where would you put ILLIT among all top 4th gen girl group ?

• I think your tiers are a bit off, but I'd say A-tier. They just debuted and haven't had back to back hits like the other top GGs.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Did you know the person whipping out a folding chair in the

What’s so controversial :holding-back-tears:

These groups need to last enough 2-3 years for me to accurately say how well they’re going to do.

New jeans already imploded after one year lol. Aespa could only have one mega hit followed by fairly steady but not mega hits. IVE did really well in Korea but their numbers aren’t like new jeans internationally. ITZY did well internationally for a bit and then fell off hard. So none of these groups have had the decisive top crown so might as well make rankings based on current performance and currently ILLIT with their billboard entry and Korean charting are up there in S

• imo your only as good as your last comeback. #1 or #2

I only care about Global results, as is where all the money is.

Korea is just too easy to Sajaegi

Edited once, last by K-PL ().

• What’s so controversial :holding-back-tears:

These groups need to last enough 2-3 years for me to accurately say how well they’re going to do.

New jeans already imploded after one year lol. Aespa could only have one mega hit followed by fairly steady but not mega hits. IVE did really well in Korea but their numbers aren’t like new jeans internationally. ITZY did well internationally for a bit and then fell off hard. So none of these groups have had the decisive top crown so might as well make rankings based on current performance and currently ILLIT with their billboard entry and Korean charting are up there in S

It's not controversial

It's just that I know a certain someone who loves to say how a certain group ended everyone and is leagues above every other group when their faves debut will not like this take despite IllEat having an even more explosive debut than their faves

• It's not controversial

It's just that I know a certain someone who loves to say how a certain group ended everyone and is leagues above every other group when their faves debut will not like this take despite IllEat having an even more explosive debut than their faves

Yeah, you were good until you said this. What a nonsense post.

ILLIT have exactly one song that had great numbers. What about the rest of their debut album?

Attention is still a top 50 song. Hype Boy is still a top 20 song.

NewJeans had their entire discography in the top 30, with Attention and Hype Boy in the top 2 and Cookie in the top 10.

Their debut album is the best selling debut album in girl group history and may already be the most streamed girl group album EVER.

Yeah, ILLIT isn't on that level with just one big song.

Can people try to be objective?

ISaidISaid you're wrong too, but you don't know girl groups very well so it's all good.

I rank ILLIT at A tier, as the Girl Group Professor.

If ILLIT return with a song as big as Magnetic... they'll probably still be A tier.

I need a song as big as Ditto or Super Shy or Hype Boy or I Am or Love Dive, both domestically and internationally to be in S tier consideration.

Honestly NewJeans has set the bar impossibly high. We'll see.

• Currently they’re just a one hit wonder like fifty fifty, you need multiple Bops like IVE to be taken seriously. Not saying they can’t, we just need proof in the pudding

I don’t consider even this ~2 years domination and just about starting to tour and some not even that to be that impressive, let’s check back in like few years I guess.

So it all depends where you draw the line. And right now at this moment ILLIT is in S of their next cb flops they'll drop a tier

• You pray new jeans don’t disband first Yama.

Without a tour they won’t even be remembered for anything soon so let’s revisit after their scandal lol.

• I don’t consider even this ~2 years domination and just about starting to tour and some not even that to be that impressive, let’s check back in like few years I guess.

So it all depends where you draw the line. And right now at this moment ILLIT is in S of their next cb flops they'll drop a tier

I am REALLY curious what your full tier list would look like

• You pray new jeans don’t disband first Yama.

Without a tour they won’t even be remembered for anything soon so let’s revisit after their scandal lol.

Sis. Their Bubblegum YT video blocked PAKs from all the new song releases, even Spot. And all their songs are flying back up the charts by dozens of spots.

They're not going anywhere.

• A tier because they have not toured. [Same reason why NewJeans is not S-tier, only BP and Twice]

BabyMoster is B tier because they do well on the Tube and Spotify, they also got to Melon top 10, so they could move up to A tier soon.

• Magnetic become the fastest song to surpass 100m streams on spotify tied with supershy ( 4th generation) and longevity wise it is also doing better and they are still charting on Spotify usa. Magnetic is also highest charting song on AM among girlgroup and if not bcoz of album bombs, their peak on billboard hot 100 would have been even better so song wise magnetic is huge . But for now illit is just one song tho.

Magnetic >>> illit.

• Sis. Their Bubblegum YT video blocked PAKs from all the new song releases, even Spot. And all their songs are flying back up the charts by dozens of spots.

They're not going anywhere.

I might be wrong about this but is YT the only platform the song is released? I only seen people said it so I could be wrong

Because if so then it should block every song seeing how the combined efforts of multiple streaming platforms are compressed to just YouTube.

It would be embarrassing if an s-tier Big 4 group is unable to block a solo collab with 1/4 the power of a group that you said was ended by your faves 2022

• Magnetic become the fastest song to surpass 100m streams on spotify tied with supershy ( 4th generation) and longevity wise it is also doing better and they are still charting on Spotify usa. Magnetic is also highest charting song on AM among girlgroup and if not bcoz of album bombs, their peak on billboard hot 100 would have been even better so song wise magnetic is huge . But for now illit is just one song tho.

Magnetic >>> illit.

I've said numerous times that Magnetic is he biggest debut SONG we've seen from a girl group, but biggest overall debut definitely goes to NewJeans, and the longevity of their debut songs is historic. Hype Boy is literally entering the discussion for biggest girl group song ever statistically. It won't have the peak numbers (Ditto has all of them), but everything else...

If ILLIT debuted their entire album in the Melon top 10 and got multiple songs on the Hot 100, I'd understand the NJ comparisons, but outside of Magnetic, their other songs aren't even in the picture.

We all know what NewJeans did in their next comeback (video game numbers).

I will shut the hell up if ILLIT even do half as well.

• I might be wrong about this but is YT the only platform the song is released? I only seen people said it so I could be wrong

Because if so then it should block every song seeing how the combined efforts of multiple streaming platforms are compressed to just YouTube.

It would be embarrassing if an s-tier Big 4 group is unable to block a solo collab with 1/4 the power of a group that you said was ended by your faves 2022

What an irrelevant response.

Do you not understand that I was posting in retort to someone saying NewJeans imploded, when the numbers show they're getting more attention than ever?

Have fun pounding that strawman though.

• B-Tier is the same as Le Sserafim, the fact that they have 1 successful track does not give anything at all, because people know Magnetic, not illit. and considering that 150 million was invested in the track, this is not surprising. It’s strange that IVE is not S-tier; they have literally already sold 1 million copies of albums and are the first band in terms of copies sold, and they are doing fine on Spotify.

• I don’t understand why ITZY, StayC and others are written off from the list. As I see, ITZY is currently on world tour number 2 and it's not that bad, isn't that an indicator of quality? Many bands can dream of this, including Hybe.

• B-Tier is the same as Le Sserafim, the fact that they have 1 successful track does not give anything at all, because people know Magnetic, not illit. and considering that 150 million was invested in the track, this is not surprising. It’s strange that IVE is not S-tier; they have literally already sold 1 million copies of albums and are the first band in terms of copies sold, and they are doing fine on Spotify.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I am REALLY curious what your full tier list would look like

I don’t think there’s that much gap between IVE Gidle and New Jeans in Korea and would place these three in S tier. Then I’d place Aespa and LSFM (maybe LSFM dropped after their scandal) after this I’d place Itzy, StayC etc

For international idk everything is so inflated I need to see everyone tour before I make a judgement. These current records in streaming may be used to rank groups but I don’t particularly think they give the true picture and are inflated. So that’s where I stand on that.

• Legit I'm curious later people say I'm giving wrong info that the song is on multiple platforms.

Because I can't find it on Spotify and I don't use anything else so everything is compressed on YouTube only?

It's only on YouTube

• This thread contains 23 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!