Predictions for Fifty Fifty redebut

• Simple question, do you think they will succeed? 22

1. Yes (19) 86%
    2. No (3) 14%

After whole lawsuit fiasco and members departure with only Keena remaining, 5050 will debut with four new members. Some members are already known to the public and that was received with mixed reactions (like that girl from r u next).

While international fans want to boycott this group, reading comments on paŋn it seems like this group has some solid support from kfans.

I think they plan to cb September 20th while they will drop pre release on August 30th.

So what do we think?

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Looking at this clip I definitely think that Aran and Sio voice are missing, their parts in cupid hard carried and it is hard to replace because their voices were unique.

But at the same time I can't wait for the new line up to finally sing cupid bcs I am curious. :hazquestion:

~ Retired exol, don't ask me about that group. ~

• They will do well in Korea, by that I mean they won't be so nugu, maybe top 500 on Melon, I have no clue about sales, even the Original 50/50 did not sell many albums.

Internationally that is a question mark, antis are more loud than real.

• They will do well in Korea, by that I mean they won't be so nugu, maybe top 500 on Melon, I have no clue about sales, even the Original 50/50 did not sell many albums.

Internationally that is a question mark, antis are more loud than real.

I think they will do better than top 500, I expect them to rank in top 100 or even better.

• It depends on what you mean by success.

It's easy to support or hate on them online since that's free to do.

They're from a smaller company, so the song they pick needs to be good. Their marketing and built-in advantages that big companies such as SME, YGE, JYPE, and HYBE have isn't there. I wouldn't put them as having the advertising advantages of the next tier of companies like Starship, RBW, DSP, Cube, etc. either.

They do have some advantages that smaller companies don't have. With the Fifty Fifty name, they have a huge built-in subscriber base, so their next release will have the reach that is effectively at the level of big groups:

Spotify Monthly Listeners (YouTube Subscribers)

Fifty Fifty: 7.666 million (1.170 million)

Aespa: 10.781 million (6.420 million)

New Jeans: 15.736 million (7.580 million)

IVE: 6.539 million (3.740 million)

(G)I-DLE: 9.458 million (8.890 million)

STAYC: 2.147 million (1.74 million)

BABYMONSTER: 8.159 million (6.73 million)

NMIXX: 3.437 million (2.73 million)

Twice: 8.426 million (17.4 million)

MAMAMOO: 2.074 million (6.94 million)

BLACKPINK: 15.226 million (94.6 million)

LE SSERAFIM: 10.559 million (5.39 million)

Red Velvet: 6.475 million (5.47 million)

Dreamcatcher: 1.190 million (1.77 million)

ITZY: 4.346 million (9.24 million)

So what they need is quality music over a number of comebacks (not just this comeback but over multiple comebacks), some good old payola, and getting their idols out there into the public.

If success means having another "Cupid," then no. Do I expect them to be a top gg group (e.g., Aespa)? No, I'd be surprised. Do they have a chance to be in that next tier (e.g., STAYC)? Yes, they have a chance.

For this next come back? It will get attention for sure, so it will be successful in that regard. If they end their careers comparable to groups such as EXID, AOA, and 4Minute, then that would be a success for them. I'll be optimistic and say, they'll do it. Some of their old songs were quite good. However, Ahn Sung-il had some good insight including getting "Cupid" an English version, so we'll see if they can get someone as good or better.

• I definitely think that some people think that anything bellow cupid success immediately means flop, but my definition of success is basically something decemt, something that's obviously not a flop.

• We'll just have to wait and see. The needle will move either way. So my stance is neutral, I suppose.

No way we are letting a company just find and replace members and re-debut an existing group

Yes, let's all send protest trucks because we somehow have control over what the label does.

"You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't bout how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward." ~ Rocky Balboa

• I definitely think that some people think that anything bellow cupid success immediately means flop, but my definition of success is basically something decemt, something that's obviously not a flop.

Those are opps that are trying to smoke the Fifty pack :siptear:

I mean, flop depends on the group. One group's flop is another's success. They just re-uploaded a bunch of videos, but I see that their non-Cupid videos get around 4.5 million views, so that should be the bare minimum to aim for. At least 5 million. Their special live is getting close to a million though, so that should be within reach.

If they get to around to the 10 million to 40 million range, especially on the higher end, then I would consider that a great success.

Edit: Actually, I found the perfect comparison: TripleS. Fifty Fifty should try to aim for that, so around 10 to 15 million views.

Edited once, last by Varenka ().

• Those type of views are hard even for top groups

• thing is, it rlly depends on how good the song is, bc some ppl are boycotting the song, but they wont do like good good js good

ᴏɴ ʜɪᴀᴛᴜꜱ

ɪᴠᴇ ᴛxᴛ ᴛᴡɪᴄᴇ ᴇɴʜʏᴘᴇɴ ᴛʀɪᴘʟᴇꜱ

2a806ffe9815a47ac4e5534b70069637ce97908b.gifv

• I think we need to "forget" Cupid success and not compare it with their new re debut as it's almost impossible to recreate such a sensation like this is the second biggest ww kpop song ever imo.

About them: they don't have a stable fb in Korea neither in any other place, there were pretty pretty new when that disaster happened so they need to re debut with a good song and promote quite a lot to start gaining a kr fb as Koreans are mostly on their sides and will check them out without negative feelings and from then on they need to actively promote in Asia, do fanmeetings, etc while they are on the media's eyes. They need to use this opportunity to stablish an at least 100k album sales per era fb.

I don't expect them to hit big big right from the start, but with the right marketing and promotion they can do good enough to promote for like 7 years or more.

International side will be a little difficult, but we know how online hate is non existent irl like.. any other top gg have tons and tons of hate posts about them and they are doing just fine, I expect this same reaction in 50/50 case, but I don't think this'll stop them on getting some ifans.

• I think we need to "forget" Cupid success and not compare it with their new re debut as it's almost impossible to recreate such a sensation like this is the second biggest ww kpop song ever imo.

About them: they don't have a stable fb in Korea neither in any other place, there were pretty pretty new when that disaster happened so they need to re debut with a good song and promote quite a lot to start gaining a kr fb as Koreans are mostly on their sides and will check them out without negative feelings and from then on they need to actively promote in Asia, do fanmeetings, etc while they are on the media's eyes. They need to use this opportunity to stablish an at least 100k album sales per era fb.

I don't expect them to hit big big right from the start, but with the right marketing and promotion they can do good enough to promote for like 7 years or more.

International side will be a little difficult, but we know how online hate is non existent irl like.. any other top gg have tons and tons of hate posts about them and they are doing just fine, I expect this same reaction in 50/50 case, but I don't think this'll stop them on getting some ifans.

I think if theh debut and gain any type of noise from public that would be successful and possible start in the right direction. Rn they literally have nothing

• I think if theh debut and gain any type of noise from public that would be successful and possible start in the right direction. Rn they literally have nothing

Yes, they are basically starting as 50/50 didn't even promote that much with the og line up so it's a start with some different situations, but in the end as they have "nothing" they should use this opportunity to drop a bop and keep the momentum big enough to get a fb!!

• Bae, I am not Korean netizen but I am a fan!

Someone like you 이 세상 단 하나

서로를 길들였지 너와 난

도망치고 싶던 나에게

"내일 또 만나" 말해주던 아이

반짝임에 현혹돼

네 손을 다 놓친 채

한참을 헤맨 뒤에

깨닫게 돼 오랜 너의 한마디

나는 믿어 we are meant to be

늦어져도 돼 난 늘 여기

내일에서 기다릴 테니

There'll be no more sorrow, I'll see you there tomorrow

황금빛 너의 머릿결 땜에

빛나는 밀밭을 사랑하듯

너의 발자욱 소리 소리가

들려오면 난 행복할 거야

그 평범한 약속엔

흔한 말뿐인데

매 순간 느낀 설렘

너로 인해 내게 온 기적 같아

나는 믿어 we are meant to be

늦어져도 돼 난 늘 여기

내일에서 기다릴 테니

기다릴 테니

떠올려 너와 내 promise

반드시 널 알아볼 테니

내일에서 만나는 우린

함께 저 너머로 I'll see you there tomorrow

ᴏɴ ʜɪᴀᴛᴜꜱ

ɪᴠᴇ ᴛxᴛ ᴛᴡɪᴄᴇ ᴇɴʜʏᴘᴇɴ ᴛʀɪᴘʟᴇꜱ

2a806ffe9815a47ac4e5534b70069637ce97908b.gifv

• Yes, they are basically starting as 50/50 didn't even promote that much with the og line up so it's a start with some different situations, but in the end as they have "nothing" they should use this opportunity to drop a bop and keep the momentum big enough to get a fb!!

Yes, which is why everything but indifference would be a success in my eyes. Like... we don't even have an opinion about this group and we barely saw these girls talking :skull:

• No way we are letting a company just find and replace members and re-debut an existing group

Well they left themselves technically

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Oh.. idk this

• frankly I wish all 8 of them success

None of these young women deserve to lose their chance bc of some greedy management

I liked the snippet, the international fans hating are ridiculous. They can spend the energy supporting the other 3 if they want to.

External Content www.youtube.com

• alot will tune in because of the scandal, past performance and see what this new group will be like.

if the song's good. that will put them in a good spot

None of these young women deserve to lose their chance bc of some greedy management

I liked the snippet, the international fans hating are ridiculous. They can spend the energy supporting the other 3 if they want to.

Yeah, I will definitely keep an eye on other 3 members redebut.

Period!! In the end they were "kids" played by the greedy adults and irresponsible parents..

I hope they all find success and peace of mind.

• This thread contains 10 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!