Kiss of Life and Babymonster rising on Melon fast, but where's the limit?

• The next couple of days will be crucial for them, because both will perform and compete, probably against each other, on Music Shows.

TOP20 is inevitable, or they will go higher? Honestly, I don't think they will reach TOP20, at least not this week. What do you think?

I think TXT and ILLIT is still in the mix for competing on Music Shows, so, who knows what's going to happen. Anyway, so far, they're doing fine on Melon.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• David33

Changed the title of the thread from “Kiss of Life and Babymonster rising on Melon fast, but where the limit?” to “Kiss of Life and Babymonster rising on Melon fast, but where's the limit?”.
  • it will take a while to get there I don't know why it's so hard

It's pretty simple, YG is not mainstream in Korea anymore. Honestly, I love this, because some new and crazy YG stan will learn how organic growth works and how it feels to stan an underrated but talented group. Blonks loved to trash other groups and call them nugus, because BP was mainstream since day 1 thanks to Bigbang and 2Ne1. Some of them now became a BM "fan", but don't have the same luck with them like they did with BP.

What I'm really curious about is how many of them will stick to Babymonster if they won't be half as massive as BP was in their prime. OR even better, BM will become another underrated and talented group like Mamamoo.

I still think YG has other plans because they said they're planning to debut another group soon.

• QWER will enter today.

Wow I'm actually quite surprised by this!

I thought they were a bit more nugu than KioF

Can never trust Korean GP taste. Both songs are borderline barely above mid. Even Magnetic, Easy, and especially Smart are 100x better.

I increasingly begin to lose trust in your taste tbh

• QWER are doing better than both but I honestly don’t know their limit. Sheesh may get into top 20. It is rising fast after the Inkigayo stage as it should, but how long are they promoting is the question. BM are only doing MCountdown and Inkigayo. KIOF may rise to top 30. KIOF have potential to rise more due to more promotions but BM are getting more buzz. Both groups have a potential for first wins which should help momentum.

• They won't have a chance on music shows since there's IILIT with high digi score. Though KOF can get their first win on the show tomorrow if their fans vote hard.

External Content x.com

• QWER are doing better than both but I honestly don’t know their limit. Sheesh may get into top 20. It is rising fast after the Inkigayo stage as it should, but how long are they promoting is the question. BM are only doing MCountdown and Inkigayo. KIOF may rise to top 30. KIOF have potential to rise more due to more promotions but BM are getting more buzz. Both groups have a potential for first wins which should help momentum.

QWER's Magenta (마젠타_ - Twitch) and Chodan (쵸단_ - Twitch) got ~900k followers, so if 1/3rd stream the song once a day, they #1.

• It's pretty simple, YG is not mainstream in Korea anymore. Honestly, I love this, because some new and crazy YG stan will learn how organic growth works and how it feels to stan an underrated but talented group. Blonks loved to trash other groups and call them nugus, because BP was mainstream since day 1 thanks to Bigbang and 2Ne1. Some of them now became a BM "fan", but don't have the same luck with them like they did with BP.

What I'm really curious about is how many of them will stick to Babymonster if they won't be half as massive as BP was in their prime. OR even better, BM will become another underrated and talented group like Mamamoo.

I still think YG has other plans because they said they're planning to debut another group soon.

This just shows that there's no guaranteed instant success even if you're from the big4. Which makes it more impressive for bp's debut era :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• More like 250K because right now KIOF has 163,400 UL, and BM has 139,100 UL.

For comparison, QWER is #13 with 251,600 UL, and ILLIT is #1 with 1,1M.

^^ Goes to show how hard Melon has fallen the last 5 years. It only takes 250k these days?! My God that would get you nowhere in 2018.

The fact that Melon has become the MySpace of Korea is so sad. It used to be the gold standard when BIGBANG and IU were dominating and getting roof hits with over 1 million ULs.

I know Melon has hemmoraged over 50% of its users and now fandoms have taken control of it because it's so easy now, like what happened to Bugs. But it used to reflect the general public's taste.

But I understand it's largely because the Korean public has moved to other platforms like YouTube Music and big labels no longer care about charting in Korea.

It's mostly about money these days and Korea has the population that's only roughly higher than the state of California. There's a market that's 4x its size and 10x its buying power next door in Japan.

So while i understand why labels dont care about the Korean public's taste anymore it's just sad that Melon is basically a bargain bin streaming service now.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• It's pretty simple, YG is not mainstream in Korea anymore. Honestly, I love this, because some new and crazy YG stan will learn how organic growth works and how it feels to stan an underrated but talented group. Blonks loved to trash other groups and call them nugus, because BP was mainstream since day 1 thanks to Bigbang and 2Ne1. Some of them now became a BM "fan", but don't have the same luck with them like they did with BP.

why are you always so toxic? I only said a simple comment. why do "blonks " have anything to with anything? or 2ne1? or big bang? or "crazy fans"

we are only talking about baemon. why do you always bring up other things unrelated to what we are talking about? and You getting this wrong many of us like baemon because of their skills and charms or whatever reason. I mean if we stuck with them during batter up why are we gonna leave them now? I'm only saying this it's because they should have done a bit better it's mostly because I feel a bit bad them their rollout strategy wasn't all that good

• Kiof song doesn't have much momentum. I thought it would be their ASAP but I don't think it's getting there. Maybe I am wrong.

Interestingly babymonster has gained a bigger momentum in past few days and sheesh is now aiming for bigger peaks. The promos started working.

`.¸,°.. EUNBI ..°,¸.´

bd244e5463f542b0458f07ca2f1ac31e381fb86a.gifv b14ebbb2cafd17a83af16ce034df00d7028a5940.gifv

• Kiof song doesn't have much momentum. I thought it would be their ASAP but I don't think it's getting there. Maybe I am wrong.

Interestingly babymonster has gained a bigger momentum in past few days and sheesh is now aiming for bigger peaks. The promos started working.

I need you to stop doomposting KIOF because they are doing just fine. Reached a new peak on Melon daily at 92, re-entered top 100 at 5pm today something they never did before. They are not appearing on big shows like Knowing Bros or It's Live so their jumps obviously won't be as big as BM's who weren't charting at all before KB

• This just shows that there's no guaranteed instant success even if you're from the big4. Which makes it more impressive for bp's debut era :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Actually, that proves otherwise. Blackpink was an instant success thanks to Bigbang and especially 2NE1. Korean thought they will be the new 2NE1. A couple of years later, Knetz lost their interest in Blackpink because 98% of their songs were mainly in English, and they didn't like how they were acting outside of Korea.

Now, YG is not popular, they're literally in the mud since G-Dragon and Teddy left them, so the fact that Babymonster doing okay in Korea is actually surprising, but not that much because they're talented, but if YG won't do a good job later, they will be the next Mamamoo in terms of success. Underrated, but talented and not mainstream.

• Goes to show how hard Melon has fallen the last 5 years. It only takes 250k these days?! My God that would get you nowhere in 2018.

The fact that Melon has become the MySpace of Korea is so sad. It used to be the gold standard when BIGBANG and IU were dominating and getting roof hits with over 1 million ULs.

But I understand it's largely because the Korean public has moved to other platforms like YouTube Music and big labels no longer care about charting in Korea.

They have fallen for the reason you mention. Even in Korea, Spotify and Youtube became much bigger.

Back in the day, groups like Bigbang and IU had 1M UL after 1 DAY, nowadays, it's not achievable.

• I heard from a dear friend of mine from SK that melon is now losing relevance because of Youtube Music and Spotify. One factor is, melon is flooded my fandoms and fake accounts just for mass streaming.

• I heard from a dear friend of mine from SK that melon is now losing relevance because of Youtube Music and Spotify. One factor is, melon is flooded my fandoms and fake accounts just for mass streaming.

That's just half-truth. We can say the same thing about YT and Spoti. The biggest factor is that the new generation is more interested in the other two platforms. Melon is for older Kpop fans and older people in general.

• I need you to stop doomposting KIOF because they are doing just fine. Reached a new peak on Melon daily at 92, re-entered top 100 at 5pm today something they never did before. They are not appearing on big shows like Knowing Bros or It's Live so their jumps obviously won't be as big as BM's who weren't charting at all before KB

yeah I do think they are doing good they entered to the charts before baemon but I think kiss of life have been to it's live for for other songs though. I hope they invite them soon for midas touch

• I need you to stop doomposting KIOF because they are doing just fine. Reached a new peak on Melon daily at 92, re-entered top 100 at 5pm today something they never did before. They are not appearing on big shows like Knowing Bros or It's Live so their jumps obviously won't be as big as BM's who weren't charting at all before KB

That's the thing tho. Kiof was ahead on kcharts from the time they released the song yet baemon has overtaken. It should have gotten a bigger boost with time but it didn't. It hasn't gotten viral and like u mention no big promo so maybe that's what's hindering bigger growth.

Yes agree the promos have helped baemon a lot. I thought #99 would be massive for baemon looking at how tragic their initial charting was. It's still bad but some progress.

`.¸,°.. EUNBI ..°,¸.´

bd244e5463f542b0458f07ca2f1ac31e381fb86a.gifv b14ebbb2cafd17a83af16ce034df00d7028a5940.gifv

• yeah I do think they are doing good they entered to the charts before baemon but I think kiss of life have been to it's live for for other songs though. I hope they invite them soon for midas touch

They went to It's Live for Shhh. That user in particular has always been a bit negative.

• That's the thing tho. Kiof was ahead on kcharts from the time they released the song yet baemon has overtaken. It should have gotten a bigger boost with time but it didn't. It hasn't gotten viral and like u mention no big promo so maybe that's what's hindering bigger growth.

Yes agree the promos have helped baemon a lot. I thought #99 would be massive for baemon looking at how tragic their initial charting was. It's still bad but some progress.

Of course they will be overtaken when BM are promoting at Knowing Bros. Sheesh Its Live performance was trending at 2 in SK. KIOF are from a small company and can't even promote on big shows like KB, Nolto, ILA how will they get a "bigger boost" like you say? It's good enough they were outcharting BM initially.

Btw this was Midas Touch a week ago:

And now at the same time:

loml

Edited 2 times, last by vzal ().

• That's the thing tho. Kiof was ahead on kcharts from the time they released the song yet baemon has overtaken. It should have gotten a bigger boost with time but it didn't. It hasn't gotten viral and like u mention no big promo so maybe that's what's hindering bigger growth.

I appreciate your updates about baemon's I do but you are acting now like you didn't downplay/ shade baemon's during the beginning of sheesh or batter up and now you are trying to downplay other groups . Come on kiss of life is doing amazing considering they are from a small label

i've heard there are account managers and shit for melon charts

• I appreciate your updates about baemon's I do but you are acting now like you didn't downplay/ shade baemon's during the beginning of sheesh or batter up and now you are trying to downplay other groups . Come on kiss of life is doing amazing considering they are from a small label

There is no shade or downplaying in saying something doesn't have momentum. It's what i observed and wrote.

I still think babymonster are digital flops in Korea for a big3 gg and it'll remain that way until they get a real hit or a mid-size song. But at least they are progressing.

I stopped shading baemon because i felt it was wrong to do that to the group out of my bitterness towards YG. Also babymonster stans were doing too much for no reason on Twitter. Literally setting up the group before anything happened.

The girls r talented and deserve success so i shouldn't anti them for their annoying stans or company.

`.¸,°.. EUNBI ..°,¸.´

• Actually, that proves otherwise. Blackpink was an instant success thanks to Bigbang and especially 2NE1. Korean thought they will be the new 2NE1. A couple of years later, Knetz lost their interest in Blackpink because 98% of their songs were mainly in English, and they didn't like how they were acting outside of Korea.

How to tell lies 101 :cursing:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

Interestingly babymonster has gained a bigger momentum in past few days and sheesh is now aiming for bigger peaks. The promos started working

You’re ridiculous It took asap over two months to chart on melon top 10 and at that time they stopped promoting a month ago. Nowadays Songs tend to rise slowly, Midas touch was almost out of the top 100 days ago now it’s rising really first. I think it’s really embarrassing to shade them when they’re basically from a nugu company to a group with 1000x hype & has more promo.

Gonna sound like a grass eater

But comparing kol to the gg that come after bp is so tone deaf, look at qwer, that what good music actually do for u, same as kiol

They have no back up, no big senior, do they even have a fuck ass building

• This thread contains 29 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!