ILLIT and BM are receiving far much hate than they should

• No one much bashes nugu groups. Occasionally some people will call them nugu and say their song is bad. Not the same as the relentless bashing some of the bigger groups get where specific idols get attacked, every performance mistake gets mocked and turned into a clip and re-posted, etc. Nugus have it tough in many ways but they don't get a concerning amount of hate.

• Its just stans of other groups that sajaegi, who now without sajaegi or in markets that they cannot sajaegi are flopping.

• it's been like a week? like i really don't expect people to have so much love for babymonster and illit who have literally just debuted and have only been being talked about for a few days.

and to be honest i really don't see that much "hate" more just criticism. i think people really need to start differentiating those things, especially the young people

i've been into kpop since i was 12 and i've literally never had such meltdowns over kpop discussions as these people do

• it's been like a week? like i really don't expect people to have so much love for babymonster and illit who have literally just debuted and have only been being talked about for a few days.

and to be honest i really don't see that much "hate" more just criticism. i think people really need to start differentiating those things, especially the young people

i've been into kpop since i was 12 and i've literally never had such meltdowns over kpop discussions as these people do

That's very anecdotal. I've personally seen lots of hate, and while I poke fun at Baemon fans sometimes, mainly just Dreamer95 for failing miserably at success stanning so far, some people go way overboard.

In my honest opinion, the hate for ILLIT has been worse, because they dealt with hate from the outcome of their survival competition show, then got hate for attending a fashion show and then got hate from people obsessed with calling them NewJeans copycats, and after everyone called them a sure bet to be Hybe's first flop girl group, now that they're actually doing phenomenally well, all anyone can do is attack them with accusations of payola and inflated sales figures.

Anyone would be fed up having to see this day in and day out on every platform they use to engage in K-Pop discussions.

• i really don't understand how this ruins the joy for everybody lol

like i've been enjoying both comebacks and reading what everyone has to say and even though i don't personally dislike the groups as much as a lot of people seem to it's not ruining for me that other people don't like them

it seems like you all are really effected by the stuff you read i just don't really get that

It does when its not related.

If the thread is about digital performance you can say they are flopping or whatever, however if its a thread about how someone likes the song/proud of a certain achievement and they come in hating calling payola/bots then it ruins it. Which is exactly what happens

Criticism has its time, not on every single thread.

★*★*★*★*★ Fearless, say yes, we don't dress to impress ★*★*★*★*★

dbbc37ee9b34ecb400d4db7532da1d35482c7371.gifv 3923379cb0fbe44b64145967a41d9516e417f661.gifv 682caaf41fe5214856b2773b89e21a72d129a70d.gifv a5265df948bd48063ce07183be2c0b2db46f9bc7.gifv

• Goes to all. I didn't say nugu groups are not subjected to hate??

Critisize all you want, I do criticize too, however do not go to every single thread even if it is not related, dont keep beating the same horse.

And after more than 10 days? I think people who want to criticize the song/company/ads whatever would be done. The rest is just hate, unless a new thing happens which didnt for both of these groups

P.S I know agencies do promos on spotify/yt/etc. Its what they are for, i question them if they didn't tbh, but that is a diffrent topic

★*★*★*★*★ Fearless, say yes, we don't dress to impress ★*★*★*★*★

dbbc37ee9b34ecb400d4db7532da1d35482c7371.gifv 3923379cb0fbe44b64145967a41d9516e417f661.gifv 682caaf41fe5214856b2773b89e21a72d129a70d.gifv a5265df948bd48063ce07183be2c0b2db46f9bc7.gifv

• Below is why. If they flopped there would be no hate.

Active Girl Groups most recent Spotify Global results

1. New Jeans Super Shy - #4 - Day 14 - 4,726,910 (filtered)

*2. Illit Magnetic - #15 (peak #13) - Day 12 - 3,812,420 (filtered)

3. Lsf Easy - #52 - Day 4 - 2,122,349 (filtered)

*4. BabyMonster Sheesh - #69 - Day 2 - 1,769,138 (filtered)

5. Aespa Drama - #71 - Day 2 — 1,607,616 (filtered)

6. Twice I Got You - #130 - Day 1 - 1,481,182 (filtered)

* 7. Kiss of Life - did not chart - Day 2 - 1,206,314

8. Gidle Super Lady - did not chart - Day 2 - 1,115,268 (unfiltered)

9. Ive Baddie - did not chart - Day 4 - 987,194 (unfiltered)

Edited once, last by K-PL ().

• You can say the same for every popular group.

Look at LSF recently, or the Itzy slander across the last year, or Aespa from Next Level until Spicy. NJ, Ive, Gidle, and the top 5 in the generation before were also not immune.

Twice, BP and RV all still cop it 10 years in to their careers.

The only groups that are immune are nugu groups.

Long story short, it's tall poppy syndrome.

• No one much bashes nugu groups. Occasionally some people will call them nugu and say their song is bad. Not the same as the relentless bashing some of the bigger groups get where specific idols get attacked, every performance mistake gets mocked and turned into a clip and re-posted, etc. Nugus have it tough in many ways but they don't get a concerning amount of hate.

Of course, because they're from small agencies, but "less hate" is still hate! It's like saying: "What would you prefer? I will throw a rock in your face ONCE, or I will do it MULTIPLE times?" One "rock" can hurt you just as bad as 10!

And let's be real, BIG4 fandoms and fans overall, can't see the difference between HATE and FAIR CRITICISM!

Saying, it's not as "concerning" for me is CONCERNING af! It's like: "Don't worry, I only killed ONE person."

No, you didn't say that, but you didn't make a thread about "Let's protect those Idols, too." either. Prime example of hypocrisy. People only care about things they see more or close to their home. I mean, look at the WARS. I hate politics, but still, the Russian-Ukraine war still happening, but people already forget about it because it's not trending on Twitter anymore. The same goes for the others.

• Keep in mind :

Bad buzz >> no buzz.

They will be exposed everywhere, to all types of public who do not yet know them and who may have an opinion different from the person who is trying to spread hatred.

Nmixx and Kep1er's situation is worse, their debut wasn't well received either, but no one cares

“ < 4 you & her

• to everyone who said "they just got little critic" or "it's critic not hate", believe me that are indeed hate.

I saw massive hate including body shaming and directly insulting members for both groups in many platforms. Maybe in here it just seem "critic" or "giving opinion" but outside is wild.

Pretty sad for Illit and BM. I enjoy both group songs. I hope the girls okay and have strong mental because i cant imagine what they'll get in the future if this is what they already get in 1-2 weeks debut.

• Some of those threads are clearly made to start fanwars or to hate on one of the groups.

It's getting boring now

• Yeah, this is true.

I didn't care much for Magnetic at first play and would probably have never played again if there weren't costant threads whining about this song or HYBE.

Now I'm starting the enjoy the song.

Wouldn't have happened without the constant reminders that the song exists

• Discrimination against women and hatred of women. It only ever happens to girl groups and almost never to boy groups.

Patriarchy also prevails in Korea, which means the discrimination rate against women is significantly higher than in Western Europe and North America.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!