ADOR - HYBE Mega Thread - 7 || Summary on page 1

• If this thread is tl;dr for you (which it is) ...

Original news broken by soshixbang

REMINDER

I know its frustrating that others do not see things the way you do, but I'd like to remind everyone that this is not a battle and you are not soldiers. You are debating an issue on a forum board. Having different opinions should not bleed into threats or accusations of serious -isms. I think you know what those are, but if you need a refresher, here are the rules. On such a hot button issue, please try to think twice before posting and once again, remember that you are talking to people.

Please especially refrain from attacking and generalizing either idols, users or an entire fandom because of your position on this issue. Address the arguments.

Latest NewJeans release:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

MHJ 2 hour press conference:

English transcript:

LIVE UPDATES — ADOR CEO Min Hee-jin press conference
    Welcome to our minute-by-minute coverage of the press conference held by Min Hee-jin, producer of girl group NewJeans and CEO of agency ADOR. The conference…
    koreajoongangdaily.joins.com

English subbed:

Original full:

Complete timeline by ItsActuallyMe

Current: May 31, 2024 10:05AM Pacific | Updated as details emerge

___

Timeline of significant events based on media reports

Link to Belift's video:

*reminder that these are not facts just reports from the media and the parties involved

Article:

Naver Article in Korean on the conflict

Korean News Outlet provides outcome of the injunction

Court approves ADOR CEO’s injunction against HYBE
    The Seoul Central District Court approved the injunction filed by ADOR CEO Min Hee-jin aimed at preventing HYBE, the label’s parent company, from using its…
    koreajoongangdaily.joins.com

YouTube streams:

• Go to Best Answer
  • I love the smell of a new megathread in the morning.

External Content x.com

Danielle gave a shout out to MHJ.

'We really love and thank CEO MHJ for always taking care of us and protecting us.'

• Hyein speech "may be the last time". Seems like they are ready to continue without MHJ ;judgingpepe:

External Content x.com

• Hyein speech "may be the last time". Seems like they are ready to continue without MHJ ;judgingpepe:

External Content x.com

Its bring tears to my eyes to see how much members love mhj, how can hybe be so cruel to seperate mother from her daughters 🥺

• *BEATS THE NCTZEN TO THE PUNCH*

(runs before they attack)

:Cat-Cackle:

• That's sweet of her, but she has now bent the knee . As long as they are profitable, Bang likely doesn't care in the end if they do this lip service.

External Content x.com

u dont know whats in the inside tho, cause they used mhj for emotional support- they are probably still attached

ɪᴠᴇ ᴛxᴛ ᴛᴡɪᴄᴇ ᴇɴʜʏᴘᴇɴ ᴛʀɪᴘʟᴇꜱ

2a806ffe9815a47ac4e5534b70069637ce97908b.gifv

• akp armys try to moral police bunnies meanwhile army's tweet calling newjeans members as horrible people is getting 16k likes .

External Content x.com

Oh the irony

External Content x.com

• akp armys try to moral police bunnies meanwhile army's tweet calling newjeans members as horrible people is getting 16k likes .

External Content x.com

Oh the irony

External Content x.com

Those armys attacking NJs are just pure evil <X.

We'll see what they gona do when V is gonna leave hybe and bang trash is gonna try to burn his reputation to ashes X(!

Edited 2 times, last by alexS: Removed ratmys ().

External Content x.com

I think this might be worse

AfraidInspection2894's comment on "i blame the parents."
    Explore this conversation and more from the kpop_uncensored community
    new.reddit.com

Im interested to hear what every side thinks of this, literally suggesting they've avoided hate and that they should get more. Its the most upvoted comment, Im at a loss.

• the min heejin loyalty indoctrination is even worst than i expected.

why are they openly praising and thanking a woman who is publicly accused of covering up an SA of one of her own staff members?

even if they support her position in this battle with hybe, i would have hoped it would be shown behind the scenes and not thrown in our faces 24/7, especially considering her various controversies.

it just doesn’t sit right with me at all. i wish she wasn’t even mentioned, separating newjeans from the constant drama that is min heejin is getting harder by the day and i don’t know how to feel anymore.

• njs and mhj are one, it's a fact and these girls keep on insisting on it. leave if you don't like it!

ps: and those sa accusations have been debunked, stop parroting hybe lies!!

• I think this might be worse

https://new.reddit.com/r/kpop_…&utm_content=share_button

Im interested to hear what every side thinks of this, literally suggesting they've avoided hate and that they should get more. Its the most upvoted comment, Im at a loss.

That sub always keeps trying to start a hate train on Newjeans. It is always the same people commenting. Fake concern for Newjeans then they bring up some reason why a hate train against Newjeans is ok and should be promoted.

Tbf this has pretty much how most posts on reddit look regarding this topic. I saw comments calling them 'spoiled brats' upvoted pretty high in previous threads. I think it's easy from the outside looking in to have this view, but it's obviously not so simple. People also just over dramatize everything, not everything is that deep.

• Why is it so hard to believe that the girls want to support the person most responsible for their careers as idols and the immense success they've had since debut?

MHJ isn't just a standard executive; she's a creative, and the best in the industry at that. She has involvement in every part of the creative process. Even at the Bunnies Camp fanmeeting in Tokyo, MHJ was at the venue giving directions and guidance and making suggestions, something a performance director usually does.

Compared to what HYBE have done or threatened, it's pretty obvious the girls are going to stand behind MHJ. Trying to censor them is problematic in my eyes. Let them speak for themselves and have a voice for their own careers and well being

And if you don't want to support them in that, make the decision for yourself.

Everyone talks about MHJ and how she handled "Employee B", but nobody wants to talk about how ADOR's current CEO, HYBE's appointed yes woman, was the one who rejected that case in the first place :pepe-joy:

• People keep forgetting that MHJ kept close contact with the parents, and she listened to the issues brought up by the girls and their parents.

Hybe didn't bother being on good terms with the parents, ignored the concerns that the parents brought up, and BSH allegedly was dismissive towards one of the members. They acted like a typical conglomerate that only cares about money.

How can people act surprised when Newjeans and their parents stand with MHJ? She was the one that treated them right on a personal level.

Reddit is an echo chamber (which is what their system encourages) community that can be swayed by their moderators (which curates the posts). Even this sub-Reddit has been getting flak recently. I wouldn't base my opinion on what Reddit thinks. K-pop Reddit is fully on HYBE's side on this issue.

The fact of the matter is that this is a complex issue: NewJeans members, ADOR employees, MJH, Bang, HYBE employees, etc. These people know much more than what we fans have access to or what the media knows. While the latter groups have outside perspective, they have limited knowledge.

I'm big on letting people directly involved in situations hashing it out. We on the outside take note and wait for as much information as possible to come out before taking sides. We're not at the end point of this drama, so I'm not taking sides.

I'm not in this feud of millionaires (and future millioniares) vs billionaires. I don't need to have an opinion now. Some people sure feel like they need to though.

• I keep saying she's more of a tumor or a leech instead of a mother. Sometimes people don't realize their relationship are parasitic instead of mutual until it's far too late

BLɅϽKPIИKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d0be49590cd653400f491d4e92f0b5d82155e223.webp0686f56fbdf2b311900a9b1d35ebeb45486cbecf.webp67079a1df7aa8cb99ba773c7f5a82e1e36b586c7.webp

• I keep saying she's more of a tumor or a leech instead of a mother. Sometimes people don't realize their relationship are parasitic instead of mutual until it's far too late

i genuinely believe they’ll come to regret this. that woman has a lot of baggage and i don’t think we’ve seen the worst of it.

i just hope people have some grace for the girls considering they are still young, impressionable and there’s a clear power dynamic at play.

i wouldn’t even be surprised if they are pressured or directly encouraged to publicly show support for her from the woman herself.

especially considering she willingly airs out private moments with the members where they cried for her to gain public sympathy.

anyone with a functioning brain will know that there’s something strange and sinister about her “attachment” to them.

• There is absolutely nothing to suggest the girls are coached or forced to show their support for MHJ. Minji may have a future in acting, but she's not THAT good yet, and that's leaving aside the fact the other 4 members aren't.

I don't know why we keep having to create these K-Drama plotlines for NewJeans publicly supporting MHJ.

The simple fact is she has done nothing TO THEM to lose or harm their trust. We can't say the same for HYBE, who have lied and tried to manipulate the media in a way that could only harm and potentially traumatize the girls.

• External Content x.com

d0be49590cd653400f491d4e92f0b5d82155e223.webp0686f56fbdf2b311900a9b1d35ebeb45486cbecf.webp67079a1df7aa8cb99ba773c7f5a82e1e36b586c7.webp

• Their whole relationship dynamic is extremely disturbing to most people with common sense.

But a manipulator manipulates and MHJ is probably the best of the best in that regard.

I think they sincerely believe her when she says she didn't do anything wrong or that it's normal or "good" for a CEO to blatantly use her artists the way she does. They obviously love her and it's pretty clear that love isn't reciprocated without some sort of direct gain to her.

I support them in whatever they choose to do but it is really sad to see. I can't imagine how long it's gonna take to undo that kind of damage

• External Content x.com

New thread, new potential lawsuit coming. lol.

• External Content x.com

that dude is a bad*ss :pepe-cowboy: :pepe-cowboy: .

• This thread contains 2,330 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!