2. Kawaguchi Yurina

3. Sakamoto Mashiro

4. Ezaki Hikaru

5. Choi Yujin

6. Su Rui Qi

7. Huang Xing Qiao

8. Chai Bing

9. Kim Chaehyun

There are only 2 Korean trainees in the top 9.

Is this really a Kpop group??

It sucks in various ways. The ranking announcement was done so freaking slowly. I think the announcement of the Top 9 took more than 10 minutes. Mnet really sucks at editing, it's boring.

Choi Yeyoung, Kim Doah, Ahn Jeongmin, Yoon Jia, Heo Jiwon, Lee Hyewon, Jung Jiyoon, Lee Chaeyun, Kim Hyerim

--> These are the list of Korean trainees who were eliminated in the latest episode. Does this even make sense to you??

If the Top 9 debuted just like that, I don't think they would be popular. Not to mention Chai Bing's controversy because of her personality and Su Rui Qi's because she supports China's Anti-American Aid War... I can't imagine how controversial it gets laterㅎ

I think Girls Planet is... flopped...

pann

[782][-11]

1. [+429][-0] I think it'd be embarrassing to call this 'K-pop group' when out of its 9 members, only 2 of them are Korean.

2. [+411][-27] The only answer is... manipulating the votes

3. [+223][-0] If I were either of those two Korean trainees, I'd rather not debut at all

4. [+169][-0] This all happened because the production team is stupid. Why would they count foreigners' votes when they're making a K-pop group? And making a quota system among the Korean, Chinese, and Japanese trainees. There are a lot of people who want to vote for Korean trainees, but they can't because of the quota. That's how they got the talented and beautiful trainees eliminated.

5. [+129][-0] I don't think this is a K-pop group. It becomes a C,J-Pop Group. I won't be supporting them.

6. [+106][-0] Does it make sense that the trainees who can't even speak Korean to promote in Korea... Mashiro is the only foreigner in the Top 9 who could speak Korean well. The others only know a few words... It's such a chaos

7. [+106][-4] And these girls are eliminated...ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

download%2B%25283%2529.jpeg

8. [+98][-0] If this was the final debut line up, I don't think Yujin and Chaehyun should debut with Girls Planet...ㅠㅠㅠ

9. [+70][-2] Except for Chen Xiao Ting, Yurina, and Mashiro. I don't understand why the rest of the foreigners trainees were up there.

• People like this are beyond stupid. You saw this show clearly promoting an international GG, have 66/99 of their contestants be foreigners, and have voting where you had to vote for all 3 sides regardless, and yet still say it’s rigged

Just say you’re a nationalist (Knetz) or Korea*boo (Inetz) if you don’t like it, but even a donkey knew that the voting system was gonna make diversity more likely

Just literally wanting K-girls for the sake of wanting K-girls. I just know if Cai Bing & Xingqiao were Korean they’d be hyping them up, but would not have this energy for Doah or Hyewon if they were foreigners

That’s why I see the “we lost so many talented K-trainees” thing as BS when the K-girls aren’t superior (nor inferior) in talent compared to the others, the literal only difference is they’re Koreans

The fact that there’s no outrage for loosing Reina, Yale, Ziyin (she was supposed to continue, tho dropped out due to health reasons, but still) and the like says everything about where people’s true intentions are at

Just fake & racist/xenophobic

• haha they are so stupid with those comments...

this is how Koreans voted:

Xiaoting - 327542 votes

Yurina - 271511 votes
    Mashiro - 214579 votes

Hikaru - 214409 votes

Yujin - 172398 votes

and honestly even if we would look at current top 9 by Korean votes then Su Ruiqi would be replaced by Dayeon, and Cai Bing would be replaced by Ririka...

that still doesn't make much difference, it's how they are voting...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• wait they show what koreans voted v internationally?

• Add one Korean and take away one Chinese and it would be 3-3-3 - which sounds like the kind of rigged result the Korean public was expecting. But with the potential money to be made in China (10x the population of Japan, 25X the population of Korea) I'm surprised they didn't make it come out 7-1-1 in China's favor. :-)

• Add one Korean and take away one Chinese and it would be 3-3-3 - which sounds like the kind of rigged result the Korean public was expecting. But with the potential money to be made in China (10x the population of Japan, 25X the population of Korea) I'm surprised they didn't make it come out 7-1-1 in China's favor. :-)

lower possibility of making money in China now that the reform is getting stricter. They’re better off focusing on Japan and Korea

• Their votes are already worth 8 times more than ours, but I am so happy there are so many of us voting.

yeah and top 9 by ifans 4C + 3J + 2K with Yeongeun being just 2k votes behind trio Bing, Yeseo, Zhe

Mashiro

Xiaoting

Hikaru

Ruiqi
    Yurina

Yujin

Cai Bing

Yeseo

Wen Zhe

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If this is what the final lineup would look like, the group is going to flop hard in Korea 😂 It doesn’t make sense to have too many Chinese girls in the final lineup if the group can’t even promote in China from a business pov since kpop is all about making money. I know it’s supposed to be a multinational group but only two Koreans? And no, this has nothing to do with me being a nationalist korea.boo lol I’m looking at it from a logical and rational view point.

• Is this really a Kpop group??

It sucks in various ways. The ranking announcement was done so freaking slowly. I think the announcement of the Top 9 took more than 10 minutes. Mnet really sucks at editing, it's boring.

Choi Yeyoung, Kim Doah, Ahn Jeongmin, Yoon Jia, Heo Jiwon, Lee Hyewon, Jung Jiyoon, Lee Chaeyun, Kim Hyerim

who's gonna tell them that kpop is just music in korean :pepe-peek:

• People like this are beyond stupid.

Peoples making a thread like this are beyong stupid.

It looks like they can't accept that the foreign trainees are just better than K-trainees. :eyes:

Not like they should accept incorrectness anyway.

haha they are so stupid with those comments...

Haha. You are so stupid with this comment.

lower possibility of making money in China now that the reform is getting stricter. They’re better off focusing on Japan and Korea

Is it? Some Chinese believe this is an even better opportunity. The Chinese cannot make a popular idol group without survival show and, that kind of show has been prohibited by the cultural reform. And, the contract of The9 is expiring.

Cai Bing will definitely drop and Dayeon which was 10 will take her place, although being voted a lot by ifans Ruiqi should drop if they want the group to have a peacefull korean career, the group will be followed forever with that North Korean scandal if she debuts, Xioating and Xingqiao are enough for C trainees and both are liked by knetz, one korean, preferably Bora for the group to have a main vocal should take her place and is a pretty good line up

• Peoples making a thread like this are beyong stupid.

Not like they should accept incorrectness anyway.

Haha. You are so stupid with this comment.

Is it? Some Chinese believe this is an even better opportunity. The Chinese cannot make a popular idol group without survival show and, that kind of show has been prohibited by the cultural reform. And, the contract of The9 is expiring.

How is that going to matter when the whole group won't be able to promote in China anyway?

• Thread is embarassing.

This is why they label us iroaches.

You see them being a-holes towards the C & J girls, and you still choose to kiss their backsides by saying anyone who doesn’t is an I-roach?

So be it then, I-roach >>>>>>>> korea*boo/k-nayionalist

• Well this was bound to happen :wellr: even some ifans were mad at the lineup for not having enough koreans so :cryingr:

The Korea*boos gotta find another group lmbo, like how is everyone surprised a multinational GG show got a multinational lineup ^^

• How is that going to matter when the whole group won't be able to promote in China anyway?

and besides that

there are already rumors that Chinese big companies like Tencent and IQIYI will switch to something more like reality/variety show format and they will create groups this way

• ikr?? this is so weird like the premise has always been for the group to be multi national lmao people need to cope

Lol exactly. Have a perfect opportunity to make a unique mixed group, and they still push for the same type. Really looked at 66 foreigners amongst 99 overall trainees, and convinced themselves they weren’t making it ^^

• You see them being a-holes towards the C & J girls, and you still choose to kiss their backsides by saying anyone who doesn’t is an I-roach?

So be it then, I-roach >>>>>>>> korea*boo/k-nayionalist

You are really... I don't even know what to say.

Perhaps actually think for a second maybe?

First of all, I barely consider myself as Kpop fan as it is, if you've noticed, which you clearly haven't, but after Iz*One, I don't even have a group I stan. Do you know the meaning of my User name? It's short for SM's Kunta Kinte Silence. Part of the reason I dissasociated from Kpop is because of the obsessive devotion toward idols, especially when it's to the point where others throw their morals away for these idols, especially in the case of racism. If there's one thing I don't fck with, it's racist bullshit.

Secondly, out of the Korean group there is literally ONE. ONE girl that is my pick, and that is Myah. ALL of my other picks have been from both C and J groups (Yale, Chen Hsin Wei, Gu Yizhou, Ruan, Yurina, Liang Jiao, and Yume, and Manami). Majority of my picks have ALREADY been eliminated. There are only four left.

My issue with your post is ONE, in this case, Korean's aren't being racist (they are literally the same race). Nationalistic, yes, but considering the historical context between their nations, I think it very much understandable. I'm not Korean, so who tf am I to tell them how to feel about their own country and history??? It has nothing to do with being a "K*reaboo", but knowing wtf it's not your time to play judge.

Thirdly, nothing about their statement is false.

One, the group IS in fact filled with foreingers who most of which do not speak Korean. When it came to groups like Kaachi, EXP, that other one I honestly can't remember the name of (they had both a boy and girl version) they were dragged by the Kpop community and weren't seen as real Kpop idols. Even groups fully produced by a Kpop company like NiziU it is debatable if they are actually Kpop group or not.

What exactly do you think is going to happen when a group of majority foreigners debut in Korea, then? They AREN'T going to do well, that's what. But you're too busy wrapped up in your bias that you would rather sneer at Knetz when all they are doing is telling the TRUTH. Furthermore, one of that girl in the top 9 has a political controversy that would also do nothing more than harm the group.

The way that Mnet made the voting system forces them to vote for girls in other groups even if they don't want to, so that meant if there was another Korean girl they wanted to vote for, they couldn't, they had to give their votes away to another trainees group (probally the most well known of other groups too like Hikaru) even if they didn't really care about them. That is part of the reason why the rankings are skewed as they are.

Since the voting system has changed and it is now 1/1/1 and will probably be just 1 pick later, then chances are there will be a majority Korea line up toward the end anyway.

Eitherway, you aren't thinking about the marketability of this group or if it will do well. Even though my faves didn't make it, I have the common sense and self awareness to know that the line up needs a certain balance if they are going to be successful.

• 1. [+429][-0] I think it'd be embarrassing to call this 'K-pop group' when out of its 9 members, only 2 of them are Korean.

5. [+129][-0] I don't think this is a K-pop group. It becomes a C,J-Pop Group. I won't be supporting them.

That explains why groups like Black Swan, Beauty Box and Z-Girls might never succeed in the industry.

Having Korean members as majority is essencial for GP. It's about pride, nationalism. That makes sense since Korean industry has no obligation to be in charge of Asian representation, but still...

• The Korea*boos gotta find another group lmbo, like how is everyone surprised a multinational GG show got a multinational lineup ^^

Didn't you a while ago make a thread about how anything aside from 3k-3j-3c girls would be problematic? But I guess that was when you assumed there'd be more Koreans.

• Absolutely not reading all that. They’re being bigoted & your slurping them off for it, bad take

• Didn't you a while ago make a thread about how anything aside from 3k-3j-3c girls would be problematic? But I guess that was when you assumed there'd be more Koreans.

Can you link the thread, cuz I don’t remember it. I doubt I’d ever made complains about the ratio since I always said 4-5 Koreans were okay, but want to make sure

• Can you link the thread, cuz I don’t remember it. I doubt I’d ever made complains about the ratio since I always said 4-5 Koreans were okay, but want to make sure

I don't remember the title of the thread but I remember you saying something about preferring it most if there would be 3k3j3c ratio.

• This thread contains 19 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!