New jeans and illit are basically twins

• I agree with what you said. These two groups are definitely more similar than BP-Babymon. Only Sheesh is giving me Blackpink vibes. The rest of the album sounds totally different to whatever BP has released so far. Meanwhile, NewJeans could have easily had Illit's debut album and concept for their next comeback, and nobody would've raised their eyebrows.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• I agree with what you said. These two groups are definitely more similar than BP-Babymon. Only Sheesh is giving me Blackpink vibes. The rest of the album sounds totally different to whatever BP has released so far. Meanwhile, NewJeans could have easily had Illit's debut album and concept for their next comeback, and nobody would've raised their eyebrows.

If NewJeans came out looking like the Sailor Senshi doing extremely cutesy choreography and presenting an overall delicate and soft aesthetic, people would absolutely raise eyebrows.

The debut stage for NewJeans and the debut stage have zero similarities if you watch them.

• If NewJeans came out looking like the Sailor Senshi doing extremely cutesy choreography and presenting an overall delicate and soft aesthetic, people would absolutely raise eyebrows.

The debut stage for NewJeans and the debut stage have zero similarities if you watch them.

NewJeans had a powerpuff girls concept and released a song called Super Shy. It can't get more cutesy than that.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

also baemon is more vocal oriented they use more their vocals like some belt and do more runs like I get there are songs that have the yg sound that's inevitable lol but as groups they have different strengths imo

• you mean 2ne1 or BP have done songs like dream or stuck in the middle??? Or like that? Have you heard the full song of “like that” yet?

I know YG girl group soundscape as well as any Blink on this forum. 2NE1 made me a K-Pop fan.

And yes, based on the specious criteria being used to compare NewJeans and ILLIT, BM and BP are identical twins.

Your hypocrisy and agenda gets exposed the moment you push back on that comparison

• The only curious thing i find from this situation is that yg and jyp hit it out of the park with bp and twice, both of which owed a huge part of their success to their visuals while getting various degrees of criticism for their wanting talents - people’s words, not mine, but then both companies decided to do a 180 in an attempt to address the criticism? and went for babymonster and nmixx to pick up the mantle in the next generation, who are obviously better vocalists and dancers (and rappers too in the case of bm) than their senior labelmates, but are perceived to be not as pretty. Don’t get me wrong, all of them are good looking girls of course, but if you ask people to pick out their favourite visuals, most would probably choose from the pool of the 3rd gen groups, not 4th gen.

Meanwhile, hybe decided to play exactly into the winning formula of 3rd gen and debuted 3 ggs in a row containing of not exactly the most vocally gifted idols, but all are perceived to be very pretty and amongst the best-looking visual groups out there. And what do you know, it’s the combo of visuals + catchy & “easy-listening” music that gets them success, not the excessive vocal talents. Just like the way it has always been with pop music everywhere in the world lmao.

Some peeps like to act all high brow and look down on certain idols, but the reality is that the vast majority of casual mainstream music consumers (which is the main force that makes or breaks the relevance of your group) does not care much about talents; it’s always the best looking people that succeed the most. There are exceptions, but they absolutely are not the rule. So smart companies are those that understand how superficial people are when it comes to lookism and play into it in an industry as vapid as popular culture, if they want to make a quick buck, which is exactly what kpop centres around 😴

GHKtcwrgg7PR2zq2n3kYOk7HwMaFmKPVjCKcKGmPym15f2_LUSIN7NKBDaHaGQ2jd-MeVqoRwI3AmQM=s830-c-fcrop64=1,0000004fffffffb0-nd-v1

Edited once, last by whiffy ().

• The only curious thing i find from this situation is that yg and jyp hit it out of the park with bp and twice, both of which owed a huge part of their success to their visuals while getting various degrees of criticism for their wanting talents - people’s words, not mine, but then both companies decided to do a 180 in an attempt to address the criticism? and went for babymonster and nmixx to pick up the mantle in the next generation, who are obviously better vocalists and dancers (and rappers too in the case of bm) than their senior labelmates, but are perceived to be not as pretty. Don’t get me wrong, all of them are good looking girls of course, but if you ask people to pick out their favourite visuals, most would probably choose from the pool of the 3rd gen groups, not 4th gen.

Meanwhile, hybe decided to play exactly into the winning formula of 3rd gen and debuted 3 ggs in a row containing of not exactly the most vocally gifted idols, but all are perceived to be very pretty and amongst the best-looking visual groups out there. And what do you know, it’s the combo of visuals + catchy & “easy-listening” music that gets them success, not the excessive vocal talents. Just like the way it has always been with pop music everywhere in the world lmao.

Some peeps like to act all high brow and look down on certain idols, but the reality is that the vast majority of casual music consumers (which is the main force that makes or breaks the relevance of your group) does not care much about talents; and it’s always the best looking people that succeed the most. There are exceptions, but they absolutely are not the rule. So smart companies are those that understand how superficial people are when it comes to lookism and play into it in an industry as vapid as popular culture, if they want to make a quick buck, which is exactly what kpop centres around 😴

what success. Its still questionable

• what success. Its still questionable

if fifty fifty had not fumbled their career trajectory and still operated as a group rn, and if they continued to churn out hits after hits after cupid, even if their sales and touring were abysmal for the rest of their career, they’d still be considered one of the most successful groups of 4th gen. And the hybe ggs already have much better sales + relevance as a group than fifty fifty did

You think companies with as big an ego as yg and jyp do not care about their groups’ charting/relevance and only care about the fandom side, when we already have mountainous evidence to prove otherwise? Well then i have a bridge to sell to you lmao the copium has messed up your brain

• if fifty fifty had not fumbled their career trajectory and still operated as a group rn, and if they continued to churn out hits after hits after cupid, even if their sales and touring were abysmal for the rest of their career, they’d still be considered one of the most successful groups of 4th gen. And the hybe ggs already have much better sales + relevance as a group than fifty fifty did

You think companies with as big an ego as yg and jyp do not care about their groups’ charting/relevance and only care about the fandom side, when we already have mountainous evidence to prove otherwise? Well then i have a bridge to sell to you lmao the copium has messed up your brain

i witnessed the days They had playlistings and streams since They were unknown. So i dont trust anything But my eyes.

• i witnessed the days They had playlistings and streams since They were unknown. So i dont trust anything But my eyes.

i mean if you want to bury your head in the sand and pretend the hybe ggs haven’t already bagged many hits under their belt (more than any other big 3 companies atm), you do you 🧓

The alleged playlisting has no relevance here, bc at the end of the day these songs are already hits and it’s impossible to deny it whether you want to or not, which is all that matters to you anyway 💆‍♂️

• i mean if you want to bury your head in the sand and pretend the hybe ggs haven’t already bagged many hits under their belt (more than any other big 3 companies atm), you do you 🧓

The alleged playlisting has no relevance here, bc at the end of the day these songs are already hits and it’s impossible to deny it whether you want to or not, which is all that matters to you anyway 💆‍♂️

its amount of playlistings that give them stable streams. And They still have them so it does matter. Yes. Its not normal for random kpop song to increase streams and end up in top 5 on global Spotify. And They did it with every song. Its not normal and you can pretend But people know

• It can get more cutesy actually. ILLIT would be exhibit A

SS choreo literally has intense WACKING in it and that's your go to comparison? :sweat:

Super Shy IS a cutesy song. Have you even listened to the lyrics properly? Also just because you can't see your girls doing Illit's cutesy choreo, doesn't mean others won't find their concept & choreo similar. Like take a chill pill dude. Why are you even defensive about it? I'm pretty sure you would've been flattered if a non HYBE group was taking inspiration from NewJeans.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• Yeah the influence Newjeans had on Illit is very obvious. Music wise though they remind me a lot more of Loona which I like. But watching their music show performances was such a disappointment, their choreos and styling are SO unoriginal and batlantly copying NJ, it got me cringing. It wasn't subtle at all.

I don't see loona unless you are talking bout their subunits but when I think of loona I think of a group with girl crush elements especially their last releases until they disbanded ( except for the last one) which I disliked lol

• its amount of playlistings that give them stable streams. And They still have them so it does matter. Yes. Its not normal for random kpop song to increase streams and end up in top 5 on global Spotify. And They did it with every song. Its not normal and you can pretend But people know

i’m not talking about the raw numbers. And maybe playlisting did pad them up. But that doesn’t change the fact that these songs are already hits. People know them, stream them, dance to them - that’s the reality whether you like it or not. And that’s the definition of success for a music artist. I’m sure these groups are not losing sleep over only having ABC number of streams instead of ABC+n from playlisting. My point was never about their specific positions on spotify or whatever. It’s only you who had such a narrow view of what success means, but at least you’re not alone in the vast pool of kpop stans sharing similar pathetic warped views lol

• I don't see loona unless you are talking bout their subunits but when I think of loona I think of a group with girl crush elements especially their las releases until they disbanded ( except for the last one) which I disliked lol

Ohh I am talking about predebut Loona when they had oec and solos. Specially odd eye circle, which to this day still is my favorite subunit in kpop by far

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Once they mix the cutesy with girl crush like Choerry was able to do I might even stan, it's one of my all time kpop favs

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• that's what I thought that you weren't talking about loona as a whole group but the subunits

I also Iliked loona odd eye circle but I didn't like choerry lol at all

• Playlisting can help but it is only a bit. If the song is not good or people have just moved on, the song isn't even going to chart or will drop quickly.

Except for NJ, the newer groups have about the same level of playlisting. Because to get above say 35M you can't just go out and buy it, you need to get past a certain threshold of ULs first and be able to hold at that level.

Its not like Korea now, where you only need 100 ULs to top 20 and 200 ULs for top 5, and its almost nothing for a song to stay in the top 100 indefinitely. Thats why you got songs doing really well in Korea but are mega flops globally.

• The difference is that Illit took some inspiration from the cultural reset and made it work.

Their hair and some aesthetic style might give off NJ vibe but they are musically in a different block from NJ y2k/rnb.

:pepe-notes:

"No one has done what I have done during the 30 years in K-pop" - Min Hee-Jin

:meme-what:

Kpop world is a total mess because of greed and ego right now

:meme-bonk:

Edited once, last by Wateris ().

• It's not even an inspiration or influence, it was a straight up copy. Don't mind YamaToken she's lying :cursing: :cursing:

Part of the NJ concept is that they are 5 girls next door. MJH could have spent 1/2 a day in any Korean shopping mall and picked 5 random pretty kids, trained them for 8 months to follow a chorography exactly, and the results would have been the same. To not acknowledge this is insulting MJH and her vision.

Illit are just marketed to target the next batch of 9-12 year olds.

• Part of the NJ concept is that they are 5 girls next door. MJH could have spent 1/2 a day in any Korean shopping mall and picked 5 random pretty kids, trained them for 8 months to follow a chorography exactly, and the results would have been the same. To not acknowledge this is insulting MJH and her vision.

Illit are just marketed to target the next batch of 9-12 year olds.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Min Heejin is on record stating that choosing the members one of us the most thorough and nuanced processes of the entire project, and her decision was made on chemistry, personality and potential moreso than "can you sing well? can you dance well? are you pretty?"

Have a seat and/or stay seated.

• You have no idea what you're talking about.

Min Heejin is on record stating that choosing the members one of us the most thorough and nuanced processes of the entire project, and her decision was made on chemistry, personality and potential moreso than "can you sing well? can you dance well? are you pretty?"

Have a seat and/or stay seated.

Yes, that is what I just posted. You could just pick any 5 randoms off the street and not have to talent scout them from Hanlim et al., and then just train them for 8 months to exactly follow a choreography. I mean she has been basically outright saying that the success is 100% because of her and her vision since day 1.

• Yes, that is what I just posted. You could just pick any 5 randoms off the street and not have to talent scout them from Hanlim et al., and then just train them for 8 months to exactly follow a choreography. I mean she has been basically outright saying that the success is 100% because of her and her vision since day 1.

Did she really say that? :pepewhat:

Cause even though it's true, Koreans dont generally like to see that from leader types, like imagine if YG came out and said that BP's success was 100 percent because of him, the Knetz would be tearing into him.

And what you described is what i feel about Illin. Aside from Fake Minju, every other girl in the group looks identical to me (at least in the photo i saw of them). Their song is actually catchy but it's literally a NJ's song.

• This thread contains 6 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!