JYPE ruined twice.....

• JYPE might be the worst entertainment company when it comes to managing artists, especially in the long run. (No wonder Got7 fled lol..)

I'm utterly distraught on what they are doing or rather have been doing to Twice since 2018.... It's like they don't know what direction to take anymore.

They had the biggest girl group in their hands and just like they did with Wonder Girls, they panicked and started making stupid decisions.

-Started pumping out way too many content, at the cost of the girls health.

-Were too scared to mature their image at the risk of losing home fans, but did a weird mix of mature and cute to appeal to foreign fans. (Didn't do much either).

We all thought they planned on keeping Twice for mainly the Asian audience (which was fine) but now all of a sudden they're releasing an all English album, out of the blue???

They spent all these years shying away from the international market just to pull a fast one and dive head first into it? No build up, nothing.

I hate to say it but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It's like JYPE is really trying to milk Twice dry and they're not even being creative about it. It's all just a quick cash grab to them.

Twice didn't deserve any of this, they had so much potential and still do. But as long as JYPE keeps being JYPE.... It might be to late to salvage the damages done to their image.

I really hope they'll be able to beat the 7yrs girl group curse at this rate.

• I fell like twice is already big enough to start something new. The only thing they can get the knetz again is individual promos like any other gg jyp needs to copy sm of what they did to snsd individual careers and I bet all of their song well be known again they need to make a new move and start doing solo stuffs more

• Today is a very good day so I am gonna refrain from writing essays. Stream:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Jyp tried to ruin twice but It didn’t work they might have peaked in Korea but who cares they will be remembered as one of the biggest kpop group

6 years in the game and they are still growing internationally usually groups tend to decline but not twice

They just need to focus on their individual career they are lacking here

• They are releasing an English single, not an English album. Personally I don't see the problem with pushing Twice in the west. I agree about the content. I'm concerned about the girls' health with the third full album AND a world tour in Nov. It just seems too soon. We don't even know if Jeongyeon is fully recovered yet.

• It just really upsets me that JYPE didn‘t even bother to delay the comeback until Jeongyeon is fully recovered. Instead they gave her 3 seconds of screentime and excluded her from every single choreography shot in the music video.

• Twice saved jype and in return he gave them nothing. Atleast give them a better creative /production team. Even loona's bankrupt company gives them better creative team.

• They are releasing an English single, not an English album. Personally I don't see the problem with pushing Twice in the west. I agree about the content. I'm concerned about the girls' health with the third full album AND a world tour in Nov. It just seems too soon. We don't even know if Jeongyeon is fully recovered yet.

There isn't a world tour in November. Though this year, Twice said they got most of their schedule done in the first half of the year so they're resting more often other than The Feels promotions and preparing for their next album. I don't know how they would do a world tour this year so I think that's next year.

Even so, you can tell that some of their promos were pre recorded. Who even knows how they will promote next?

So I think all they have to do now is prepare for their next album and its promos and award season and world tour at the end of the year.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• It just really upsets me that JYPE didn‘t even bother to delay the comeback until Jeongyeon is fully recovered. Instead they gave her 3 seconds of screentime and excluded her from every single choreography shot in the music video.

Why would they delay all their plans because a member can't participate? The issue is more every member needing to be involved in the MV/comeback despite being off for health reasons, when it shouldn't be the case.

• JYP girls have always had strong debuts and early hits before getting cashgrabby early-mid career. JYP has poor focus on long term strategy for groups which is fair because they churn out so many anyway that they can rinse and repeat for the next girl groups. TWICE was also kind of pigeonholed into staying cute and goofy forever because that's how they got huge in the first place and JYP has never took huge risks with his groups, he'd rather play it safe for the consistent cash grab.

• I constaly read pretty much the same old complains about every company in kpop.... ...JYPE, SME, YG.....etc.
    Always someone complaining about "misstreament" of their group.

But at some point pretty much all the groups tries to change and be a bit more mature in concept when the group and it's members are getting older. Some conepts are easier to keep the same all the way, for example Blackpink that have style and concept that can go on even after the girls and their fans get older. But yes, "mature" concepts many times means more boring.

And for the english stuff, I'm not that found of it, but I will remind you that they did a cover of "I want you back" in 2018, so Twice in english it's not totally new. (I acctally really liked the cover).

• maybe in the human side, they are always overworked

but they are still on top and saling well, so i don´t think so dude...compair them to F(X) and 2n1, you are being dramatic.

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• The truth is JYPE used Twice as a cash cow to save their bankrupt ass in their first years, they're better financially now but they're still keeping their "short term cash grab" strategy with Twice. Thinking about it gives me a headache tbh

:pepe-smug: what is the use of TWICE's existence other than bring them cash. You guys need to return to reality and realise at the end of the day it's just a business.

• Twice saved jype and in return he gave them nothing. Atleast give them a better creative /production team. Even loona's bankrupt company gives them better creative team.

They gave them money that me and you and the entire forum will never be able to reach half of it in 3 times of our lifetime

• Why make it English when this kind of sound just doesn't translate well in the west outside of the K-Pop bubble? If JYP really thinks Twice can compete in the western music market with this kind of sound they are badly informed. Perhaps it's a misinterpreting of why BTS's recent concepts have been popular in the west.

They should have released Cry For Me as that song. Or Fancy. Wtf, seriously...

• Why make it English when this kind of sound just doesn't translate well in the west outside of the K-Pop bubble? If JYP really thinks Twice can compete in the western music market with this kind of sound they are badly informed. Perhaps it's a misinterpreting of why BTS's recent concepts have been popular in the west.

JYPE ain’t that smart they really thought itzy would have smash in the west with mafia

I do love the feels it’s really catchy but cmon now ain’t nobody is listening this in the west it’s not 2010 anymore the gp prefer songs and pop rnb

Nobody listening to this 20 million in a day... :clown:

• Love seeing how all the people here who work at minimum wage or less talking about how much better they would be running a successful multi-million dollar company and their artists.

:pepe-popcorn:

• maybe in the human side, they are always overworked

Mmmm, with this pandemic i have to take a job in a factory and was the hell. Very hard physical work and a cretin boss pressing me. I guess in comparison, having to dance and sing across the world dont seem so bad. I feel like in this many fans exaggerate. The girls have a job and sometimes this become very demanding, but that is with most of the jobs. And for the hiatus for health, well, people get sick, is normal.

• Lets talk about it.

It wasn't JUST the fact twice did cute concepts.

It's the fact that they got cuter and more childish between 2017 and 2018.

They weren't just pigeon holed but also condensed.

WIL's music video is literally cheer up. The well was running dry.

Yes or Yes was clearly changed last minute to be more cute because those stages were a hot ass mess. And that MV was cheap as hell.

Even Lovelyz, who's first few comebacks we're questionable (achoo is a bop tho), was able to mature within their concept.

Apink matured into their concept.

So it could have happened they just didn't want it to.

Feel Special was a step in the right direction but then More &More styling happened and Can't Stop me's chorus makes my ears bleed cause they don't care if the main vocals could hit the note or not

JYP needs to steal that idea from SM. He saw the starter kit for SNSD and just ran with it without reading directions.

And they waited too long to start pushing solo projects and stuff. The focus is on itzy now

I think that's why twice resigned because they don't have anything established for themselves outside of the group.

Which may have been on purpose so JYP could keep and milk them longer. From day 1 it was clear who the biggest personalities in twice were which could be a bad thing is he got his Suzy 2.0. (Santa it's Sam's, Naeyeon is hbic but Dana give Suzy energy)

JYP probably feels comfortable throwing Twice to the USA because they've already peaked in Korea.

Itzys debut sound well has ALREADY ran dry.

Mafia in the morning was the last sip of a flat sprite.

And their new sounds is kinda generic.

He is not good at pacing his groups at all. And rushes them through their prime imo and doesn't know how to have to peak twice. Pun not intended.

Their music has improved in Japan though but in a "out time in the industry is ending " kinda way.

Tell me Kura Kura doesn't sound like twice looking back fondly over their careers and then looking forward to the future.

Also The Feels is good, but missing some spice. The mv is fine? It feels old school twice but why? Especially for the west that seems counter productive.

Yes the song insinuats a mature.....emotion *wink wink* but the mv gives WIL innocence and it's conflicting in an odd way.

Like....Prom? Really?

PROM?!

Okay jyp

• they are one of the biggest group of 3rd gen what is really ruined here?

This... People need to know kpop is a business after all and Asian boss are known to be strict.. My boss would happily fire me without blinking an eye even though I work for him for years if I ever told him I have mental illness and need a break..

• while many will say they want Twice to diversify thier music style and go into more mature sounds, I do feel OP's concern that JYP doesnt know what to do with twice. They really go from cute to girl crush then back to semi-cute and now another mature concept in English. This kind of flip-flopping usually doesnt work for GGs

• they are one of the biggest group of 3rd gen what is really ruined here?

To be fair, being the biggest still have the possibility of being ruined by the company. Classic example - BP being kept in dungeon most of the time. Im sure most of AKP would agree on this

• To be fair, being the biggest still have the possibility of being ruined by the company. Classic example - BP being kept in dungeon most of the time. Im sure most of AKP would agree on this

i see it for bp since they have below minimum content and mismanaged severely and also the company is very controversial, but i dont see it for twice besides them being overworked, they have dominated korea, japan and now the company is aiming for west and promoting them, literally what else do they need? there are tons of talented ggs disband and give up on their dreams everyday cus their company is too small and incompetent.

• i see it for bp since they have below minimum content and mismanaged severely and also the company is very controversial, but i dont see it for twice besides them being overworked, they have dominated korea, japan and now the company is aiming for west and promoting them, literally what else do they need? there are tons of talented ggs disband and give up on their dreams everyday cus their company is too small and incompetent.

I think people are complaining the lack of direction for twice. Like OP mentioned. Also lack of solo promotions for the girls... they are literally not being promoted in any way and this doesnt look good for them in future once they disband eventually

• This thread contains 15 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!