JYP has failed at 4th Gen.

• Disclaimer 1: Nothing I am about to say is a comment on the girls talents but JYPs mismanagement. You can be talented and pretty all you want but if your company doesn't know what to do with you tough luck.

Disclaimer 2: For the sake of simplicity I am counting Itzy in 4th gen even though some people consider them 3.5 gen.

JYP truly is lost. When Twice was at the same point in their career that Itzy and Nmixx are now they were pulling all kill after all kill. Even when BP came they both appealed to different demographics so Twice didn't have as much competition. In the sense that BP was girl crush appealing to the west and Twice was bubblegum pop appealing to the Asian market. So they were both on top in their respective genres. But with Itzy and Nmixx neither of them have that. Their competition is a lot more fiercer. Aespa, Gidle, Lee Sserafim, NewJeans, IVE are all killing it. If they weren't from JYP Itzy and Nmixx (provided they were mismanaged the same way) would be B list at best.

Itzy started off strong but somewhere they lost it. I wanna say after Sneakers is where they started going down, I personally didn't like the song but I heard it did well in SK and I can see why. Boys like you was the worst (those lyrics are a crime) and the rest were just meh. Bet on me was good and Cake was okay but nothing really memorable. Cake just sounds like it can be any other girl groups song. I feel bad because looking at their documentary you could tell they are stressed, they are at the point where they are suffering an identity crisis. You can make different music while still having the same style. Spicy and better things still sound like Aepsa songs despite not exactly being the Kwangya concept.

Nmixx has been trying to make up for their debut ever since.. well...their debut. The last CB was off. I listened to the songs several times and can't even remember a word. Plus having a member leave like that has got have been a hard blow. No matter the circumstance loosing a member is hard on a group. Nmixx has an identity but JYP just can't give them good music. He is still stuck in his Suzy trauma and refuses to individually promote the girls even though in 4th gen you kind of need to do that.

I just feel for both groups because they clearly know their situation, JYP is breathing down their necks, competition is fiercer than ever and they're just stuck. Nmixx more so because they're still so new. I think JYP just needs to get a new team for both groups, just fire everyone, get a new team. With Itzy they should just go back to their roots and stick with that. With Nmixx decide either change the concept or find people who can make good songs for their concept.

• ITZY had wonderful 'color' as a group in the beginning then they've lost it due to stupid agency decisions

I can even say same things with NMIXX when they finally did that 'mixx pop' well with DICE and full of flavour b-side COOl they've suddenly changed into some willy wonka kids song, and ahhh

I dunno it's just ITZY are lucky that they didn't had same situation like NMIXX, they didn't lose members so I would say they will be always ok because also members are gorrgggggeous and all of them 'create' viral moments by themselves, like Yuna's U-Go-Girl, Chaeryeong's drinkin with Youngji, etc.

So it's more like ITZY are taking care of themselves, so they are safe and sound

I'm not sure about NMIXX tho, because if agency will continue messing things up, the only good thing that will be left are their crazy sales. Like 1M what hello... to compare STAYC is just selling 1/3 of that, and they manage to put song, after song, after song in Melon TOP 10.

I don't know but you are right with the dumb decisions being done there, and for god's sake I'm even more mad because we all know that SQU4D has female director so i would assume she would make better decisions or at least stick to what they've planned on 'early' stage of group activities...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I can even say same things with NMIXX when they finally did that 'mixx pop' well with DICE and full of flavour b-side COOl they've suddenly changed into some willy wonka kids song, and ahhh

100% those two are my favorite songs from them .... followed by a nursery rhyme. That one was just....like no.

• Jyp should stop producing and writing Teen Crush and Kidz Bop songs. It's getting old now. Every other popular girl group either makes rnb mix y2k or pop songs. They need to come up with good songs and give them different and interesting concept. They definitely need to continue with the Nmixx's mix pop genre concept. Itzy needs to sing more girlcrush songs. They must be consistent in the group image it gives them. The genre of their songs may change, but their group identity should not change.

• Jyp should stop producing and writing Teen Crush and Kidz Bop songs. It's getting old now. Every other popular girl group either makes rnb mix y2k or pop songs. They need to come up with good songs and give them different and interesting concept. They definitely need to continue with the Nmixx's mix pop genre concept. Itzy needs to sing more girlcrush songs. They must be consistent in the group image it gives them. The genre of their songs may change, but their group identity should not change.

I'd agree with this but sneakers sounded like a kidz pop song and did well in korea

When was the last time when itzy had a hit song both in korea and sk? I genuinely don't know, I'm really asking lol. Sneakers didn't do well internationally

As for nmixx; if they want to continue doing nmixx genre they need to make better songs. But if I'm being honest, i don't plan to check on their music. Imo O.o is the worst song ever, the only song i blocked on Spotify. That song ruined them forever to me, i still cannot get how could anyone think that song was ok

The company needs to change something fast, the current direction is obviously not working out

• Slowly but surely, they're trying to course correct lately. To me the mistake was made initially - the initial impulse was to reference pre-existing models which they weren't really able to pull off.

With ITZY they were looking first at BP (girl crush)

With NMIXX they were looking at aespa (noisy, experimental typa girl crush)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!