got into kpop I used to check out different groups but I don't do that anymore. I guess you'll get bored eventually and honestly I don't like most of the music most groups are releasing lately it's just that it's been like that for the last 2 or 3 years.

I thought you were more of midzy/moa than aespa stan

• maybe the honeymoon phase is over? lol

back to the actual topic at hand...well with all due respect my friend obviously if you didn't like any of the releases this year then it's natural to feel that you're losing interesting in kpop

but even with the groups you mentioned that you did enjoy there's plenty of content available for you for your favs...unless you are speaking solely with regards to the music and not overall content?

• that's me I was obsessed with kpop in 2015-2018, like a huge fan who paid attention to most releases and was involved in fandoms etc. now I still love it with songs on my playlist mostly made up of past ones, and I just add new ones if I like them. but the interest I had before is gone, which is normal I think of it as a phase I grew out of.

• I had this phase too, last year my interest for kpop was drained. Even now is different from my earlier years as a kpop stan. In 2012 I used to listen to a lot of groups, see varietys and everything, I can name a lot of nugus that debuted between 2010-2014, but I was a kid with a lot of time to spend. Now I'm an adult, I see some comebacks, but can't name most groups aside of the popular ones, and even the variety shows to watch from my faves are selected.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I have been listening to more English music than ever so kind of??? the business side of Kpop is so interesting though

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I blame it on covid and the lack of concerts and tours. Music shows with no audience etc...

It's no one's fault. It doesn't inspire companies and groups to release that much tbh.

Look at BTS a few weeks ago when they mentioned that they're just feeling "meh" with the whole thing lately.

Groups need to contact with fans with their regular activities. With no payback it just feels... empty.

This is what I'm feeling too :cryingr:

• I have been in kpop for something short of a decade and now I am not that into it.

I like fewer and fewer new songs, the performances look less and less exciting and impressive and I started listening to other kinds of music more.

I don't want to leave it completely yet, although if I continue feeling like this I will, but I am not as excited about it as I used to be.

• Kinda but theres no where to go, Westerm music really aint it for me. It svcks so hard imo.

This year is no doubt has less bops. Hopefully the coming yeara would be different.

Also off topic, I noticed you've been changing your pfp and sigs more frequently and made me think you're looking for something idk

• After being a fan for ten years, I find myself only being a casual listener these days. Second gen groups are declining imo and if it wasn't for BTS and Aespa putting out good music I would have gotten out of K pop by now.

• Eh, I only ever really cared for BTS anyway.. but I’m enjoyed being in kpop spaces to have discourse. It the problem is Kpop stans are mad weird.

• I can and can’t relate. I took a little break from deep dive Kpop and just followed the music of my faves. The pandemic and free time brought me back in deeper, but I feel like I have a renewed outlook - I look for new music and ask questions about groups I may have skipped over to see if there’s anything in the bsides I like. I try to approach Kpop like I do all music - looking for what’s interesting and appeals to me.

I’ve found some great new or old artists this year that I didn’t know much about and I’ve been delighted that some of my faves released their best yet while others explored new directions, even if I didn’t always love them, I appreciate that they’re making the music they want to make.

I’d say two things here:

- get outside your comfort zone. Look for new recs or new types. It could be as simple as “is someone making music like X?” I like r&b and I like lower female singing voices and when I’ve asked for recs around this, I found some great groups and songs.

- just enjoy it as a musical genre. Like any genre, sometimes you find something you love and sometimes you don’t. Until the next thing you love comes along, enjoy your faves.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• for me, its because there's so much critique and hate on every single group that drops a song that all of the fun is milked out of it.

• This thread contains 14 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!