Hybe's desperation and a more realistic view on BTS' future

• a lot of questionable decisions Hybe has made over the last few years originates from Bang Sihyuk's insecurity.

He was a mere composer under JYPE, and got big while JYP was obsessed with USA. The famous socks incident occurred when Bang went to USA with JYP during the attempt of Wonder Girls to promote in USA.

So, like most self made people, he is never secure .

His insecurity, and his desire to establish himself as a tycoon in Korea to cement his position there, appears to be the cause of many of his seemingly incomprehensible decisions.

The cold truth is Min Heejin and Ador did represent the future of Hybe.

Although TWS did better than usual in its debut, that was unexpected. Big Hit, Bts' division, has no new boy groups being planned - its tradition will die with txt.

Ador's new boy group, which will probably never see the light of day, would have carried the torch of Hybe's success. Min Heejin knew the weaknesses and strong points of Hybe, and knew she would be in a domineering position if her boy group became as big as, or larger, than New Jeans.

The cold truth is BTS at most has 5 years from now, or 3 years from 2026, the first realistic year when they can tour, 7 years after their last major tour and 4 years after their last concert, when Taylor Swift was just a contender against it and had not become the Person of the Year.

txt, what a huge disappointment.

I have debunked the longer career argument, thrown by Korean incels to justify BTS' enlistment. Do you seriously think that they would be dancing the numbers when they are 40? Seokjjn will be 35 in 2026!

I have said at least 10 times that in late 2021 BTS and Bang should have headquartered themselves at some place in USA, tour it, do not return to Korea, do not release any solo albums which mostly proved to be a waste of time and money overall, and let his underlings and Min Heejin release the girl groups.

But he could not trust Min Heejin and interfered with Le Sserafim, which led her to distrust him.

BTS' 2028 tours , if there is one since its contract will end in 2027, will begin to show quite a few arenas as whatever remaining of its energy will be consumed in 2026 while Taylor Swift and others will all gang up on it. Investors will see that its peak is over, and none of the other acts would be worthy to justify Hybe's stock prices. TWS has a Chinese member, like most Pledis groups, which means it will emphasize Asia just like Seventeen.

New Jeans would be doing blackpink-style tours, this year's Japan interlude notwithstanding. Illit, with 2 Japanese members, won't leave there.

Which basically means the only act with a shot to carry BTS' torch under Hybe would have been the Ador new boy group, which would have been Min Heejin's masterpiece.

That made the rest of Hybe's labels desperate, and probably Bang too. This move probably saved BTS' comeback in 2026, when Min Heejin would probably had the largest impact if she would have struck Hybe then, but Hybe cannot hide its desperation.

She knew it, and the guy who encouraged her to strike out knew it too, and they demanded a higher share . The better showings of TWS and Illit were unexpected and that made Bang to refuse MHJ's offer and we all know what happened next.

The truth is

1 BTS will decline. Its return won't be as impressive as some Armies still believe.

2. Ador's new boy group would have been what would have maintained Hybe's dominance.

3. Bang's insecurity, his desire to be recognized among Korea's elites, and his reliance on Korean investment made him to pander to Korean opinion, instead of moving his HQ to USA and investing fully on BTS' heyday, only (maybe) releasing them after their peak would have been over.

Bang wanted to look good in Korea, probably the most foolish business decision in the 2020s to be studied in business schools around the world for quite a long, long time, and that came from his own insecurity.

• All of 2022 post their hiatus announcement and 2023 you kept posting about how BTS will be touring arenas in 2025-26, now you are shifting goalposts to them touring arenas in 2028? Will you keep pushing their arena tour ahead by every 2 years? 8|

• Tldr; Hybe is realistically going no where, it has lot of cash and assets to liquidate at time of need and this whole drama isn't even that big, min actually planned everything very well hence the impact looks big but it is not in reality.

Also, BTS....sigh.... Let me be clear, they are bigger than these things, they are probably bigger than kpop but idk and bighit (the company that manages them) has lots of assets of their own. Hybe and bighit are different.

Anyways, I am not particularly a fan but at some point I feel unrealistic expectations should stop, unless they disband, nothing will overtake them or cause them issues.

• BTS will already be a 12 years group in 2025. I don't expect them to a release album every year anymore. They already talked about wanting to do solo tours and receiving acting offers. 2025-2026 will most likely be focused on group activities but afterwards, it could be anything.

• i wouldve liked to see what kind of boy group mhj would have made

yeah i wish the bts thing wasnt true but in the past four years for me at least bts have lost a lot of their charm.

i'm really hoping there new comeback will be in korean at least

• Kpoppies have the memory of a fly. They forgot that the more you attack BTS the stronger they become

Looking forward to that 10M album sales

Sorry, Seventeen already got their 10M. Seventeen also entered the soccer stadium before BTS

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Pledis' Han Sungsoo is silent. Watching the show, without saying anything. If MHJ wins this round HSS will strike too.

• i wouldve liked to see what kind of boy group mhj would have made

yeah i wish the bts thing wasnt true but in the past four years for me at least bts have lost a lot of their charm.

i'm really hoping there new comeback will be in korean at least

Too much time has passed since their peak . They don't have the sway they used to have, something some Armies are trying to deny.

• BTS will already be a 12 years group in 2025. I don't expect them to a release album every year anymore. They already talked about wanting to do solo tours and receiving acting offers. 2025-2026 will most likely be focused on group activities but afterwards, it could be anything.

I do not see everyone continuing with Hybe at 2027. I personally think Taehyung will join whatever MHJ would be doing by that point of time.

• is this your way of saying bts 2026 cb will be a success?

Success can be defined many ways

1. It won't unseat Taylor Swift's global domination. When she became the Time Magazine Person of the Year, she became the greatest singer of humankind. Thanks to Bang's decision to play a tycoon in Korea.

2. Seventeen already broke all the sales record. They will be behind SVT

3. Again, if they did the tour in 2021-22, it would have shook the world. Now, anything they do will be compared to the Eras Tour, and won't be really relevant.

• The question for me is less of 'will BTS decline post military' and more 'will BTS stay with Hybe post military'.

They've described the relationship as a strategic partnership so, if Hybe proves itself useful to them, they'll stay. But the way Hybe is proving incapable of protecting them, weaponizing them and their fans at every chance, at some point the drama Hybe causes won't be worth it to them and they may even try to leave their contracts early.

And realistically, Hybe has thus far proven the leadership can't even begin to replicate such a successful group, or even 1/10th the success and are willing to burn creatives with the ability to create a highly successful group so why should the people under them try? So what is the future of Hybe? Continuing to buy up companies that already have successful groups? But there are limitations and this round we are seeing very few stand out groups from small companies, and with their history of disbanding groups, will those companies even sell?

• The question for me is less of 'will BTS decline post military' and more 'will BTS stay with Hybe post military'.

They've described the relationship as a strategic partnership so, if Hybe proves itself useful to them, they'll stay. But the way Hybe is proving incapable of protecting them, weaponizing them and their fans at every chance, at some point the drama Hybe causes won't be worth it to them and they may even try to leave their contracts early.

And realistically, Hybe has thus far proven the leadership can't even begin to replicate such a successful group, or even 1/10th the success and are willing to burn creatives with the ability to create a highly successful group so why should the people under them try? So what is the future of Hybe? Continuing to buy up companies that already have successful groups? But there are limitations and this round we are seeing very few stand out groups from small companies, and with their history of disbanding groups, will those companies even sell?

Their contract end collectively on 2027. I don't see most of them, other than RM and JK, staying with Hybe and it is likely that Taehyung will join MHJ's new venture.

A close analogy is the fall of USSR. There was a rebellion in Estonia in 1989, which Moscow could not suppress, and that led other republics to leave the Union.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!