People say Gallup Korea is one of the most reliable source for Kpop! THEY ARE WRONG!

• I mean, anyone who says Gallup Korea is more reliable than that lame Twitter Brand Rep list, are CRAZY! Sorry not sorry!

Yeah, I look at you Yama, because I've seen you mention this poll so many times.

How can anyone say, this list is better than the rest, when they make lists like this? Let's just accept the fact, 99% of these lists are based on popularity!

For the record, on BOTH lists you can see my faves as well, like: IU, SNSD, G.O.D, G-Dragon, Hyori, BoA, Rain and Taeyeon.

Imagine putting BTS (plus 2 members who debuted a YEAR ago as a soloist), and especially Blackpink, on a "BEST SINGERS" list with ACTUAL LEGENDS!

The fact is, this is NOT a Kpop list, this is an overall Korean SINGER list, and I wouldn't put ANY Kpop group in the TOP10, not even my faves! Even tho there are groups like: Sistar, F(x), EXID, Apink, Mamamoo, Big Mama, EXO, Davichi, Melomance, and MANY others who could be on this list, IF we want to include groups as well!

Anyway, this is these are TOP10's.

Gallup Korea’s ‘Best national singers of the 21st Century’ survey:

1. BTS
    2. Cho Yong Pil
    3. IU
    4. Lim Young Woong
    5. Na Hoon Ah
    6. BLACKPINK
    7. Lee Mija
    8. Seo Taeji
    9. Girls’ Generation
    10. god

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Gallup Korea’s ‘Best K-pop soloists of the 21st Century’ survey:

1. IU
    2. PSY
    3. G-DRAGON
    4. Lee Hyori
    5. JUNGKOOK
    6. BoA
    7. Rain
    8. TAEYEON
    9. JIMIN
    10. Jay Park

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I mean, anyone who says Gallup Korea is more reliable than that lame Twitter Brand Rep list, are CRAZY! Sorry not sorry!

Yeah, I look at you Yama, because I've seen you mention this poll so many times.

The problem with the poll isn't with the poll itself. Gallup is usually pretty solid. The issue is that it's just one poll. Even with the highest quality pollsters, you can't take one poll as a gospel. It's why you take many different polls results and judge from that group. Gallup being "the best" is not really relevant.

Maybe there's a problem with what "best" means in the context of the poll, but that could be revealed in the methodology. I don't see the poll up on their site.

• This a Korean poll btw not an international poll whether you like it or not Bts And Bp Are k-pop legends.

No, they're not Legends. Being Mainstream is not the same as being a Legend! You're talking about KPOP, this is a list about KOREAN SINGERS in general!

In a Kpop list, I would put BTS in the TOP10 for sure, not as #1, but still. But not BP, because MUSIC wise they don't have ANYTHING to show.

Saying, BTS and Blackpink are on the same level as Living Legends like: Cho Yong Pil, Na Hoon Ah, Lee Mija, Seo Taeji is an absolute JOKE! I wouldn't put IU on the #1 spot if we include these people! These people are in this industry for like 3 or 4 times longer than any soloist or group on this list. This is what we call Legend, not a group with 30 songs!

• The problem with the poll isn't with the poll itself. Gallup is usually pretty solid. The issue is that it's just one poll. Even with the highest quality pollsters, you can't take one poll as a gospel. It's why you take many different polls results and judge from that group. Gallup being "the best" is not really relevant.

Maybe there's a problem with what "best" means in the context of the poll, but that could be revealed in the methodology. I don't see the poll up on their site.

And this is why I never take any poll or list seriously. Especially nowadays.

It's like when I see kids on Insta saying: "My fave is the best in XYZ, because Google said so." I was like, who said it, Google? Dude, you search for: "Who's the best Kpop singer?" and Google's AI shows you the most relevant comment from random fans, basically. Now, these lists are basically the same.

There's a reason why they don't tell you how they making it. The only difference between Gallup and the other lists, is in Gallup you can see more not mainstream artists as well, and that's why so many people think it's more reliable.

As you said, the naming is also a massive problem, because "The best Singer" can mean the best vocalist, the best artist with the best discography, or overall best artist".

• Yet again a non-Korean teaching Koreans who they should consider as a great in their country...the joke keeps writing itself. Imagine the sheer audacity to tell Koreans you know better than them as an outsider about who their country's greats are :meme-erm:

• You are so pressed about BP being in a "music" list.

David, you hate BP, not Korea. In fact, BP are well loved and appreciated in their home country and their music are a hit there.

Again, congrats BP!

Stop living in your delulu land. This isn't just about BP. Did you read what I said?

No one give a damn about how massive BP is or how many people love them. I literally said, I wouldn't put my own faves on a list like this, because they don't deserve it, yet they're 100 times better in anything what BP does. This isn't about them, it's about dumb lists like this. This isn't even a Kpop list, open your eyes, please!

It's like saying, BTS and Blackpink are just as good as The Beatles, Queen, The Stones, Pink Floyd or any other Legendary bands. Absolute madness!

Rename these lists to: "Most popular Korean celebs", and I won't say a word, but don't use "SINGER" and "Blackpink" in the same sentence, because it's actually an insult to these Legends on this list!

• The soloist list isn't "Best Soloists"; it's "Most Loved Soloists" according to other translations. Part of me isn't surprised by the recency bias, as they included younger people in the survey.

• Yet again a non-Korean teaching Koreans who they should consider as a great in their country...the joke keeps writing itself. Imagine the sheer audacity to tell Koreans you know better than them as an outsider about who their country's greats are :meme-erm:

I don't have to be Korean or live in Korea to know who deserve to be on a "The best singer" list. Just because you're a Korean, doesn't mean you know more. I mean, IF you're a Korean. Anyone can say anything online nowadays.

No one is more clueless than Knetz. They prove it every week.

BTW, if you're a Korean, why are you even here? There's no Korean Forum in your country? Koreans should be the last ones who's talking about "audacity", when "your" people judging every celeb based on their looks and what they're wearing, and who they're dating with, and so on.

• You're seriously crying over the results of an entertainment poll?

Real Important To Keep Your Priorities Straight GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Who's crying? I only said, people say this is the best poll, and I showed you why they are wrong!

If BTS is not on this list, ARMY would lose their minds, so don't be a hypocrite, please! Many of my faves are on this list, and I said they don't deserve it. So, it's not like I'm biased.

• Gallop tends to be a very reliable polling firm.

• The list is obviously about success, not about who sings better, I think if you don't realize about this then don't even join the conversation. Considering that, the list makes perfect sense.

In general artists with massive fandoms might do slighty better than they should since there's that fandom that will vote blindly for them, but in this case I'd say LYW is the one that got the bigger boost, and BTS members in the soloists poll too.

To deny BTS as a group is the most important music act in korea's history at this point is completely ridiculous, it's not just about the impact of their music, but their international impact is acknowledged by koreans and it's something they're proud of. You can discuss that maybe IU or Cho Yong Pil for example could be higher than them, there're arguments and they all would make sense, but it's nothing surprising that BTS are #1.

Similar thing with BP but a step lower obviously, I've the feeling you don't realize about how important it is for koreans to see these artists doing that well worldwide, it's something they're proud of and they value these artists a lot because of this. Also of course the recent popularity of the artists can have some effect, it's not weird that you think first about an artist that was peaking 5 years ago and not the one peaking 15 years ago, and for the younger audience it's even worse, if they asked someone with 18 years old they're not going to vote Seo Taiji, but that's just common sense.

There's nothing perfect and that includes Gallup, but if we talk about the ranks we can see, Gallup is definitely one of the most accurated you can find, with some flaws yeah, but way way better than any voting of any show or award or anything you can find on Twitter

• No, they're not Legends. Being Mainstream is not the same as being a Legend! You're talking about KPOP, this is a list about KOREAN SINGERS in general!

In a Kpop list, I would put BTS in the TOP10 for sure, not as #1, but still. But not BP, because MUSIC wise they don't have ANYTHING to show.

Saying, BTS and Blackpink are on the same level as Living Legends like: Cho Yong Pil, Na Hoon Ah, Lee Mija, Seo Taeji is an absolute JOKE! I wouldn't put IU on the #1 spot if we include these people! These people are in this industry for like 3 or 4 times longer than any soloist or group on this list. This is what we call Legend, not a group with 30 songs!

They’re legends and Koreans agree like no one takes a random opinion from a foreigners the amount of essays isn’t going to change it so stop whining.

• The list is obviously about success, not about who sings better, I think if you don't realize about this then don't even join the conversation. Considering that, the list makes perfect sense.

In general artists with massive fandoms might do slighty better than they should since there's that fandom that will vote blindly for them, but in this case I'd say LYW is the one that got the bigger boost, and BTS members in the soloists poll too.

If it's about success, don't give it a name like: "The best singer".

And if it's about success, do we really think Blackpink is on the same level as the others in Korea? I don't think so, but that's another topic.

To deny BTS as a group is the most important music act in korea's history at this point is completely ridiculous, it's not just about the impact of their music, but their international impact is acknowledged by koreans and it's something they're proud of. You can discuss that maybe IU or Cho Yong Pil for example could be higher than them, there're arguments and they all would make sense, but it's nothing surprising that BTS are #1.

I'm not denying their influence and importance, but compared to the others on this list, they shouldn't be the #1. The whole list is messed up, because it's about SINGERS, yet you can see multiple groups in it as well.

Why BoA is not on that list as well, she literally saved SME from bankruptcy as a 14 years old girl! She's the main reason Kpop has the system that we know nowadays. THAT's the REAL impact, not becoming massively popular.

I wouldn't say, BTS's music had that big of an impact on the music industry. It's not like they're original, they're just another boy group like Bigbang, Shinee, HOT, Seo Taji or G.O.D, etc. They just more mainstream. And I say this while I like their music!

Similar thing with BP but a step lower obviously, I've the feeling you don't realize about how important it is for koreans to see these artists doing that well worldwide, it's something they're proud of and they value these artists a lot because of this.

This is why I said, including BP on a list like this is basically an insult to the others. Sure, they are massive, but what did they do in Korea in the past couple of years? Nothing. They're basically a Western Pop group. I would TWICE above them IF I really need to pick another girl group. The sad reality of these lists is people think, popularity makes someone great and influential, not their talent and the quality of their work.

• They’re legends and Koreans agree like no one takes a random opinion from a foreigners the amount of essays isn’t going to change it so stop whining.

You mean Korean KIDS who see a poll with their faves and they vote. That's all, basically, and that's why it's irrelevant!

Keep talking shit about I'm being a "foreigner", but it won't make your point valid. It's like saying only Korean can write an opinion about Korean music. Dumbest shit ever!

• And they also criticize Koreans who believe in shamans, while they themselves believe in the reliability and validity of some surveys. :eyeroll-pepe:

Dude, this is Gallup, not kpop brand reputation

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallup,_Inc.

Gallup, Inc. is an American multinational analytics and advisory company based in Washington, D.C. Founded by George Gallup in 1935, the company became known for its public opinion polls conducted worldwide. Gallup provides analytics and management consulting to organizations globally.

• Who's crying? I only said, people say this is the best poll, and I showed you why they are wrong!

If BTS is not on this list, ARMY would lose their minds, so don't be a hypocrite, please! Many of my faves are on this list, and I said they don't deserve it. So, it's not like I'm biased.

Hypocrite? I'd never cry over a poll like this, regardless of BTS being on it or not, so it's not hypocritical for me to point out that you need to sort out your priorities.

When you're so incensed that a national poll - on kpop no less - doesn't reflect your personal taste and values that you're reacting like this?

:wilds:

Boo You Gotta Get It Together GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Dude, this is Gallup, not kpop brand reputation

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallup,_Inc.

Actually: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallup_Korea

Gallup Korea (Korean: 한국갤럽) or Gallup Korea Research Institute (Korean: 한국갤럽조사연구소) is a South Korean research company. Founded by Park Moo-ik in 1974, the company became a member ofGallup International Association in 1997. It is best known for conducting public surveys on political, entertainment, sports, as well as on social subjects

• The problem here is obvious, you're not using the same metrics as the 99% of the rest do, that's it.

I find perfectly fine if you think talent and quality are more important, but that's not how these things work, if that's the case we would probably have to put 10 nugus. Impact is not that, the impact is directly reflected on the popularity and success of the acts, like it or not it's what everybody understand as impact.

Your opinion is still respectable even though it's not the common one, but you should learn to respect the others too.

• Too many gallups :pepe-life-support: i didn't know they aren't the same. Both do polling and research tho.

So gallup korea is a part of

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik…International_Association

It doesn't matter, it doesn't change the essence.

People live in the era of the Internet, where polls can be conducted on several million people, but of course someone thinks that the opinion of 1000 will reflect the mood of the entire population, this does not happen simply because it is extremely difficult to have accurate data based on only 0.0002%. The problem is that most likely these 1000 people were polled only in a couple of large cities of the country. In my country, polls are conducted every month, but these polls are conducted only in a couple of large cities where the mentality of people is different from others, different standards of living, different accessibility. Should we trust the results based on the more successful part of the population?

• I didn't say they were Korean, secondly, do you believe that if they are from the US, then they have a high level of reliability? Gallup's research methodology is long outdated, now it is completely irrelevant. :pepe-tea:

i made a mistake, ves posted the right link. and they aren't from the us. Do you feel better now? Are results more reliable?

You don't like the results, which means methodology is outdated lol

• There are objective methods of rating the songs and critically acclaim albums but Music is still very much subjective! So take the results with the grain of salt since 99% of respondents are not professionals musicians or producers! And you are saying about legendary status and other stuff but Korean GP doesn’t know history of every single artist, so they just vote who they think are the best or legendary and you can’t do anything about it! And there will be recency bias and the age of respondents will affect to the overall result a lot!

You are simply over complicating this Poll! Nobody says that this is 100% legitimate and we don’t know how many people have participated in this poll or Gallup, but the list is more or less decent

• No, they're not Legends. Being Mainstream is not the same as being a Legend! You're talking about KPOP, this is a list about KOREAN SINGERS in general!

Who cares. Gallup is a survey. Survey is about popularity and recognition

You could be the best singer but if you and your songs are not popular who cares?

Also, if your faves had hits but fell off drastically, you cant fault the poll for forgetting them

Move on LMAO

• If it's about success, don't give it a name like: "The best singer".

it is a literal translate from korean which the meaning could be slightly different in the context. When people says best singers - it could mean the greatest artists too. Doesnt mean technically, can be due to their wide influence etc

And if it's about success, do we really think Blackpink is on the same level as the others in Korea? I don't think so, but that's another topic.

This is why I said, including BP on a list like this is basically an insult to the others. Sure, they are massive, but what did they do in Korea in the past couple of years? Nothing. They're basically a Western Pop group. I would TWICE above them IF I really need to pick another girl group. The sad reality of these lists is people think, popularity makes someone great and influential, not their talent and the quality of their work.

Stay pressed over Blackpink's wider recognitions both in Korea and WW. No matter what you think, Blackpink has left a much greater impact to the kpop scene notwithstanding their little discography.

Twice was dominant in their first 2 years but they fell off drastically. Moreover, none of its members are staying relevant - Nayeon just flopped hard with comeback. No group can stay relevant like Blackpink and its individual members.

Mind you, Jennie had a #1 collab this year + Lisa had back to back songs hitting the top10 WW spotify. They are still the 2nd female group with most streams this year just slightly behind NJ. Not long ago Jisoo had one fo the most viral hit Flower and Rosé debut album crossed 800mil streams which is record breaking for Korean female soloist.

Stay mad. Maybe create your own poll if you dont like Gallup.

• This thread contains 87 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!