I am gotta be honest, it is not Melanie Fontana and her husband, it is Twice

• I went through all the stages of grief and finally arrived to the last one - acceptance.

I mean, these girls really thought that Set Me Free was a banger mind you. Combined with the fact that they hate most of their hit songs and never thought those songs would be hits puts out a clear picture for me, which is Twice have pretty horrible and bland taste in music :pepe-shrug:

Melanie Fontana composed Boy With Luv which is one of my favorite BTS songs. Not every song a composer produces is gonna be a hit. Singers have to choose carefully and Twice have been pretty bad at it :pepe-peaking:

• Every Once has to come to this conclusion at least once in their lives. It's rarely ever the producers fault, the girls just have extremely bad taste in music and should not be in charge of selecting their songs or title tracks at all. I Got You did nothing for them at all, I know Onces loved it, but their not growing at all in their 7th year because of how bad their music is, their only promoting to their fandom and nobody else.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• :pepe-yes-sign:

:toxicpepe:

Why do I feel like had this been a hit you would have liked it? Because the only negative thing I've seen you say about IGY was about being tired of them being best of friends for all eternity ;judgingpepe:

• :toxicpepe:

Why do I feel like had this been a hit you would have liked it? Because the only negative thing I've seen you say about IGY was about being tired of them being best of friends for all eternity ;judgingpepe:

Okay, if I am being serious, none of these songs are ultimately bad, including Set Me Free, Moonlight whatever or even Scientist. If we dive deep into this there is no bad music in general. Because music is not meant to be bad, it is meant to be pleasant to ears. Now noise is bad, a music played by someone who can't hit the notes correctly is bad, but a well performed songs is never bad.

But on the other hand not all songs manage to bring emotions in a lot of people and have them listen to it repeatedly. And that's where we are. Did any of these songs make me lower the volume? No. But they brought no desire in me to ever listen to them again. I Got You was a nice one time experience and that's it. And I know you guys hate when charts are brought up but the fact that the song lost listeners so quickly, isn't that a metric on its own regardless of the chart positions?

• Okay, if I am being serious, none of these songs are ultimately bad, including Set Me Free, Moonlight whatever or even Scientist. If we dive deep into this there is no bad music in general. Because music is not meant to be bad, it is meant to be pleasant to ears. Now noise is bad, a music played by someone who can't hit the notes correctly is bad, but a well performed songs is never bad.

But on the other hand not all songs manage to bring emotions in a lot of people and have them listen to it repeatedly. And that's where we are. Did any of these songs make me lower the volume? No. But they brought no desire in me to ever listen to them again. I Got You was a nice one time experience and that's it. And I know you guys hate when charts are brought up but the fact that the song lost listeners so quickly, isn't that a metric on its own regardless of the chart positions?

I mean if the song did numbers that still wouldn't have stopped my enjoyment of any song.

Little fact about me. I never liked Cheer Up (and knock knock). But it's their most successful song in South Korea. It doing numbers didn't change my opinion of me liking the song or not. Dance The Night Away turned me into a once because I really loved that song and then I started to appreciate their older songs I used to not like.

I don't know what they will have to release to be in the good graces of South Koreans but that should not cloud your enjoyment of just the song itself. There are other factors that go into chart success and none of the songs you dislike was because of it being horrible. There is no fomo for Twice anymore and they are currently not trendy. If one day they gain back those two then you'll see it was never about the song quality but about how trendy the group singing the song is.

• I mean if the song did numbers that still wouldn't have stopped my enjoyment of any song.

Little fact about me. I never liked Cheer Up (and knock knock). But it's their most successful song in South Korea. It doing numbers didn't change my opinion of me liking the song or not. Dance The Night Away turned me into a once because I really loved that song and then I started to appreciate their older songs I used to not like.

I don't know what they will have to release to be in the good graces of South Koreans but that should not cloud your enjoyment of just the song itself. There are other factors that go into chart success and none of the songs you dislike was because of it being horrible. There is no fomo for Twice anymore and they are currently not trendy. If one day they gain back those two then you'll see it was never about the song quality but about how trendy the group singing the song is.

You've completely misrepresented everything I said to once again build your "success stan" narrative.

• different strokes for different folks my friend

I didn't like some of their previous TT but there's always a bside or two that I really like

how about this minion instead of being all "twice songs suck" how about you give me one bside from each of their last (say three releases) that you really liked?

I didn't like some of their previous TT but there's always a bside or two that I really like

how about this minion instead of being all "twice songs suck" how about you give me one bside from each of their last (say three releases) that you really liked?

Is it a genuine question or some gotcha? I'll give you two from the same album, Basics and Brave. Ready To Be had no good songs, not arguing about it.

• Is it a genuine question or some gotcha? I'll give you two from the same album, Basics and Brave. Ready To Be had no good songs, not arguing about it.

genuine question my friend

brave is great - it's probably my fav song from the album

basics no so much for me

I do agree that ready to be had less songs I really liked but I did like Got the Thrills

• You know, I usually always reply to your threads and I ignore most trolls threads because the difference between you and the antis is that I do believe you really care about Twice and you are just venting your frustration.

Yes, it is true, Twice has alot more power over the tracks being chosen now and they should as a 9 year old group. So you can blame Twice if you don't like song because they do have some say in the choice. People have heard me say this many times, Onces is the most divided fandom in terms of taste because of how polarizing pre-fancy and post fancy Twice is. I still believe about 50% of Once will like a song and 50% wont at any given release and it'll remain that way. Personally, I Got You is one of my favorite tracks, probably top 5 and in my case, I am very happy that Twice had the power to chose this wonderful song.

But lets get to the charts...because I know you love talking about it. You have said in the past many times, something along the lines of "good songs will naturally chart well" and this is true but only partially. We've been kpop fans for many years and we have all seen all types of songs on the chart and we know damn well that "being good" is far from the only factor. You have things promos, virality, hype, or simply the popularity of a group. I've seen popular groups chart regardless of how bad the song is.

We know IGY is not on the Melon top list but go and look up the top 100 songs right now. If charting is a measure of how "good" a song is, you would have to argue that all top 100 songs on Melon right now is better than IGY and you know that isn't the case. How good a song is only part of part of what drives a song up the charts. Let's look at what we do know about the song. 1.) IGY has no promo 2.) JYPE is bad at building hype 3.) Twice just isn't as popular in Korea as they used to be, just few of numerous factors that affect charting.

At the end of the day, Korean charts measure one thing and one thing only, the listening habits of people living in Korea. In this day and age? that has such low importance and I still dont know why people put so much importance on it but regardless,

There is really only 2 choices at the end that you have to accept...you let Twice choose their music and have them be happy. Twice is 9 years old...as rookies you follow whatever the hell the company tells you. After 7 years? if you don't do what you love, you're not going to want to be idols anymore. I'd rather Twice perform songs they love and not chart than chart and hate performing the songs. I believe the only way Twice will make it mentally in the coming years is if they have freedom over how they chose to enjoy their career moving forward.

We're never going to agree with each other.

I'm really sorry you didn't love the song...and you're frustrated.
    I'm also very frustrated because I really like the song and I'm sad it didn't chart higher because this song deserves it.

But the difference is, you want Twice to have chosen a better song to chart higher, I want Twice to chart higher because they have chosen a wonderful song.

• I went through all the stages of grief and finally arrived to the last one - acceptance.

I mean, these girls really thought that Set Me Free was a banger mind you. Combined with the fact that they hate most of their hit songs and never thought those songs would be hits puts out a clear picture for me, which is Twice have pretty horrible and bland taste in music :pepe-shrug:

Melanie Fontana composed Boy With Luv which is one of my favorite BTS songs. Not every song a composer produces is gonna be a hit. Singers have to choose carefully and Twice have been pretty bad at it :pepe-peaking:

yeah at this point it seems like twice has a say in their music and if they thought set me free was good then i don't have high hopes for the future loel.

i wonder if they truly don't like their old songs. i mean they're so good but if i had to sing them and hear them as much as twice has i'd probably hate them too.

but yeah it definitely seems like they do not wanna do cute concept anymore, but maybe they like something like fancy or feel special? those are good and not cute or anything.

i'm just hoping they release something good

• You give a little too much credit to twice besides writing few songs twice have no creative control it’s one of the reasons they renewed.

I don’t know if the girls said they liked IGY or not but one thing I’m sure they didn’t chose the title, JYPE said you’re gonna sing this song and the girls just pretend they like even if the song sucks.

I love my girls but they don’t have ambition when it comes to their music and seem happy with their situation.

wallflower was reallyyyy good. i don't even mind set me free being bad cause we got that song out of the album

• wallflower was reallyyyy good. i don't even mind set me free being bad cause we got that song out of the album

to me wallflower wasn't bad but the only song I liked on that album was Got the Thrills

but I'm happy you really liked it

• Melanie Fontana composed Boy With Luv which is one of my favorite BTS songs. Not every song a composer produces is gonna be a hit. Singers have to choose carefully and Twice have been pretty bad at it :pepe-peaking:

You have a point here. I don't know what other artists and songs Melanie Fontana has worked for but she has worked on some of the best BTS songs.

She famously worked on BWL which is their biggest Korean hit and it is the song made her famous in kpop. But she has also worked on 'Euphoria', 'Mikroskosmos' & 'Run BTS' all of which are the biggest songs of their respective albums both in Korea and internationally. She also worked on J-Hope's 'Equal Sign' which is also the biggest song on his album. Not to say they are all fandom favourites, widely regarded as the best songs on their respective albums too....

So you are right about that it kind of depends on the artists. BTS members not only choose the songs but also work on them themselves along with their executive producers. Hence the end product comes of good....

• You have a point here. I don't know what other artists and songs Melanie Fontana has worked for but she has worked on some of the best BTS songs.

She famously worked on BWL which is their biggest Korean hit and it is the song made her famous in kpop. But she has also worked on 'Euphoria', 'Mikroskosmos' & 'Run BTS' all of which are the biggest songs of their respective albums both in Korea and internationally. She also worked on J-Hope's 'Equal Sign' which is also the biggest song on his album. Not to say they are all fandom favourites, widely regarded as the best songs on their respective albums too....

So you are right about that it kind of depends on the artists. BTS members not only choose the songs but also work on them themselves along with their executive producers. Hence the end product comes of good....

The songs you mentioned are definitely some of BTS biggest and favorite tracks...

I don't think ARMYs really talk about Melanie Fontana and her husband after all the drama. She does come off as snobby.

• Every Once has to come to this conclusion at least once in their lives. It's rarely ever the producers fault, the girls just have extremely bad taste in music and should not be in charge of selecting their songs or title tracks at all. I Got You did nothing for them at all, I know Onces loved it, but their not growing at all in their 7th year because of how bad their music is, their only promoting to their fandom and nobody else.

They just sold out two days stadiums visits in Mexico and Brazil.

• You give a little too much credit to twice besides writing few songs twice have no creative control it’s one of the reasons they renewed.

I don’t know if the girls said they liked IGY or not but one thing I’m sure they didn’t chose the title, JYPE said you’re gonna sing this song and the girls just pretend they like even if the song sucks.

I love my girls but they don’t have ambition when it comes to their music and seem happy with their situation.

Why would not having creative control be a reason to renew? You think they like being controlled? :pepe-hips:

You'd be happy with their situation too. They aren't sweating their Korean charting, because they know they've already achieved practically everything that a Kpop group can achieve over the course of their careers. And do you know why? Because they had the ambition to do so. If y'all want to disrespect them so badly, you can pretend they're has-beens (who are still selling out stadiums worldwide), but don't try claiming they're a never-was, or that they lack ambitian, because they've already proven you wrong on both fronts.

• Why would not having creative control be a reason to renew? You think they like being controlled? :pepe-hips:

You'd be happy with their situation too. They aren't sweating their Korean charting, because they know they've already achieved practically everything that a Kpop group can achieve over the course of their careers. And do you know why? Because they had the ambition to do so. If y'all want to disrespect them so badly, you can pretend they're has-beens (who are still selling out stadiums worldwide), but don't try claiming they're a never-was, or that they lack ambitian, because they've already proven you wrong on both fronts.

??? I said one of the reasons they renewed.

I have never talked about their success who cares about Korea or whatever.

What you’re writing as nothing to with what I said and you’re making another point.

Since they renewed, nothing with JYPE and it’s getting worse each time but since onces seem to be happy with the situation why would JYPE change or twice bother. They’re making more money than ever so yeah what’s the point on being invested on their music if the results is the same.

• What I'm writing has everything to do with what you said. You accused them of lacking ambition, which is completely false, and I illustrated why. They're making money BECAUSE of their ambition. They got to where they are through hard work, not by being unmotivated robots who like being controlled. I still have no idea why you think that would be a reason for renewing. They write some of their own songs, do they not? I bet you don't like those either, but it certainly doesn't show the lack of initiative or investment you seem to think they enjoy. Lots of other groups still have no songwriting credits. They just take whatever they're given, but we're attacking Twice for NOT doing that? Makes no sense.

..... you know nothing lmao. They are pretty much always choosing their songs after renewal. Maybe before renewal this would be true but after it, TWICE have had a say in all their comebacks.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They chose IGY as a pre-release and chances are the title is another friendship song handpicked by them. :skull:

It's not 2018. TWICE have a lot of control over their career now.

loml

• I Got You was great! I knew it wasn't meant to be too popular since it is a song dedicated to ONCEs. TWICE loves that song, I do too. Also it was a pre-release guys, not the title.

Taste can be different. Jeongyeon didn't like Alcohol-Free, but it did good. Tzuyu loved The Feels. Jihyo liked Dance The Night Away.

Set Me Free and Scientist are my least favorite TWICE title tracks. Moonlight Sunrise and Set Me Free are not my type of songs, but TWICE chose them, I think I don't agree with them that much. However, I think it is seasonal, because I really did like I Got You.

I hope TWICE would work again with some other producers instead of Lindgren.

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

• When Jihyo sang

" I am your nightmare "

She wasn't playing Dreamer :cryingr:

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    <3:eyes:

• Not even onces are gagged.

Their last good album and title was released almost two years ago. :pepe-life-support:

See I thought they were enjoying it, if not then.... :skull: I kinda agree with dreamer abt this pre-release being a one listen kinda thing. its very nice but not something ppl would go back for

Oh my baby sweet like bubble gum!

16a5ad82f46a76cf3cdeb18fe28d7be0a6d0a66f.gifv

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!