Predict now. Does new jeans have a future?

• Yes. But they gotta be smart.

Hybe wants them still because they make money.

They should renegotiate a 7 year renewal and put in guarantees for what they want, like more % of the profit or be in a movie or dramas or have a solo album.

• Hybe is not at mercy it seems, given they said "long vacation" and they have hold of evidence of text messages and plans to get their label Ador and NJ out of Hybe.

As long as they don't continue to burn bridges with HYBE, they will keep moving forward.

They need to make their stance clear once MHJ is fired, and they have probably seen the text messages by now. If they still side with MHJ, good luck.

• They have future, it’s not over but I don’t think it’ll be fine either. Both their options look pretty bleak! Stay with HYBE and they’ll be taken apart from the inside especially with all the public support they’ve had for HYBE’s number 1 enemy. Leave and HYBE will make it their goal to bring them down and MHJ has been outed to be unstable and untrusting, they will lose their support and aid of HYBE and HYBE stans. I don’t think they’ll disband but I think the outcome will be bad either way :oops:

• It doesn't matter, probably now they won't get that much pampered like they used to. Their parents and their behaviour is very out of ordinary for me to judge, it's as if they have resolve of steel when it comes to their current CEO. That sort of rigid choice and news that they prior tried to terminate their contract, idk why these girls don't want to work with hybe anymore.

I thought kpop industry is mostly ruthless and strict and even groups like black pink went to period of much greater trouble (and serious) with yge, but they didn't jump to terminate contract, they probably made more money than nj too.

• Yes. But they gotta be smart.

Hybe wants them still because they make money.

They should renegotiate a 7 year renewal and put in guarantees for what they want, like more % of the profit or be in a movie or dramas or have a solo album.

They have already showed support for mhj in court.. and HyBe has already been wanting to shelve them.

They don't need their money. They care more abkfj their pride. New jeans dug their hole once they supported mhj first.

• Idk, their international fandom isn't big enough to pull huge numbers without Hybe payola. And lbr, the only thing making them the #1 GG was their international charting. Top GG in Korea changes every year, 2022 was IVE, 2023 NJ and 2024 seems to be Aespa's year.

I am waiting to see how their songs will chart without playlisting and all. And I don't mean How Sweet/Bubblegum but their full album whenever it drops. I don't think they are done as a group tho. They will continue to be a solid top 3 4th gen GG until their contracts are up.

loml

Edited once, last by vzal ().

• I don't think so. They don't stand a chance either way. If they had kept quiet, HYBE would have put them on hiatus anyway. But since they are on MHJ's side, HYBE will probably kick them all out and blacklist them. Sucks for them no matter how you look at it.

• they have no future. 1) they're immediately going on an 18 month "vacation". 2) Bang PD is petty and vindictive 3) it's pretty obvious at this point that they will pour all their resources into illit. Grammy producer and hit songs... why give it to NJ when they can just give it to illit.

• i think they’re over 🫠 the best music in kpop and we barely got any

unless… they come up with an idea so fashion forward for their next comeback it unites the world!!

• Idk, their international fandom isn't big enough to pull huge numbers without Hybe payola. And lbr, the only thing making them the #1 GG was their international charting. Top GG in Korea changes every year, 2022 was IVE, 2023 NJ and 2024 seems to be Aespa's year.

I am waiting to see how their songs will chart without playlisting and all. And I don't mean How Sweet/Bubblegum but their full album whenever it drops. I don't think they are done as a group tho. They will continue to be a solid top 3 4th gen GG until their contracts are up.

This is a clown take. They hold every meaningful chart record in Korea, swept every major daesang in a way we haven't seen since SNSD or EVER, dominated the Gallup Survey poll, have almost twice the amount of hours at #1 on the charts as the next closest group, shattered the record for Circle Digital Index Score by over a billion points, have the highest selling debut album by a girl group ever, shattered the all time PAK record, and Hype Boy is already in the discussion for the most statically impressive girl group song ever.

I don't know why people push this narrative that any group is in NJ's class in Korea. They aren't.

NJ performs like IU in Korea, not like a girl group.

And to answer the thread, I don't know.

• It’s probably over for them, hybe will not invest like they used too… without the payola they will decline easily

They will become #1 legacy group though, at least tokki will still have something to cling on :pepe-smug:

⭐️LISA CAN YOU TEACH ME JAPANESE⭐️

• The way you write the same thing over and over, I honestly feel bad for you cuz nobody cares :pepe-sad:

• Hi,

My answer: I don't know and it doesn't look good. They are getting dragged everywhere. Even if the intention of the individual was to shade only either Hybe or MHJ, it doesn't matter, NJ has been impacted (so has ILLIT and LSSF for that matter) Even their parents have gotten dragged in by some people whose never had kids and would NOT understand what it's like to raise one. You have people online who misconstrue inspiration vs plagiarism, promotion vs payola and who have no understanding of how music industry machinations work. You have "reporters" whose sole purpose is to get clicks and views without asking "should I print this story even if its conjecture and interpretation" and worse bloggers pretending to be journalists, and "fans" with their fake care.

IMO, right now the members can't win. If they stay with MHJ, they'll have the full weight of their unlimited number of haters to pounce on and attempt to destroy anything they put out. If they stay with HYBE, they'll get benched and they'll still have a cadre of haters shooting for their downfall even if they comeback.

Lastly, put yourself in their shoes. How could you trust EITHER ONE of MHJ and HYBE to have your best intentions after everything that has happened?

-knysom

• The way you write the same thing over and over, I honestly feel bad for you cuz nobody cares :pepe-sad:

All of my threads get tons of engagement and hundreds of responses more often than not.

Nobody believes you.

Apply the makeup, clown. You don't know what you're talking about, which is why you went straight to ad hominem instead of bringing some objective facts to the table to offer a proper retort.

NewJeans has been the biggest girl group in Korea since debut and the numbers support that tenfold.

We all know if Twice had a gap this large between them and their peers, you wouldn't shut up about them still being the Nation's Girl Group, so don't try that bullshit here with NewJeans.

Speak from knowledge and fact or you're going to get checked.

• honestly co'sidering how the plagiarism accusations coming out

their futur will depend on who wins the hybe/mhj fight

but also if they'll able to drive away from these accusations and be able to show that they have something unique

cause in the future if new plagiarism accusations like the one coming out continue to come during their next cb they'll look like a fraud to the koreans public and it can have a negative impact on their image and charting

so it'll also depend on the future creative direction they'll take will hybe take it in charge and make something more orignal

or will mhj continue to manage their creative direction and risk to have more copy allegation coming back to her face

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• You people talking about payola are crazy. Like obviously to some extent HyBe has pull and maybe not everything was done with honesty.

But new jeans is a mega sensation in Korea and internationally they are successful. New jeans is the biggest GG since blackpink. They're only getting bigger and bigger. They don't need payola they live free in everyone's minds.

As long as they promote and have music that's all they need. But the problem is are they even going to promote at all. That is what I'm afraid of.

• Out of all the answers here you responded to this comment you are never beating the allegations

• You people talking about payola are crazy. Like obviously to some extent HyBe has pull and maybe not everything was done with honesty.

But new jeans is a mega sensation in Korea and internationally they are successful. New jeans is the biggest GG since blackpink. They're only getting bigger and bigger. They don't need payola they live free in everyone's minds.

As long as they promote and have music that's all they need. But the problem is are they even going to promote at all. That is what I'm afraid of.

If Illit managed to pull their numbers with zero hype how do you think they have started to take some Blackpink’s achievements ;judgingpepe: Bfrr

• Out of all the answers here you responded to this comment you are never beating the allegations

And you're just mad because you took offense as an IVE success stan but be real. They're not in the same weight class :meme-kek:

Now I've been VERY nice and quiet regarding recent chart performances, but if you really want me to... ¬‿¬

• Brings up every 2023 NJ accomplishment and wants me to believe that they were bigger than IVE in SK in 2022. Bffr.

Ive was #1 for 4th gen groups in Gallup that year and that's all that matters.

loml

• Probably just a bump in the road, even if I always said I think their popularity would decline this and next year because of their boring music. But hey, some seems to like them so I don't they will turn over and die that easy even if their best days are over.....

• This thread contains 29 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!