Newjeans vs Illit: What group got more hybe payola in its first 2 weeks?

• Which group got more payola and benefits from hybe in the first 2 weeks of debut? 32

1. Illit (24) 75%
    2. Newjeans (8) 25%

Folks, this is the battle of the two most inorganic and privileged kpop groups ever, at least until the next hybe favorite group debuts.

Depending on your perception what group got more of that clearly, inorganic, shady hybe push, that can fabricate huge instant success that no group from other company could dream to achieve? you can take charting on kcharts, spotify, youtube, sales, getting huge brand deals and other opportunities rookies usually don't get into consideration.

Personally despite I still believe newjeans is the most privileged kpop group overall for various reasons, hybe has given illit a way bigger initial push, for example illit has been doing absurd numbers on spotify global meanwhile newjeans during their first 2 weeks never entered even the top 200, illit magnetic has 3M streams on their 12th day of debut, newjeans was out of the chart. Illit will also enter billboard hot 100 faster too. So it will depends on what hybe does in the next months for me to reconsider if illit dethrones newjeans as the most inorganic kpop group ever during debut.

• :boompepe:

• It's still NJ, they had like 4 mvs at debut and got added to tth 25 days after debut when they weren't even pulling 5m streams on spotify daily like illit is currently doing

Thats the reason they are still the most fraudulent overall for me despite hybe giving illit way more right after debut, I can't believe that despite giving illit a top 15 worldwide on spotify right after debuting their payola is still more subtle that making newjeans the biggest streaming force on spotify in the girl group category 1 month after spending weeks outside the top 200... never seen that blatant manipulation of the music industry.

• Thats the reason they are still the most fraudulent overall for me despite hybe giving illit way more right after debut, I can't believe that despite giving illit a top 15 worldwide on spotify right after debuting their payola is still more subtle that making newjeans the biggest streaming force on spotify in the girl group category 1 month after spending weeks outside the top 200... never seen that blatant manipulation of the music industry.

Are they more fraudulent than your take on "Why Twice survived the chinese fraudulent sales curse but Lesserafim, Aespa, Red Velvet, Itzy and others couldn't?", followed by Twice also seeing a precipitous drop in their total sales, or is it more or less a wash?

:boompepe:

• Kpop fans seriously lose it when groups gets viral hits.

Atp give it up people, Magnetic going SOTY whether we like it or not.

:pepe-just-smile:

No one gets mad about a genuine viral song, if the supposed viral song is just because a company bought playlisting and payola so blatanly like hive is what makes anybody with morals have an issue, people just naturally hate cheaters, I don't understand why you guys get so defensive when people expose the cheaters on kpop

• No one gets mad about a genuine viral song, if the supposed viral song is just because a company bought playlisting and payola so blatanly like hive is what makes anybody with morals have an issue, people just naturally hate cheaters, I don't understand why you guys get so defensive when people expose the cheaters on kpop

Payola in the music industry refers to the illegal practice of bribing radio stations to play specific songs without disclosing that the airtime has been paid for. Essentially, it’s a form of “pay for play” where record labels and artists artificially inflate the popularity of their music by paying stations to feature their songs without proper disclosure.

Magnetic has yet to secure a spot on the TTH playlist. We should wait until it does, and then brace ourselves for the inevitable frenzy or meltdown. The song is going viral, so it’s time to catch up with the trends. And if anyone believes that achieving a stable top 15 hit on global Spotify is a walk in the park for a K-pop act, they’re mistaken.

• Clown you will need to do better to try to derail this one, such a lame attempt :pepe-clown-gear:

Are you sharing your clown make up with me? How sweet of you. Is there enough room for me in the clown car you used to make your escape when your shit thread (much like this one) blew up in your face in spectacular fashion :boompepe:

Your absence had me cringing in second hand embarrassment like I was listening to that infamous More and More encore stage again :pepe-joy:

• Are you sharing your clown make up with me? How sweet of you. Is there enough room for me in the clown car you used to make your escape when your shit thread (much like this one) blew up in your face in spectacular fashion :boompepe:

Your absence had me cringing in second hand embarrassment like I was listening to that infamous More and More encore stage again :pepe-joy:

You utter fool really believed I was not log in because something like that? Like you are genuinely a moron, not only twice survived the fraudulent sales curse but my thread is 100% correct too.

• Compare some debut songs in the first 2 weeks

1. Magnetic - 65M playlist

2. Eleven - 27M playlist

3. Battle up - 26M playlist

4. Attention - 6.5M playlist

Unlike Magnetic, none of these debut tracks made it into Spotify's Top 50 Global Songs.

Due to several top 50 chart entries, Magnetic increased playlists in its first week of availability, and they are free.

:pepe-notes:

• Payola in the music industry refers to the illegal practice of bribing radio stations to play specific songs without disclosing that the airtime has been paid for. Essentially, it’s a form of “pay for play” where record labels and artists artificially inflate the popularity of their music by paying stations to feature their songs without proper disclosure.

Magnetic has yet to secure a spot on the TTH playlist. We should wait until it does, and then brace ourselves for the inevitable frenzy or meltdown. The song is going viral, so it’s time to catch up with the trends. And if anyone believes that achieving a stable top 15 hit on global Spotify is a walk in the park for a K-pop act, they’re mistaken.

Yeah that’s the definition but K-pop stans use the word “Payola” as a way to claim hybe is cheating the “system” (even though they’re baseless accusations) :eyeroll-pepe:

• As far as Spotify goes, isn't the right answer the group that got put on the biggest playlists? I dont use Spotify, i barely know how it works, i dont understand their charts (folks keep talking about a Spotify Global 50 but then i see global rankings for songs at like 112th, 145th, 77th, etc).

But what i distinctly remember is that while labels paying to get put on official playlists can help, there are certain specific super playlists that are the true kingmakers, i think it was something called Todays Top Hits that is supposed to be the biggest payola kingmaker of them all. Maybe a couple others as well? So the answer could be as simple as when NJ got put on the biggest playlists versus when Illin got put on them.

Alternatively, i saw some folks putting out stats relating to playlists (not sure if it was the amount of streams of a song attributed to playlists or if it was the total subscriber count of all playlists that a song has been payola-ed into). Maybe you could compare these kinds of numbers between NJ and Illin and figure out who had the most help this way.

• Unlike Magnetic, none of these debut tracks made it into Spotify's Top 50 Global Songs.

Due to several top 50 chart entries, Magnetic increased playlists in its first week of availability, and they are free.

:pepe-notes:

and how did a one day old nugu gg with no hype whatsoever and a almost whole korean song made it into the globale top 50?? how in a few hours did they jump 100 place or smth to get there??? please genuinely enlighten me :pepe-just-smile: .

Illit never needed tth actually, they got a whole another level typa exposure: aka global top 50 spotify

• And to this thread, ultimatly what really matters is music. if a good (at last somewhat) original sound with an original group and not a copycate got a good amount of exposure, then it would be fine. (to some extent) Actually it would genuinely take off. Like Cupid did or Super shy did also to a lesser extent.

NJ definitly got the Hybe promo just like Le Ssera did in korea, and also Illit, but guess what NJ went genuinely viral. 3 songs in the top 10 and Hype boy becoming a national hit still in the top 30 two years later.

But Illit? They have potential but no identity, as a group and as artists. 3 of their songs are out of melon top 200 if not worse. And their music just has no soul, no identity and no character.

Promote if you can indeed, anyone would, but at last promote good, real music damn it. :facepalm:

So the answer is Illit definitly.

• Folks, this is the battle of the two most inorganic and privileged kpop groups ever, at least until the next hybe favorite group debuts.

Depending on your perception what group got more of that clearly, inorganic, shady hybe push, that can fabricate huge instant success that no group from other company could dream to achieve? you can take charting on kcharts, spotify, youtube, sales, getting huge brand deals and other opportunities rookies usually don't get into consideration.

Personally despite I still believe newjeans is the most privileged kpop group overall for various reasons, hybe has given illit a way bigger initial push, for example illit has been doing absurd numbers on spotify global meanwhile newjeans during their first 2 weeks never entered even the top 200, illit magnetic has 3M streams on their 12th day of debut, newjeans was out of the chart. Illit will also enter billboard hot 100 faster too. So it will depends on what hybe does in the next months for me to reconsider if illit dethrones newjeans as the most inorganic kpop group ever during debut.

People will be angry at you because truth hurts. They prefer to believe in "from zero to hero" type of stories instead of golden spoons with 20M dollars budget...

"You can troll on your main and we have plenty examples of that" (c) Ves

soojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-gidle.gif

• and how did a one day old nugu gg with no hype whatsoever and a almost whole korean song made it into the globale top 50?? how in a few hours did they jump 100 place or smth to get there??? please genuinely enlighten me :pepe-just-smile: .

Illit never needed tth actually, they got a whole another level typa exposure: aka global top 50 spotify

Magnetic snippets went viral, it had 12k videos under it's sounds and almost 150k cap videos on TikTok before it's release. It was trending on IG reels and even on Twitter had multiple couple of million video views too. There was anticipation for the song, and especially the choreo. The numbers it's done on Spotify perfectly matched with it's traction on other Social Media.

Reasearch before asking a question.

Underwater - remake | Cute animal drawings, Fantasy dragon, Animal drawingsOcean with dragons, fish, and other animals having fun anime styleUnderwater - remake | Cute animal drawings, Fantasy dragon, Animal drawings

Edited 2 times, last by Wateris ().

• This thread contains 37 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!